Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: cluaineois on June 12, 2014, 01:04:39 PM
printed my tickets last night for the match and when passing the pitch this morning i went in to see what my seats were like and true to form the ulster council have allocated extremely poor seats to season ticket holders. Has anybody on here had any luck getting their tickets changed ?

Didn't get them changed but got them grouped (for the NFL final and left the group in place for this one). Allocated GA open stand, section GER DO, wherever that is?  ::)

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Schkite on June 12, 2014, 11:59:04 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 12, 2014, 11:45:46 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 12, 2014, 11:17:36 AM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 12, 2014, 12:57:48 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/determined-conor-mcmanus-goes-distance-to-take-on-tyrone-30344717.html

I honestly don't understand how Mickey Harte thinks Conor is gonna play...

That indo article states
'Not since the Ulster final in 1988 have Monaghan beaten Tyrone at senior championship level and in the intervening 26 years they have lost all four matches to them.'

I'm glad that 4th round qualifier at croke park doesn't rate as worthy to be included in the stats.
It's only 4-0 since 1988.

Off the top of my head, Tyrone have played Monaghan in 2005, 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2013.  How many Monaghan players have played in every game?

Also off the top of my head; Vinny, Lennon, Dick, Finlay and Gollogly would have been there all those years, can't remember if all played every game though. Dessie would've been there every game apart from 2005 because of a dispute with Banty as far as I can remember, he along with Vinny, Finlay and Gollogly had the misfortune to lose ulster finals to Tyrone at minor, u-21 and senior level. Them boys are seriously overdue a win.

HS has it that we didn't meet in 2011: http://www.hoganstand.com/Monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218214  ???

Fuzzman

Amazing there isn't a layout of the stand anywhere online

They're selling section K now online
Is that away down near the bottom goals? Does it run from A near the wheelchair area to what letter?

cluaineois

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 12, 2014, 01:50:18 PM
printed my tickets last night for the match and when passing the pitch this morning i went in to see what my seats were like and true to form the ulster council have allocated extremely poor seats to season ticket holders. Has anybody on here had any luck getting their tickets changed ?

Didn't get them changed but got them grouped (for the NFL final and left the group in place for this one). Allocated GA open stand, section GER DO, wherever that is?  ::)
GER DO is the section at the front of the gerry arthurs around the 20 mtr line depending on seat number (lower numbers closest to 20, higher closer to 45) My seats are for row A which is below the level of the pitch. Would prefer Pat mc Grane or even Hill . I am going to ring Ulster council later as this isn't the first time season ticket holders have been fobbed off with inferior tickets
once your a clone your never alone

donelli

Quote from: cluaineois on June 12, 2014, 02:11:14 PM

GER DO is the section at the front of the gerry arthurs around the 20 mtr line depending on seat number (lower numbers closest to 20, higher closer to 45) My seats are for row A which is below the level of the pitch. Would prefer Pat mc Grane or even Hill . I am going to ring Ulster council later as this isn't the first time season ticket holders have been fobbed off with inferior tickets

Row A also, which is more like a trench. I highlighted this in the season ticket thread. Seems like the Monaghan tickets are all located there. Shocking vantage point.

Maguire01

I'm the same, but row G, so at least a few rows back. Gonna try and sell/swap for the hill.

Fuzzman

Is the Tyrone team being named tonight or tomorrow?
I always look forward to the Thur night before a match when putting the kids to bed

Can we see any unexpected surprises?  Ricey back in?

Rois

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2014, 03:47:06 PM
Is the Tyrone team being named tonight or tomorrow?
I always look forward to the Thur night before a match when putting the kids to bed

Can we see any unexpected surprises?  Ricey back in?
I'm heading up Garvaghey direction tonight Fuzz, I'll let you know who's having extra spuds and who's in the treatment room.

cluaineois

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2014, 02:01:01 PM
Amazing there isn't a layout of the stand anywhere online

They're selling section K now online
Is that away down near the bottom goals? Does it run from A near the wheelchair area to what letter?
Yes starts from A beside wheelchair stand think it runs to N . Contacted season ticket office and they said allocation is made by Ulster council , rang ulster council and they said that i was just unlucky but that the seats are allocated by croke park. Was also informed that for armagh last week that the front row of seats were not allocated as it was felt that they were too low. Wont be renewing season ticket next year.
once your a clone your never alone

TheGateKeeper

omagh_gael

Last minute team guess:

Morgan
McCrory
Justy
McNamee
McNabb
Matty
Harte
Cavanagh
Cavanagh
McGinley
Ronan O'Neill
Mark Donnelly
Coney
SoN
McCurry

Fuzzman

Yeah good team OG and most of us would pick the same although I can't see SON start myself.
I'd say Mickey though will have one or two surprises
I'm going for Block at FF  ;D

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2014, 08:45:20 PM
Yeah good team OG and most of us would pick the same although I can't see SON start myself.

Cause he fell of his bike or for some other reason?

Fuzzman

That's what I heard GFM but I didn't hear what his injuries are.
My point though is I wouldn't start him as he'd be better coming on I think

Schkite

Monaghan team named:

1.Rory Beggan
2.Colin Walshe
3.Drew Wylie
4.Fintan Kelly
5.Dessie Mone
6.Vinny Corey
7.Kieran Duffy
8.Dick Clerkin
9.Darren Hughes
10.Paul Finlay
11.Pauric Donaghy
12.Paudie McKenna
13.Dermot Malone
14.Kieran Hughes
15.Jack McCarron

McManus and Lennon on the bench. You'd imagine there'll be one or two changes before it starts.