More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Any new points raised or evidence unearthed between pages 6 and 30 of this thread lads ?

Or just new folk coming in all the time re-hashing the same points that got thrashed out in the first 5/6 pages i.e. things got out of hand for a minute, ref stood and watched it all at close quarters so really much ado about nothing, oh yeah, the subs, mentors, etc should not have gotten involved

#giveitarestfolks
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 26, 2012, 08:00:32 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 26, 2012, 07:50:50 PM
I've watched that video about 10 times and I would still see Dromid No4 as the instigator. He throws the first swing at clipboard guy, all be it a backhanded bitch slap. And that's before we get into why the DT boy was on the ground to begin with!

Clipboard man actually aimed a kick/trip at the Dromid number 4 first which the Dromid number 4 responded to by taking a swing at him.

Still don't see the kick. All I can see is a shove (which is bad enough by a none player) but it's 4 who starts the swinging.

Ban the ones who jumped the fence (including any fans, tho I honestly believe these are a bit of a balls but they need to be seen to do it) . Ban the ones who were swinging and job done for the GAA.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

mick999

. And that's before we get into why the DT boy was on the ground to begin with!

From the uploaded video, (in the first second or 2 ) You can see what kicked it all off ..

Number 10 clearly gives the DT player a dig ..

The umpire has his flag up, did he see anything or just signalling a line ball ?

Then it all kicks off !!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 26, 2012, 08:18:15 PM
I've watched that video about 10 times and I would still see Dromid No4 as the instigator. He throws the first swing at clipboard guy, all be it a backhanded bitch slap. And that's before we get into why the DT boy was on the ground to begin with!

Clipboard man actually aimed a kick/trip at the Dromid number 4 first which the Dromid number 4 responded to by taking a swing at him.

Still don't see the kick. All I can see is a shove (which is bad enough by a none player) but it's 4 who starts the swinging.

You can see it at the 0:05 second mark if you pause in the right place. There is a DT physio in front though blocking the view but you can still see clipboard man standing on one foot behind him. His other outstretched leg obscured by the physio but I think it's fairly obvious that he's performing some type of kick/trip on the Dromid number 4.

Either way it's the subs/officials/supporter jumping the hoarding to get involved that is the major problem.

lenny

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 26, 2012, 08:18:15 PM

Ban the ones who jumped the fence (including any fans, tho I honestly believe these are a bit of a balls but they need to be seen to do it) . Ban the ones who were swinging and job done for the GAA.

Totally irrelevant who started it. Its the derrytresk subs/supporters who jumped the fence and caused the disgraceful scenes. The club are responsible for their subs and supporters and therefore should be punished severely. Its time the gaa sent out a message.

AZOffaly

You're a gas man. The Linesman has his flag up because it's a line ball. That's why #4 stops in the first place.

Then #10 comes in and trys to rip the ball off him to take the sideline. #4 goes down and #10 turns around to say to the ref 'FFS I never touched him'.

Then Dromid #4 comes in to get the ball and Mentor 1 trips him up. That's when it kicks off.

AZOffaly

By the way, in that last picture, you can see 4 stewards in the background. I noticed that before and meant to say it. Where were they when the DT guys were recreating the Grand NAtional?

trueblue1234

It looks like no10 does more than trying to rip the ball of the DT lad. Still don't see anything more than a shove by the clipboard guy. Then No 4 starts swinging.

Lenny I don't see who your arguing with? Is there anyone saying that the subs shouldn't be punished. That in itself will "send out the message"

In saying that I'd be pulling Dromid up on throwing allegations around without proof. If that happened in real life you could be up for slander. They've made a bit of a show of themselves in that regards. 

Whishtup

The two Kerry lads commentating on radio Kerry seemed to think that the Dromid player absolutely nailed the Derrytresk player at the time-they were almost bragging about it...

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 08:27:42 PM
You're a gas man. The Linesman has his flag up because it's a line ball. That's why #4 stops in the first place.

Then #10 comes in and trys to rip the ball off him to take the sideline. #4 goes down and #10 turns around to say to the ref 'FFS I never touched him'.

Then Dromid #4 comes in to get the ball and Mentor 1 trips him up. That's when it kicks off.

That's it in a nutshell.
#4 went down for nothing and when he did get an actual clout during the melee it was from his own man falling on top of him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trueblue1234

AZOffaly

It's gas how different people looking at the same thing can see it so differently. Maybe we should go easier on the ccccccccccc in future.

Aaron Boone

The ref dealt with all of this and the game continued.

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2012, 08:30:13 PM
By the way, in that last picture, you can see 4 stewards in the background. I noticed that before and meant to say it. Where were they when the DT guys were recreating the Grand NAtional?

I'm not sure what they could have done to be honest.
The subs reacted awful quick.
It was almost as if they were waiting for the opportunity to arise.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly