Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: sheamy on January 26, 2012, 04:12:46 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 26, 2012, 04:09:43 PM
Quote from: sheamy on January 26, 2012, 04:05:30 PM
The anti GAA BBC even have this now...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/16747663.stm

Well played Crokes ya crowd of stupid b*stards

A lot easier to blame everyone else isn't it?

what's your point?

My point is they have brought the issue of fan segregation, something of which we in the GAA are very very proud of never having to have and never will have, into the media. Totally ill judged and something they themselves are now furiously back tracking on. I'm afraid in the media age we live in, it's too late...

Media outlets love this kinda thing and the likes of the BBC especially thrive on it at every opportunity. They haven't tried to communicate the 'clarification' issued by Crokes, now have they? Dr Crokes have done the GAA a massive disservice in this case and should be ashamed of themselves.
+1.  Dr crokes have alot to answer for here.  Total disgrace

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on January 26, 2012, 04:27:37 PM
it's not surprising when people start to question the crowd control and stewarding arrangements.
You can't just blame the people who question it in the media, you start with the people who caused the problem.

Yeah but these people are seemingly everywhere
http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/mayo-board-to-investigate-referee-row-296891.html
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AZOffaly

Tubberman

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 26, 2012, 05:14:48 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 26, 2012, 04:27:37 PM
it's not surprising when people start to question the crowd control and stewarding arrangements.
You can't just blame the people who question it in the media, you start with the people who caused the problem.

Yeah but these people are seemingly everywhere
http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/mayo-board-to-investigate-referee-row-296891.html

FFS it's not a personal swipe at everyone in Ulster you clown.
It's about facing up and admitting wrong-doing and not always trying to point the finger elsewhere.
And you give out to MW, EvilGenius etc about 'whataboutery'  ::)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

blanketattack

I didn't think the GAA board needed another Dromid-Derrytresk thread but boy was I wrong.  ::)

Jinxy

We need to get rid of all these lads with clipboards, stopwatches and calculators off the sideline.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

2003 saw Ó Sé's tenure as manager dogged by controversy. In January of that year he gave a controversial interview to the Irish Independent in which he described the Kerry supporters as 'the roughest type of f**king animals you could ever deal with.'[17] Ó Sé was forced to issue an embarrassing apology, however, he still guided his team to a seventh Munster title in eight years. Kerry, however, were later trounced by eventual champions Tyrone in the All-Ireland semi-final. Ó Sé later described the result as a "disastrous defeat". Ó Sé was subsequently fired as manager
wikipedia

Jinxy

If you pause the video of the row at 6 seconds in there are 5 members of Derrytresks backroom team (6 including the physio) on the sideline before it all kicks off.
Who are all these lads?
There is a single member of Dromids backroom team.
The reason the subs jumped in is because the guy with the clipboard became involved.
He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on January 26, 2012, 06:19:08 PM
If you pause the video of the row at 6 seconds in there are 5 members of Derrytresks backroom team (6 including the physio) on the sideline before it all kicks off.
Who are all these lads?
There is a single member of Dromids backroom team.
The reason the subs jumped in is because the guy with the clipboard became involved.
He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I agree - but the incident happened right infront of the Derrytresk dugout, had it happened s little further down the pitch I'm sure Dromid had as many "officials" on the sideline. But I agree that there is far too many people there for such a high profile game.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Did the Derrytresk supporter with the green hoodie do anything when he jumped on the pitch or did he just run around throwing shapes?
Clown.

trueblue1234

I've watched that video about 10 times and I would still see Dromid No4 as the instigator. He throws the first swing at clipboard guy, all be it a backhanded bitch slap. And that's before we get into why the DT boy was on the ground to begin with!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 26, 2012, 07:50:50 PM
I've watched that video about 10 times and I would still see Dromid No4 as the instigator. He throws the first swing at clipboard guy, all be it a backhanded bitch slap. And that's before we get into why the DT boy was on the ground to begin with!

Clipboard man actually aimed a kick/trip at the Dromid number 4 first which the Dromid number 4 responded to by taking a swing at him.

lenny

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 26, 2012, 07:50:50 PM

It doesnt matter who started it. That should have been left to the ref to deal with. In almost every match there is an incident where somebody swings an arm round at somebody and the ref deals with it. The problem is the 10 or 15 subs/supporters who get over the fence to get involved. That cannot be allowed to happen and the gaa should come down very harshly to make sure it doesnt happen again.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Jinxy on January 26, 2012, 05:27:26 PM
We need to get rid of all these lads with clipboards, stopwatches and calculators off the sideline.

Absolutely

Harsh words from Darragh OSe after last years all ireland as he "felt dublin were there to be bullied on the day"   :-X

I blame the kerry lads  ;)