More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Not really. You need the context. It was interesting though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Nally Stand

Jaysus that video shows numerous clear-cut striking offences committed by Dromid players and we are still being told it reflects badly on Derrytresk! There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Great article by Paddy Heaney in the Irish News today re the coverage of the semi-final. Basically said that it was telling how many hours it got in coverage from RTÉ and BBC and how many colulmn inches it got in the likes of the Sindo, before going on to say that for the final, the sindo didnt write a single word of a preview on it, rte didnt even have the score up until the next day and the bbc had only one short piece but ignored how Middleton fared in the intermediate final. He went on to state that "Essentially what the GAA is being told is this: 'We are not interested in providing any publicity for your poxy club games - unless it's negative publicity'". Hard to argue with that.
He also refers to the sectarian chanting that took place at an Irish League match when Crusaders goalie and former Antrim GAA footballer Sean O'Neill was subjected to sustained sectarian abuse and how the media outlets which hammered Derrytresk happily ignored this story and how there was "no follow up interview with Sean O'Neill, no phone in discussions, no questions addressed to Coleraine FC to find out how they were going to tackle the problem of sectarianism among their supporters. No questions were posed to the IFA to find out what disciplinary measures would be taken against the club".
His article is worth a read.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sidney on February 14, 2012, 11:08:15 AM
You try taking a full force punch to the stomach, a targetted upper body challenge to the head when you are fully committed to the ball, or a punch to the face while lying on the ground. See how quickly you get up. Not very I'd guess.

I said 4 out of 7. How quickly did the guy get up ionce the ref had been to him after the incident at about 2:40?

When the Dromid guy mistimed his shoulder, which was no doubt a foul, the derrytresk guy went down like he was badly injured. Ref deals with it and straight up as if he hasn't been touched.

Midfielder falling over when not much was done to him as the dromid guy runs forward - it was a dive. Also how many times do you ever see a ref telling a player to get up?

Yes the punch should have seen the guy sent off and yes Declan O'Sullivan should have been sent off(it wasn't him did the punch was it). I'm not questioning any of that but there were incidents which were very thetrical and akin to a real madrid - barca game as someone alreday said. That is not a direction we want our game to go.

There are not numerous clear-cut striking offenses in that video.

Jinxy

What always annoys me about teams like Derrytresk is the sneakiness of them.
They go from acting the hard man one minute to rolling around like a Uruguayan soccer player the next.
Act like men FFS.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 14, 2012, 11:24:34 AM
Jaysus that video shows numerous clear-cut striking offences committed by Dromid players and we are still being told it reflects badly on Derrytresk! There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Great article by Paddy Heaney in the Irish News today re the coverage of the semi-final. Basically said that it was telling how many hours it got in coverage from RTÉ and BBC and how many colulmn inches it got in the likes of the Sindo, before going on to say that for the final, the sindo didnt write a single word of a preview on it, rte didnt even have the score up until the next day and the bbc had only one short piece but ignored how Middleton fared in the intermediate final. He went on to state that "Essentially what the GAA is being told is this: 'We are not interested in providing any publicity for your poxy club games - unless it's negative publicity'". Hard to argue with that.
He also refers to the sectarian chanting that took place at an Irish League match when Crusaders goalie and former Antrim GAA footballer Sean O'Neill was subjected to sustained sectarian abuse and how the media outlets which hammered Derrytresk happily ignored this story and how there was "no follow up interview with Sean O'Neill, no phone in discussions, no questions addressed to Coleraine FC to find out how they were going to tackle the problem of sectarianism among their supporters. No questions were posed to the IFA to find out what disciplinary measures would be taken against the club".
His article is worth a read.

Also the BBCni sport gave the Rangers story 0.5 seconds, whats up with that given all the supporters we have in this little statelet

Rossfan

Why doesn't his paper make an issue out of it then?
Ask all those questions, publish the responses ,if any, and why doesnt he and others ring all the phone ins and raise the issue?
Or is he another "whinge on the sidelines merchant" asking the old question "why don't THEY...?"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Nally Stand

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 11:29:50 AM
Yes the punch should have seen the guy sent off and yes Declan O'Sullivan should have been sent off(it wasn't him did the punch was it). I'm not questioning any of that but there were incidents which were very thetrical and akin to a real madrid - barca game as someone alreday said. That is not a direction we want our game to go. I'd rather not talk about it.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Cac orm féin

load of aul gullible weemin from free staters to anti tyrone assholes who have done nothing significant in their miserable lives getting their perverted kicks putting derrytresk down when anything comes up.latest being a hack video that tries to be one sided but really shows these dromid idiots up. what a bunch of fuckin poofs and cryers, nothing of dromid doing nothin bad no sir.anyone who swallows that shit deserves everything comin to them.

and if kevin mc stay gets a good smack across the chops from some tyrone wan then he cant say he did not deserve it for his thrash talk.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 14, 2012, 11:38:24 AM
Yes the punch should have seen the guy sent off and yes Declan O'Sullivan should have been sent off(it wasn't him did the punch was it). I'm not questioning any of that but there were incidents which were very thetrical and akin to a real madrid - barca game as someone alreday said. That is not a direction we want our game to go. I'd rather not talk about it.

Well that's what the behaviour reminded me off. No place for it on a GAA field.

Incidentally the BBC are a disgrace when it comes to this kind of thing and are all over it like a rash. Never do you see the GAA get as much coverage on the BBC as when a rucus occurs at a GAA match. In my opinion they have probably contributed to a ridiculous 5 year ban here.

Good man Cac orm féin - good rational and objective viewpoint there ::)

Tubberman

Quote from: Cac orm féin on February 14, 2012, 11:43:49 AM
load of aul gullible weemin from free staters to anti tyrone assholes who have done nothing significant in their miserable lives getting their perverted kicks putting derrytresk down when anything comes up.latest being a hack video that tries to be one sided but really shows these dromid idiots up. what a bunch of fuckin poofs and cryers, nothing of dromid doing nothin bad no sir.anyone who swallows that shit deserves everything comin to them.

and if kevin mc stay gets a good smack across the chops from some tyrone wan then he cant say he did not deserve it for his thrash talk.

Good man, let it out.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Cac orm féin

Quote from: Rossfan on February 14, 2012, 11:37:02 AM

Why doesn't his paper make an issue out of it then?
Ask all those questions, publish the responses ,if any, and why doesnt he and others ring all the phone ins and raise the issue?
Or is he another "whinge on the sidelines merchant" asking the old question "why don't THEY...?"
because the hole thing only deserves only what it usually merits for the competition,a brief preview and report in national press and a bit more attention in local papers.
if it was not for a bunch of spoilt brat entitled kerry poofs you would not even know where derrytresk would be.now go back to calling liveline and tell joe how youve been crying about witney houston ye clampit

Whishtup

Quote from: Jinxy on February 14, 2012, 11:32:04 AM
They go from acting the hard man one minute to rolling around like a Uruguayan soccer player the next.
Act like men FFS.

I think that what annoys you about Derrytresk is that it is in Tyrone.  Just be honest, instead of making up stuff.

Cac orm féin

Quote from: Jinxy on February 14, 2012, 11:32:04 AM
Act like men FFS.
maybe we only copied on from the meath scum of 1996.you should really see derrytresk as a tribute to meath football from all those years ago with yer high horse.maybe i should  call sum ex meath players,ask them what they think.

Cac orm féin

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 11:45:40 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 14, 2012, 11:38:24 AM

Well that's what the behaviour reminded me off. No place for it on a GAA field.

Incidentally the BBC are a disgrace when it comes to this kind of thing and are all over it like a rash. Never do you see the GAA get as much coverage on the BBC as when a rucus occurs at a GAA match. In my opinion they have probably contributed to a ridiculous 5 year ban here.

Good man Cac orm féin - good rational and objective viewpoint there ::)
piss off with your snarky attitude,dont pretend yer unbiased in all this.why not do something with yourself like go outside on to a street and shout WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardy

1996 - the gift that keeps on giving! It takes a splendid kind of masochism to keep evoking pleasant memories for the people you hate most.