O'Byrne Cup & Bihatimber 2012

Started by thejuice, November 16, 2011, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 07:45:11 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 17, 2012, 07:42:02 PM
As  a matter of interest why is he surplus to requirements in Cavan? Is he not their best forward. Just curious thats all. Watched him a lot playing for DCU.

Excellent forward imo.

I'm told that the U21's brought a fresh positive mentality into the dressing room in Cavan this year and one or two previous incumbents wouldn't have had the same attitude.

I didnt think he was one of the ones with a bad attitude. But maybe I'm wrong on that. I think Val has this one wrong if johnstone's attitude was always good. I dont see the point in getting rid of your best player unless its necessary. 27 is now too old? jesus I'd love to be 37 again ;D

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 07:41:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2012, 07:39:24 PM
He'll probably give us the line that a respectable performance against Kildare in the O'Byrne Cup would be a decent return for the year. Anything else will be a bonus for the poor divils.

This Sunday is going to be very tough. Kildare fans believe they're every bit as good as Dublin and will be going all out against a very weak team to lay down a marker. We're going to go from a hiding and an early season boost for Kildare to a whipping against Kerry minus most of our team.

The media will get on our back at this point and it's going to be tough from there on out.

Will travel to it. Be amazed if we could pull this off. Tight pitch as well. will suit kildare. with maybe 4 of last year's 15- big ask.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: INDIANA on January 17, 2012, 10:25:46 PM
He'll probably give us the line that a respectable performance against Kildare in the O'Byrne Cup would be a decent return for the year. Anything else will be a bonus for the poor divils.

This Sunday is going to be very tough. Kildare fans believe they're every bit as good as Dublin and will be going all out against a very weak team to lay down a marker. We're going to go from a hiding and an early season boost for Kildare to a whipping against Kerry minus most of our team.

The media will get on our back at this point and it's going to be tough from there on out.

Will travel to it. Be amazed if we could pull this off. Tight pitch as well. will suit kildare. with maybe 4 of last year's 15- big ask.

Can't see Dublin bringing a big a crowd as Offaly did last Sunday...

#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 11:15:51 AM
Having said that though, I'd genuinely like to see Kildare win the AI - I don't think Dublin will get beyond qtrs/semi this year and if you can get 30 mins from Earley you have a real chance.
While some here may think's Heffo is playing the poor mouth i believe he's giving a honest opinion. For 16 years Dublin finally reached the promised land last September now Gilroy has a job on his hands to lift them again as the same passion,desire won't be there & extra pressure of expecting to win.

Kildare have been there or thereabouts the last few years, like Dublin they have a good manager in place & with a bit of luck unlike other years they may deliver Sam.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 17, 2012, 10:40:28 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 17, 2012, 10:25:46 PM

Can't see Dublin bringing a big a crowd as Offaly did last Sunday...

That lad goes to EVERYTHING, even if Offaly are not playing. Always wears the jersey. You'll regularly see him on the Sunday Game throughout the year in venues like Omagh, Killarney, Croker, The Hyde etc etc. If there's any game in O'Connor Park, he'll be down behind the far goals.  He thumbs everywhere as well. A great aul' character.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2012, 01:56:03 AM
Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 11:15:51 AM
Having said that though, I'd genuinely like to see Kildare win the AI - I don't think Dublin will get beyond qtrs/semi this year and if you can get 30 mins from Earley you have a real chance.
While some here may think's Heffo is playing the poor mouth i believe he's giving a honest opinion. For 16 years Dublin finally reached the promised land last September now Gilroy has a job on his hands to lift them again as the same passion,desire won't be there & extra pressure of expecting to win.

Kildare have been there or thereabouts the last few years, like Dublin they have a good manager in place & with a bit of luck unlike other years they may deliver Sam.

Gilroy is streets ahead of mcgeeney in the managerial stakes, absolute streets................................mc geeney reminds me or mr roy keane, great player but brutal manager

If there isone team people should be getting excited about next year, it should be cork, not dublin and certainly not kildare

Canalman

Imvho McGeeney has done a very good job with Kildare. However and this is no slight on his abilities I think that this Kildare team is crying out for a "new voice"........... someone to tweak McGeeney's good work in another slight direction.

Easier said than done I know but they also need a marqué forward like  a Forde, Dolan, Browne etc. Their forwards are once again imho too alike in their style of play.

Have said it before I have been very impressed with the way Kildare have handled their misfortunes of the last few years and I for many years was never their major fan.

heffo

Correspondence from Croke park turning down original transfer request came back as 'not known at this address' from the address Sean Johnson provided in Straffan.

Hardy

Shamrock Shore

QuoteCorrespondence from Croke park turning down original transfer request came back as 'not known at this address' from the address Sean Johnson provided in Straffan.

Brilliant!

Declan

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Onlooker

Quote from: heffo on January 18, 2012, 10:55:37 AM
Correspondence from Croke park turning down original transfer request came back as 'not known at this address' from the address Sean Johnson provided in Straffan.
That is brilliant Heffo, even if you are making it up.  Post of the year so far. ;D ;D ;D

heffo

Quote from: Onlooker on January 18, 2012, 12:31:38 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 18, 2012, 10:55:37 AM
That is brilliant Heffo, even if you are making it up.  Post of the year so far. ;D ;D ;D

Not making it up, am sure it'll be in the papers at some stage. They're probably keeping their powder dry until the DRA application goes in tomorrow.