Ulster Senior Football Final 17th July - Derry v Donegal

Started by tbrick18, June 26, 2011, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donegal lad

As a donegal fan i was really looking forward to eoins battle with neil mcgee in the final but won't happen now will look forward to see what changes this will make to the derry starting 15 but it is major loss for them

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ck

Does it really matter that Bradley is out? Sure there would have been 13 Donegal players standing in front of him anyway and he probably wouldnt have got a sniff. Steven O'Neill hardly touched it V Donegal.

sheamy

Quote from: ck on July 11, 2011, 08:08:50 AM
Does it really matter that Bradley is out? Sure there would have been 13 Donegal players standing in front of him anyway and he probably wouldnt have got a sniff. Steven O'Neill hardly touched it V Donegal.
I agree with you. Whilst it is a major blow, it might sound stupid but it doesn't change this game a massive amount. Means Derry are missing his talents should the game ever open out, or for a quick counter attack but it's not the winning or losing of it imo.

Still, with that loss of firepower, Donegal raging hot favourites now. Even the bookies moved their odds!

ck

Quote from: sheamy on July 11, 2011, 09:11:53 AM
Quote from: ck on July 11, 2011, 08:08:50 AM
I agree with you. It doesn't change this game alot. Means Derry are missing his talents should the game ever open out and for a quick counter attack but it's not the winning or losing of it imo. A major blow all the same. Donegal raging hot favourites now. Even the bookies moved their odds!

Yeah bookies moved their odds early this morning from 5/4 to less than even money. Donegal now raging hot favs

EC Unique

A bit of Karma at work here. He should not have been near a pitch this year anyway.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can't understand how anyone thinks that this isn't a huge blow for Derry!!
I dislike both Bradleys immensely, but cannot take away the fact that they are great players.
This news is a massive boost for Donegal.
Tbc....

imtommygunn

sheamy

Quote from: EC Unique on July 11, 2011, 09:51:18 AM
A bit of Karma at work here. He should not have been near a pitch this year anyway.

A fairly disgusting comment about an amateur player who is a massive loss to his club and county. Consider also the fact the lad may be on crutches for a long while and have to undergo an operation with upheaveal in personal and employment front and you resort to calling it karma. Eoin served 6 months suspension for his part in the incident I assume you are referring to and openly apologised accepting his actions were completely wrong. Shame on you.

EC Unique

Quote from: sheamy on July 11, 2011, 10:36:25 AM

A fairly disgusting comment about an amateur player who is a massive loss to his club and county. Consider also the fact the lad may be on crutches for a long while and have to undergo an operation with upheaveal in personal and employment front and you resort to calling it karma. Eoin served 6 months suspension for his part in the incident I assume you are referring to and openly apologised accepting his actions were completely wrong. Shame on you.

No. Shame on the authorities for not giving him at least a 12 month suspension. In his 6 month suspension what games of any meaning did he miss? I stand by what I said. He should not have been on a pitch.

FERDIE

Rich coming from Errigal Ciaran when you consider what has occurred at some of their games throughout their short history not to mention the recent shame in your county.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: EC Unique on July 11, 2011, 10:47:05 AM

No. Shame on the authorities for not giving him at least a 12 month suspension. In his 6 month suspension what games of any meaning did he miss? I stand by what I said. He should not have been on a pitch.

I wonder if there was ever an Errigal Ciaran man who got a light suspension and then went on to miss important games through injury that season? I wonder would you feel that was the wheel of karma as well.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

tbrick18

Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 11, 2011, 11:15:58 AM

I wonder if there was ever an Errigal Ciaran man who got a light suspension and then went on to miss important games through injury that season? I wonder would you feel that was the wheel of karma as well.

Lads I wouldnt even bother replying to EC's comments. It's not worth the time.
We've an Ulster final to think about....lets not let some muppet ruin the occassion for us.

Derry would have been better equipped with Eoin, and indeed Paddy, but that's the game. We have to play without him and disappointing as it is for him and the rest of us we have to get on with it and still go out to win the game.
Difficult to know who will be brought in to replace Skinner...Lynch into the FF line is an option alright but I still prefer him on the half forward line. I think I'd throw on either O'Boyle or McGuckian as a direct replacement for him and play to the same plan that was being devised before Skinner's injury.

LeoMc

So because you have an issue with the authorities you delight in the serious injury of an amateur player?

Do you want to see Conor Gormley or Aidan Cassidy break their leg if the tyrone County board don't handle the Tyrone ladies final to your liking?