More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: AQMP on January 27, 2012, 02:48:39 PM
Jaysus, I wish I could get a refund for everytime Antrim got tanked!

That's exactly why this man from Dromid has done us all a great service -

So every time we see a poor game, we just ring up Croker and tell them we're looking our money back ? Brilliant !!

Well done Dromid man !!

Nally Stand

Quote from: orangeman on January 27, 2012, 02:53:07 PM
Quote from: AQMP on January 27, 2012, 02:48:39 PM
Jaysus, I wish I could get a refund for everytime Antrim got tanked!

That's exactly why this man from Dromid has done us all a great service -

So every time we see a poor game, we just ring up Croker and tell them we're looking our money back ? Brilliant !!

Well done Dromid man !!

They'd better hope Donegal don't get too far this year then or they'll be out a fortune!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Whishtup

Quote from: Jinxy on January 27, 2012, 12:53:25 PM
Exactly.
Some people can't see the difference between a player getting involved with an opposition player and a player getting involved with an opposition official.
The subs came on the pitch because their backroom team got involved.
NOT because their players got involved.

Ah now, Jinxy, don't have me spell it all out for you again-you seem to be determined to wax over the fact that Dromid player elevated this whole thing to another level by swinging at clipboard man.  While clipboard man would have been better in the stand, it is clear that the Dromid player's actions are outrageously inflammatory and that this is the first undisputedly shocking action that take place in the fracas.  CB man's trip/collision is debatable.

What is your motive in this, as you keep ignoring the black and white facts-I'd hope that it's just a bit of winding?

HiMucker

What super powers would Clipboardman have ??

Whishtup

Jinxy

Quote from: Whishtup on January 27, 2012, 03:52:59 PM
Exactly.
Some people can't see the difference between a player getting involved with an opposition player and a player getting involved with an opposition official.

Ah now, Jinxy, don't have me spell it all out for you again-you seem to be determined to wax over the fact that Dromid player elevated this whole thing to another level by swinging at clipboard man.  While clipboard man would have been better in the stand, it is clear that the Dromid player's actions are outrageously inflammatory and that this is the first undisputedly shocking action that take place in the fracas.  CB man's trip/collision is debatable.

What is your motive in this, as you keep ignoring the black and white facts-I'd hope that it's just a bit of winding?

It's not.
Whether by accident or design HE initiated the first contact with the Dromid player.
The Dromid player reacts excessively in your eyes.
My view is that he shouldn't have had to react at all.
Clipboard man is clearly Lee Harvey Oswald in this case (I'm trying to keep the Zapruder theme alive).
If you were any use you'd be playing.

sheamy

ballymac

In regard to Clipboard man being present on the sideline. Surely there are rules regarding the number of officals allowed on the pitch (as in not in the stand) with the team. These are a limited number to include physio doctor water carriers etc. It is up to the officals to make sure that teams only have the allocated number on the pitch.

I have read that county teams get fined for not togging out correctly or having socks pulled up as they parade etc. I am sure that there are similar regulations in place for club teams appearing in A-L semis.

So the clipboard man may have been within his right to have been on the sideline, but I would agree if he had not of interfered then the melee may not of happened. Better stewarding and refereeing may have prevented the scenes that have been witnessed, but the powers that be now need to take action to prevent things like this happening. I don't expect Derrytresk to get put out of the competition or have too many sanctions placed on them but clearer rules and heavier punishments need to be implemented for the coming leagues and championships.

Jinxy

Quote from: HiMucker on January 27, 2012, 03:54:47 PM

He can throw his clipboard very accurately from distance like that big Japanese lad that was always after James Bond.
The clipboard also has a waterproof cover although I'm not sure if that's strictly a super power.

AQMP

Quote from: Jinxy on January 27, 2012, 04:19:03 PM
Exactly.

It's not.
Whether by accident or design HE initiated the first contact with the Dromid player.
Clipboard man is clearly Lee Harvey Oswald in this case (I'm trying to keep the Zapruder theme alive).

He obviously should have left the clipboard in the book depository.  Then the subs wouldn't have had to jump the picket fence.  It's clear now the handabg swinger must have been Jackie Kennedy.  It's all set up for a Kevin Costner blockbuster, DTK.

Whishtup

Quote from: Jinxy on January 27, 2012, 04:19:03 PM
Exactly.

It's not.

Now we're getting somewhere-so you believe that Dromid man was correct in his reaction ?
Again-you are mixing up opinion with fact as regards the initiation. 
You can't handle the truth!

AQMP

Ah, Clipboard Man ordered a Code Red!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on January 27, 2012, 04:35:58 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 27, 2012, 03:54:47 PM

He can throw his clipboard very accurately from distance like that big Japanese lad that was always after James Bond.
The clipboard also has a waterproof cover although I'm not sure if that's strictly a super power.

That's outrageous. OddJob was Hawai'an.

Jinxy

Who'd win a fight between Oddjob and Clipboardman?

Hardy

Is Clipboardman allowed to kick as well?