More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Very low behaviour from whoever shopped that pic
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sheamy

Agree, you don't need to test it at all but I guarantee if you did you'd find it a fake.

Two young girls walk past unperturbed. A woman looks back with what appears to be a smile and shows no sign of stopping or breaking stride. Referee walks in not noticing a punch which has occured...punching arm looks like it emanates from his chest...etc etc.

It's pathetic. If this is what GAA has come to it's a disgrace and the people involved should be ashamed of themselves. Feeding the likes of the Irish Times with this rubbish.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: sheamy on February 09, 2012, 01:36:41 PM
Agree, you don't need to test it at all but I guarantee if you did you'd find it a fake.

Two young girls walk past unperturbed. A woman looks back with what appears to be a smile and shows no sign of stopping or breaking stride. Referee walks in not noticing a punch which has occured...punching arm looks like it emanates from his chest...etc etc.

It's pathetic. If this is what GAA has come to it's a disgrace and the people involved should be ashamed of themselves. Feeding the likes of the Irish Times with this rubbish.

I put the picture through the pskiller website link and the following message came up " EXIF Make/Model data is missing." What does that mean?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mayo4Sam

Declan O'S officially has the longest arm in the world, it would down to his knee of this were real!

Edit: Typical Nordies!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

sheamy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 09, 2012, 01:58:50 PM
Declan O'S officially has the longest arm in the world, it would down to his knee of this were real!

Ahem...excuse me?

sheamy

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 09, 2012, 01:55:35 PM
Quote from: sheamy on February 09, 2012, 01:36:41 PM

I put the picture through the pskiller website link and the following message came up " EXIF Make/Model data is missing." What does that mean?

An original will carry the camera make etc encoded into the image. However, that's misleading in this case as the image will have been scaled down for the website. The program used (probably photoshop) will have removed that info.

Ignore that website. Look at the state of it sure!  :D :D

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: sheamy on February 09, 2012, 02:06:35 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 09, 2012, 01:58:50 PM

Ahem...excuse me?

Sure yer always at it......

Editing photos that is
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Keane

I love how there's a happy lady with a handbag strolling along smiling away just looking back at it at the inopportune moment. Such a crass effort!

Nally Stand

Quote from: Jinxy on February 09, 2012, 12:22:48 PM
The Derrytresk sub in that O'Sullivan picture, I presume he wasn't one of the pitch invaders during the melee as he was too busy thinking about what he was going to say to his hero Declan after the match.
The Tyrone crowd here would want to wake up.
You all know O'Sullivan was singled out for verbal and physical abuse throughout that game.
If I was him and a Derrytresk sub ran towards me after the match, given all that had happened in the previous hour and a bit, I wouldn't be thinking "This lad obviously just wants to shake my hand."

Defending the indefensible there jinxy. Despite all this bogus talk of needing to know the context behind the photo, you are assuming the Derrytresk player ran to/at O'Sullivan. If context is so crucial, who's to say the lad wasnt walking to O'Sullivan with hand outstretched? The picture shows him striking. End of story. Turns out Kerry players aren't all angels, ain't that a shocker.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ballinaman

Eddie O'Neil obviously knows how to use photoshop. Pathetic. Irishtimes are worse for not spotting how blatantly fake it is.

Tubberman

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 02:40:30 PM
The Derrytresk sub in that O'Sullivan picture, I presume he wasn't one of the pitch invaders during the melee as he was too busy thinking about what he was going to say to his hero Declan after the match.
You all know O'Sullivan was singled out for verbal and physical abuse throughout that game.
If I was him and a Derrytresk sub ran towards me after the match, given all that had happened in the previous hour and a bit, I wouldn't be thinking "This lad obviously just wants to shake my hand."

Defending the indefensible there jinxy. Despite all this bogus talk of needing to know the context behind the photo, you are assuming the Derrytresk player ran to/at O'Sullivan. If context is so crucial, who's to say the lad wasnt walking to O'Sullivan with hand outstretched? The picture shows him striking. End of story. Turns out Kerry players aren't all angels, ain't that a shocker.

The context behind the picture (it's no photo!) is that it never happened. A shabby photoshop effort by someone (from Tyrone presumably) maliciously trying to damage Declan O'Sullivan's reputation.
That could easily be construed as libellous.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sheamy

Nally, the picture is a fake. It shows nothing but a 4 foot long arm on yer man. Derrytresk were very disgracefully treated but don't resort to this...

Nally Stand

Quote from: sheamy on February 09, 2012, 03:24:28 PM

Nally, the picture is a fake. It shows nothing but a 4 foot long arm on yer man. Derrytresk were very disgracefully treated but don't resort to this...

Oh FFS. Aye and the youtube video was all just computer generated special effects  ::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

sheamy

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: sheamy on February 09, 2012, 03:24:28 PM

Oh FFS. Aye and the youtube video was all just computer generated special effects  ::)

Send me the url to the video of Declan O'Sullivan punching this guy...

imtommygunn

The arm is ridiculous. How could you get your arm round there with your shoulder in that position. I would even suspect that one of the two people in the photo are superimposed. If a paper are printing that as real then really journalism has reached a low place.