O'Byrne Cup & Bihatimber 2012

Started by thejuice, November 16, 2011, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

During the summer he'd not be travelling at all if he really lived in Straffan.

Jinxy

If this goes through it'll set a very dangerous precedent.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Onlooker

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2012, 04:57:58 PM
He would have to travel to play or train with Cavan Gaels "if he really lived in Straffan"" :) :) :)

Jinxy

I'd love to know the content of the 10 second conversation he had with Val Andrews.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Onlooker on January 17, 2012, 05:40:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2012, 04:57:58 PM
He would have to travel to play or train with Cavan Gaels "if he really lived in Straffan"" :) :) :)

You wouldn't see much of your county players during the summer anyway at club level. But I seriously doubt if Johnston 'lives' in Straffan. He might have been promised digs there alright, but I doubt he's commuting every morning and evening to school and to play with Cavan Gaels.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 11:15:51 AM
Having said that though, I'd genuinely like to see Kildare win the AI - I don't think Dublin will get beyond qtrs/semi this year and if you can get 30 mins from Earley you have a real chance.

Thats rubbish.....................Dublin have a very live chance of recapturing Sam this year

Kildares over reliance of Earley smacks of us Dubs and how we had this amorous thrusting love towards C Whelan, it bore no fruit and neither will kildares thinking Earley is this great sacred cow.....................

Jinxy

Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 11:15:51 AM
Having said that though, I'd genuinely like to see Kildare win the AI - I don't think Dublin will get beyond qtrs/semi this year and if you can get 30 mins from Earley you have a real chance.

Get up the yard Heffo you spoofer!

Declan

QuoteI don't think Dublin will get beyond qtrs/semi this year

Good man heffo - Starting early!!

AZOffaly

He'll probably give us the line that a respectable performance against Kildare in the O'Byrne Cup would be a decent return for the year. Anything else will be a bonus for the poor divils.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2012, 07:39:24 PM
He'll probably give us the line that a respectable performance against Kildare in the O'Byrne Cup would be a decent return for the year. Anything else will be a bonus for the poor divils.

This Sunday is going to be very tough. Kildare fans believe they're every bit as good as Dublin and will be going all out against a very weak team to lay down a marker. We're going to go from a hiding and an early season boost for Kildare to a whipping against Kerry minus most of our team.

The media will get on our back at this point and it's going to be tough from there on out.

INDIANA

As  a matter of interest why is he surplus to requirements in Cavan? Is he not their best forward. Just curious thats all. Watched him a lot playing for DCU.

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on January 17, 2012, 07:42:02 PM
As  a matter of interest why is he surplus to requirements in Cavan? Is he not their best forward. Just curious thats all. Watched him a lot playing for DCU.

Was wondering that myself. And sure isn't Offaly closer to Cavan anyway.

heffo

Excellent forward imo.

I'm told that the U21's brought a fresh positive mentality into the dressing room in Cavan this year and one or two previous incumbents wouldn't have had the same attitude.

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2012, 07:43:52 PM

Was wondering that myself. And sure isn't Offaly closer to Cavan anyway.

He's not seeking asylum!
At least I don't think he is.

Jinxy

Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 07:41:33 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2012, 07:39:24 PM

This Sunday is going to be very tough. Kildare fans believe they're every bit as good as Dublin and will be going all out against a very weak team to lay down a marker. We're going to go from a hiding and an early season boost for Kildare to a whipping against Kerry minus most of our team.

The media will get on our back at this point and it's going to be tough from there on out.

It's probably best if you lose to the flourbags.
Another hiding off us would do your confidence no good.

p.s. I'm aware we still have to beat UCD/DCU/CDU or whatever shower of drunken students we're playing in the semi-final.