Donegal v Tyrone Ulster Championship

Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

A very offensively-minded configuration, with solid, seamlessly defensive options from the HF line back. It'll be war!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

In terms of recent form (recent being 2013), Tyrone would be taken to win. Donegal 0-9 Tyrone 1-12

I just have a hunch that Donegal will bare their teeth in some style. No proof or stats to back that up - just in me waters. Donegal 3-12 Tyrone 1-10
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ONeill on May 23, 2013, 10:25:39 PM
I think that's our strongest side.

Would agree. And good options on the bench. The likes of Cassidy, Coney, McCurry and Carlin could offer something from the bench. Does anyone know if McNabb is fit? Harte said everyone was fit apart from Ronan O'Neill but haven't heard anything of McNabb.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 23, 2013, 10:22:37 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2013, 10:11:51 PM
Penrose has transferred to Carmen?

That's old news Gabriel and I'm not even from Tyrone!

Shows how much attention I pay to club football from over here

Main Street

I haven't seen Donegal this year, but Tyrone have impressed me in the 2 televised league games I watched.
I presume MH has had this game sharply in his sights because there's something different about Tyrone this year (but they're still ugly féckers). Donegal will have to play some game to get past them, even if it's in their own back yard.
Tyrone to win handily.

rrhf

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 23, 2013, 10:31:37 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 23, 2013, 10:25:39 PM
I think that's our strongest side.

Would agree. And good options on the bench. The likes of Cassidy, Coney, McCurry and Carlin could offer something from the bench. Does anyone know if McNabb is fit? Harte said everyone was fit apart from Ronan O'Neill but haven't heard anything of McNabb.
Mc nabb training with Tyrone

lynchbhoy

I reckon the red arses will win this one.

That prob means that donegal will be victorious!

God14

Pleased with the Tyrone line up, listened to events unfolding at Garvaghey last night on teamtalkmag live broadcast (which was excellent by the way). Seemed to be a great evening up there with a big crowd in attendance. Noel McGinn said there was easily in excess of 500 people there. That makes me ask more questions about the story of the tickets being sent back, but anyway..

Very rare that some posters on here are able to name Mickeys 15 for the match. Have taken a stab at trying to read the bearded one many times before without success! I think No's 1-12 & 14 were predictable enough this time though, the way things unfolded in the concluding stages of the league.

Ultimately Penrose got the nod for his track record of getting stuck in, tracking back, covering the hard yards etc. Whilst McAliskey won the shoot out between himself, Coney, McCurry etc during the league. With injuries, form etc he was always in pole position to land the jersey there.

Looking at the two full forward lines named - you'd have to say Donegals looks the most impressive. At the same time if this is a match where you need to have a great spread of potential scorers id guess that Tyrone may have more options there.

Cant get my head around the amount of 'neutrals' tipping Tyrone though. We're playing the all ireland champions in their own back yard. They've made no secret that they've been planning for this date all year. They have announced the same 15 will start as in the AI final. We aggitated them in Omagh as well. Bookies make them 8/13 & us 7/4

Im nervous thinkin about the game. Too close to call...

nrico2006

Tyrones bench is strong, would hope that Coney is somewhere near his sharpest after the lay-off as he is a potential game winner when fit.  Justy hasn't seemed to be fit the past few years, since 2010 maybe.  Will he remain at wing0back or mush into the middle to add an extra body for kick-outs etc?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DennistheMenace

'They have announced the same 15 will start as in the AI final.'

That is quite rare to happen, bit of luck on the injuries front with players coming back at the right time it seems.

EC Unique

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 24, 2013, 09:13:03 AM

That is quite rare to happen, bit of luck on the injuries front with players coming back at the right time it seems.

Are they back though? I think that may not be the starting 15.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on May 24, 2013, 09:29:21 AM

I agree, I think there are doubts about Lacey, Gallagher, McHugh & McGlynn. Not that they won't play some part but whether they are 100% fit. Anything less than 100% won't be enough.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 24, 2013, 09:35:06 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 24, 2013, 09:29:21 AM

I agree, I think there are doubts about Lacey, Gallagher, McHugh & McGlynn. Not that they won't play some part but whether they are 100% fit. Anything less than 100% won't be enough.

Eaxtly, it isn't the kind of game you'd want to play without having serious training under your belt and feeling completely fit. Going to be a real battle that probably won't be pretty on the eye. I don't care though.

Bensars

May name the same 15, but unlikely that is the starting line up.

Mc Hugh Injured anyway.

Count 10

Fancy Tyrone to win on Sunday ...looking forward to the game.