Donegal v Tyrone Ulster Championship

Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Don't think the paint is dry on the seats yet

CK_Redhand

I'm really looking forward to the game.  It's not the end of the world for either side if they lose but I think a third defeat in three years could set Tyrone back a lot.

I call Donegal to win by 1 point, with Tyrone to get their revenge later on in the summer.

cadhlancian

CK red hand . You think we will lose by a point, and this 3rd defeat in 3 years will put us back a lot. How then , do you see the result reversing later in the year, if it puts us back a lot?? :o

EC Unique

Quote from: CK_Redhand on May 23, 2013, 09:32:42 PM
I'm really looking forward to the game.  It's not the end of the world for either side if they lose but I think a third defeat in three years could set Tyrone back a lot.

I call Donegal to win by 1 point, with Tyrone to get their revenge later on in the summer.

Are you not contradicting yourself there a bit?

Muzz

Tyrone team named:

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc

2 PJ Quinn Baile na Móna

3 Conor Clarke An Omaigh

4 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mór

5 Justin McMahon An Omaigh

6 Joe McMahon An Omaigh

7 Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór

8 Colm Cavanagh An Mhaigh

9 Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh

10 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac

11 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin

12 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór

13 Martin Penrose An Charraig Mhór

14 Stephen O'Neill Clann na nGael

15 Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo

16 Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua

17 Dermot Carlin Coill an Chlochair

18 Aidan Cassidy Eochar

19 Kyle Coney Ard Bó

20 Kevin Gallagher An Baile Nua

21 Jonathan Lafferty Urnaí

22 Plunkett Kane Oileán a'Ghuail

23 Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin

24 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc

25 Patrick McNeice Oileán a'Ghuail

26 Sean Warnock An Caisleán Glas

CK_Redhand

Ok sorry my post didn't make sense at all haha

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 22, 2013, 10:35:02 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 22, 2013, 10:14:03 PM
This is massive for Mickey.

The whippersnapper McGuinness came along in 2011, praising Mickey in the run-up and then done him over, albeit with a Swift error.
2012, he still talked about Tyrone as the yardstick and turned them over.
2013 - he's the main man now. Another win and he has made Mickey his bitch.

Would agree with that!! I'd say Mickey see's this as a huge game in his managerial career. It will be a serious blip to be turned over by a Donegal team lead by McGuiness 3 years in a row. But I've no doubt that this has driven him on for the last year and will hopefully lead to a huge display from Tyrone. I'm surprised so many people have tipped Tyrone as they're definitely underdogs but I really think we can do it.

It will be interesting to see the Tyrone team tomorrow night. I'm really not convinced McNeice has done enough to earn a starting spot but would not shock me if he was on. Think I said it earlier but I expect the following team if everyone is fit:
Morgan
McCarron
Clarke
PJ
Gormley
Mattie D
Justy
Cavanagh
Cavanagh
Penrose
Harte
Joe Mc
Mark D
Stevie
McAliskey

I'd be confident at least 13 of that team will start. I suppose the biggest doubts would be over Justy and PJ in defence as both have carried knocks. A fully fit Justy is more than worth his place but he has struggled to get there. I suppose up front the only doubts would be over whether he starts Penrose and McAliskey. I think McAliskey may have did enough v Dublin to get his place. Disappointing Ronan O'Neill isn't an option from the bench.

Couple of positional changes but not often you can get the 15 right! Very happy with that 15. If everyone is fully fit would give us a very strong chance.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Aaron Boone

Pretty strong on the subs bench too. 20-man game nowadays.

omagh_gael

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 22, 2013, 02:04:48 PM
An impossible task but I will give it a shot:

Morgan
McCarron
Justy
PJ Quinn
Conor Clarke
Matty Donnelly
Conor Gormley
Sean C
Colm C
Petey Harte
Mark Donnelly
Joey
McAliskey
SoN
Penrose

Snap redhandsanta (although I got in earlier than you ;) )

Redhand Santa

Tyrone: P McConnell, A McCrory, C Clarke, D Carlin, R McMenamin, C Gormley, Sean O'Neill, J McMahon, C Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly, Mark Donnelly, P Harte, M Penrose, Stephen O'Neill, O Mulligan
Subs: R McNabb for Mulligan (49), B McGuigan for Mattie Donnelly (61), A Cassidy for Mark Donnelly (65), N McKenna for McMenamin (65)

That was last years team. I think we're a lot stronger in defence than last year and overall. The inclusion of Sean Cavanagh, Justy and Morgan is a big help. Also the imrpovement of McCarron and the two Donnellys will help. Even more looking forward to it now, bring it on.

Gabriel_Hurl

EC Unique

Tyrone by at least 3. There will be a serious determination and hunger in the Tyrone team that Donegal will not be able to match.  8)

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2013, 10:11:51 PM
Penrose has transferred to Carmen?

That's old news Gabriel and I'm not even from Tyrone!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.