USFC - 2/6/27 - Derry v Down

Started by theticklemister, January 09, 2013, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: snoopdog on July 01, 2013, 09:22:51 AM
I know Derry were drew out first but hopefully this game will be played in Newry. GAA cant expect Down fans to travel all the way to Derry again.
With the Distance for either supporters a sunday afternoon game would suit best id imagine.
this draw should not have happened, the old rule should still apply, you cant play the team you have alreay played in the 1st round of the championship.
Derry will be well up for this as they probably feel they could have taken Down last day out. While Down will be hoping to keep better control of a brilliant Eoin Bradley. Its a tough one considering the other teams in the draw. I was hoping to avoid Derry and Tyrone tbh.
Will they have a double header with the hurlers? Common sense so prob not

great idea there at the end

passedit

Is Casement still available? I'm sure the South Derry wans would rather go there than Celtic Park.
Don't Panic

screenexile

Quote from: passedit on July 01, 2013, 09:58:18 AM
Is Casement still available? I'm sure the South Derry wans would rather go there than Celtic Park.

Good shout!!

theticklemister

Quote from: screenexile on July 01, 2013, 10:30:17 AM
Quote from: passedit on July 01, 2013, 09:58:18 AM

Good shout!!

It's not a home tie for Antrim.

thewobbler

If I've read the qualifier rules right, the first team drawn out gets home advantage.

I know most of the comments are in hope rather than expectation, but can anyone explain why they think Derry would even consider giving up this advantage? It's not like they're going to sell out any venue this is taken to.

theticklemister

Quote from: thewobbler on July 01, 2013, 10:36:27 AM
If I've read the qualifier rules right, the first team drawn out gets home advantage.

I know most of the comments are in hope rather than expectation, but can anyone explain why they think Derry would even consider giving up this advantage? It's not like they're going to sell out any venue this is taken to.

Cause there are a lot of South Derry hoor bags in the county of Derry.

brokencrossbar1

I would imagine that it will be in Owenbeg like the weekend game?

screenexile

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 01, 2013, 10:50:02 AM

Nah no chance. There were 10,500 at the Championship game and you would imagine with it being a good game most of those will go back and probably a few others as well.

Owenbeg holds 6,500 so I think it'll definitely be in the City.

DennistheMenace

Yup it will be in Celtic Park, i'm hoping for a Saturday evening game.

naka

can see this happening
it would suit derry

snoopdog

yellowcard

Quote from: screenexile on July 01, 2013, 10:52:28 AM

Nah no chance. There were 10,500 at the Championship game and you would imagine with it being a good game most of those will go back and probably a few others as well.

Can't see there being a bigger crowd at a qualifier match, I suppose it depends on whether it is televised or not. I'd imagine it would suit Derry to play in Owenbeg. Derry will have to make some tactical adjustments from the last game if they are to win this. It might suit them that they will likely go in as underdogs and will have a score to settle with Down. Definitely the pick of the qualifier matches.

charlieTully

Quote from: yellowcard on July 01, 2013, 11:28:53 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 01, 2013, 10:52:28 AM

Can't see there being a bigger crowd at a qualifier match, I suppose it depends on whether it is televised or not. I'd imagine it would suit Derry to play in Owenbeg. Derry will have to make some tactical adjustments from the last game if they are to win this. It might suit them that they will likely go in as underdogs and will have a score to settle with Down. Definitely the pick of the qualifier matches.

bookies have it 6/5 Derry, 5/6 Down,

snoopdog

yep i cant see there being more than 6,000 at it. Id say a lot of Down people will be in 2 minds of travelling to Derry again. if its on TV it will make up a lot of peoples minds.