More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: Jinxy on January 25, 2012, 12:51:23 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 25, 2012, 12:42:13 PM
If anybody watched the Munster match on Saturday there was an incident similar to this in that it involved a number of players. the only difference here was the incursion on to the pitch of subs and the involvement of fans and mentors. To be honest it adds to the excitement if there is a bit of a handbag fight at a match. However there appears to be developing a propensity for subs and fans to get involved. It is this that I would like to see being dealt with by the CCC. At the Munster match no fans got involved, no mentors and no subs, the ref let the palyers sort it out. What concerns me here as well is the rush to blame this on the Nordies. As I reminded people earlier it wasn't Nordies that attacked Martin Sludden. If the GAA can't get a grip on subs and fans then we will see repeats of the Ray Mathews incident were Referees are then targeted, so big bans required here and in other games too.

Louth people are de facto nordies.

Any word of your 'countless eyewitness reports'?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 25, 2012, 12:42:13 PM
If anybody watched the Munster match on Saturday there was an incident similar to this in that it involved a number of players. the only difference here was the incursion on to the pitch of subs and the involvement of fans and mentors. To be honest it adds to the excitement if there is a bit of a handbag fight at a match. However there appears to be developing a propensity for subs and fans to get involved. It is this that I would like to see being dealt with by the CCC. At the Munster match no fans got involved, no mentors and no subs, the ref let the palyers sort it out. What concerns me here as well is the rush to blame this on the Nordies. As I reminded people earlier it wasn't Nordies that attacked Martin Sludden. If the GAA can't get a grip on subs and fans then we will see repeats of the Ray Mathews incident were Referees are then targeted, so big bans required here and in other games too.

One cannot compare rugby with GAA, and Im sick of the lazy analogy, not from ure goodeself but the media, radio and a couple of pals, rugby players are baboons on massive money....................usually when they step out of line, wages etc are docked hence the proper adherence to the small referees

agorm

I would generally have a problem with losers in games whnging about the result and not letting go. However, I dont think this is the case with the Dromid people. Most have given details of events that occurred and the question would be whether they are telling lies or exaggerrating what happened. Some of the incidents have no place in our games and we should be looking to Christy Cooney & co to deal with this vey strongly.

Some are implying that the Dromid people should keep quiet & accept the result. In my opinion the issues are serious enough to justify their highlighting of them. They should also identify the players that assaulted their opponents before the game by grabbing them down below.

ONeill

Quote from: agorm on January 25, 2012, 01:07:44 PM
They should also identify the players that assaulted their opponents before the game by grabbing them down below.

This is the most laughable accusation. Derrytresk could highlight similar tactics but won't. I'd heard of deballing happening to a Hill player the day before Dromid came out with this. One of the Dromid sendings off was a second yellow for this same offence. Yet, Derrytresk will not bother to get involved in any kind of a media war highlighting this. Just because one side runs to the press to complain about testicle pulling....jaysus such a load of balls.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

The one I was raising my eyebrows about was the 'earpiece' one. If supporters had earpieces, they were probably listening to the match on the radio :)

clarshack

Main Street

They should also identify the players that assaulted their opponents before the game by grabbing them down below.
grabbing them down below?
you mean grabbing them by the testicles?

Tyrone tried that lark with Dick Clerkin but the red hand wasn't big enough.

AZOffaly

Quote from: clarshack on January 25, 2012, 01:22:53 PM
i blame vinnie for it all...

In fairness if someone did that to me I'd punch them in the gob. But maybe that's the point of it?

squire_in_navy_slacks

The verbals and the testicular grabbing in our games are turning me off it altogether, sure us Dubs are no angels with our ex gombeen manager who tried to instill this nonsense behaviour..........................verbals, shaping, thuggery and basic shiteology........................................fair enough there are still a rough edges on our current panel and in the club scene in general, but Im resting the blame here firmly on management and at the GAAs door....................

Enough dosh there now to kick start an anti bullying campaign within the games....................... players mental health should be at the fore front of development along with the skills of the game etc

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Main Street on January 25, 2012, 01:22:59 PM
grabbing them down below?
you mean grabbing them by the testicles?

Tyrone tried that lark with Dick Clerkin but the red hand wasn't big enough.

Dick Clerking put that pic up on twitter ????????????????

Keane

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2012, 01:19:31 PM

This is the most laughable accusation. Derrytresk could highlight similar tactics but won't. I'd heard of deballing happening to a Hill player the day before Dromid came out with this. One of the Dromid sendings off was a second yellow for this same offence. Yet, Derrytresk will not bother to get involved in any kind of a media war highlighting this. Just because one side runs to the press to complain about testicle pulling....jaysus such a load of balls.

Suggesting that testicle grabbing should be ignored is a really, really dreadful reflection on you as a person. I assume I'm reading your post wrong but that seems to be your position?

jeepers

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2012, 01:19:31 PM

That never happened and im sure the video of the game will confirm this, he got the second yellow for knocking the football out of a players hand which didnt even warrant a second thought nevermind a yellow, in fairness to the Derrytresk player involved he got up to play on and didnt even look for the free. Nobody could believe when the ref came out with the red card.

ONeill

Quote from: Keane on January 25, 2012, 01:35:38 PM

Suggesting that testicle grabbing should be ignored is a really, really dreadful reflection on you as a person. I assume I'm reading your post wrong but that seems to be your position?

Yes I really, really am a dreadful person. I think that in future if the ref, linesmen, umpires and TV don't pick up, or act, on a bit of skulduggery which may have occured between two players (be it ball tugging, neck nipping, back scratching, ear bending, name calling, eating garlic, wearing earpieces ...) there should a day set aside for complaining to the media as that's fairly important, even if it happened or not.

My dreadfulness will follow me to my grave.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Applesisapples

Dromid would have been safer leaving complaints to the GAA and the Ref's report. The hullaballoo they have created will only draw more attention to the whole incident and perhaps the wider match. Dromid might lose out as much as Derrytresk. If not now then some where down the line they could be the ones in the dock...careful what you wish for.

SuperHo

"I would have thought the dearth of rebuttals in the mass media from journalists of any kind was more an indictment of the Derrytresk position than something to be hidden behind as some sort of reverso defence.

I think we can assume there were as many journalists at the game from Tyrone as there was from Kerry, it's quite telling that none of them are launching spirited defences of the wrongly beset Derrytresk position."

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/archives/12333

not sure if the link will work