O'Byrne Cup & Bihatimber 2012

Started by thejuice, November 16, 2011, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Tis on tg4........................... I expect a guard of honour from geezer and his troops.............................

No cluxton, no brogan brothers, no barry cahill, no kevin nolan, surely you kildare boys are licking ure lips

heffo

Seanie moved to Straffan just inside the Kildare border because of the bright lights.

McGeeney would want to consult a solicitor so, as numerous media outlets have reported in black and white that McGeeney and Johnson met in early November to discuss him moving to Kildare, he suddenly gets an address in Straffan, applies for an IC transfer, DH claims there is 'absolutely no truth in the Johnson rumours'.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 10:42:33 AM
Seanie moved to Straffan just inside the Kildare border because of the bright lights.

McGeeney would want to consult a solicitor so, as numerous media outlets have reported in black and white that McGeeney and Johnson met in early November to discuss him moving to Kildare, he suddenly gets an address in Straffan, applies for an IC transfer, DH claims there is 'absolutely no truth in the Johnson rumours'.

It is of absolutely no consequence to me whether you believe me or not.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

heffo

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 17, 2012, 10:52:25 AM

Of course I don't believe you - I didn't then and I don't know.

I'm simply trying to clear up your vociferous denial about there being 'absolutely no truth' in it.

I'd like to think I have done.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 10:56:06 AM

I'm simply trying to clear up your vociferous denial about there being 'absolutely no truth' in it.

Fair enough. I was only passing on what I have heard from two of the panel.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

heffo

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 17, 2012, 10:57:42 AM
Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 10:56:06 AM

Fair enough. I was only passing on what I have heard from two of the panel.

You weren't though. You claimed there was 'absolutely no truth' in it.

Passing on what you heard from panelists is an entirely different matter.

heffo

Having said that though, I'd genuinely like to see Kildare win the AI - I don't think Dublin will get beyond qtrs/semi this year and if you can get 30 mins from Earley you have a real chance.

Hound

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 17, 2012, 10:33:49 AM
I talked to two members of the Kildare panel and according to them no approach was made from Kildare to Johnston whatsoever. If the lad is living in Straffan and wants to declare for a Kildare club then fair enough but I don't believe that any approach was made by the Kildare management or the county board or on their behalf.
Johnston has absolutely no interest in playing for a Kildare club. He wants to stay with Cavan Gaels and play with Kildare, hence his case with the DRA to try and get around the existing rules.
If that does not succeed then he would have to transfer to a Kildare club to avail of the "incentive" of playing with Kildare.

I wouldnt have thought any of the existing Kildare players would be privy to any negotiations between Kildare and Johnston. So no surprise that they'd no nothing about it or the offer to Supple.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Declan on January 17, 2012, 09:33:31 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cavan-star-johnston-poised-to-take-dra-route-in-bid-to-join-mcgeeneys-kildare-2990257.html

"He works as a teacher in Breffni College in Cavan town."

So he's gonna commute from Straffan up to Cavan every day? I hope the DRA throw this one out quick smart.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Hound on January 17, 2012, 08:50:21 AM
Quote from: heffo on January 17, 2012, 08:13:29 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 16, 2012, 04:46:30 PM
Jaysus heffo, you're gone very defensive since the Dubs won the All Ireland. I hope you're not going to be as tense all year!

I do think there's a grain of truth in what he is saying though, at least there was historically. It's not necessarily a bad thing at all by the way. Dublin goalies were always much more vocal in organising their defenses, etc. In my youth I always put it down to them playing soccer at a more organised level than us, as that is an important part of being a soccer goalie.

That said, I don't think there's any difference these days, most goalies love to shout and roar now, and Cluxton is nearly an exception if he doesn;t :)

Just rattled over the combination of having to travel to that kip on Sunday and gobsh*tes like that clown posting raimis.
It'd have ya scratching yer head alright when a Meath keeper being loud in a game is put forward as evidence that Dublin keepers are the loudest! And worse were that others agreed with him. Imagine the pure sheeite they'd come up with if there ever had been a Dublin keeper who was a headbanger like Davy Fitz or Cake Curran???

The DIT Keeper is a Cavan man lads. And as for this Johnston farce. Don't get me started. Can feel a rant of the day brewing deep down!

Jinxy

He's already been given the use of a sponsored horse.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

I would not like to see Seanie Johnson on the Kildare panel. No doubting his quality but he'd have to be moving to Kildare for reasons outside football, the cynic in me doubts that.

Badly played Mr McGeeney, badly played.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

I wouldn't have thought Johnston and McGeeney would be natural bedfellows anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 17, 2012, 11:44:02 AM
Quote from: Declan on January 17, 2012, 09:33:31 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cavan-star-johnston-poised-to-take-dra-route-in-bid-to-join-mcgeeneys-kildare-2990257.html

"He works as a teacher in Breffni College in Cavan town."

So he's gonna commute from Straffan up to Cavan every day? I hope the DRA throw this one out quick smart.

Exactly. I read that this morning and I pulled a muscle in my forehead, my eyebrows raised so much. Even the way he says it 'I am a resident of Kildare now', not 'I live in Kildare now'. Looks very much like smoke and mirrors.

Onlooker

According to AA Roadwatch it is 80 miles from Straffan to Cavan,  That is a big journey to be making 5 days a week during the school year.    But if he was still living in Cavan, he would have to drive to Kildare 3 or 4 times a week anyway.   Some amount of travelling either way.  Would he not be too tired to train or play football at the level required these days by county teams.  Add on the fact that he wants to keep playing with Cavan Gaels.  I can't see it working out unless he gets a job much nearer to Kildare.