Ulster Senior Football Final 17th July - Derry v Donegal

Started by tbrick18, June 26, 2011, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Trained for both men at club level:

JB - Ignorant, single minded, gulpin all spring to mind but a fantastic record. Favourite saying 'Move man Move!'

JM - Methodical, Civil, knows exactly what he wants from every individual. Favourite saying 'You have to do it at a hundred mile an hour'

Hope Jim McGuinness wins the battle but I have a feeling John Brennans Derry are going to win!

tbrick18

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 08, 2011, 01:29:28 PM
Trained for both men at club level:

JB - Ignorant, single minded, gulpin all spring to mind but a fantastic record. Favourite saying 'Move man Move!'

JM - Methodical, Civil, knows exactly what he wants from every individual. Favourite saying 'You have to do it at a hundred mile an hour'

Hope Jim McGuinness wins the battle but I have a feeling John Brennans Derry are going to win!

Well a Tyrone man should know an Ignorant gulpin when he sees one alright  ;D ;)

Iolann Fionn

Many men have been fairly critical of our style of play. I have heard many a Tyrone man say that they hope Derry won agin us even though they hate Derry, just because they despise our style of play. Anois, m'anam, you listen to me:

Deir siad go bhfuil an fhírinne searbh, ach, creid mise, ní searbh atá sí ach garbh, agus sin an fáth a seachantar í.
Is mise Joe Fheidhlimidh Dhomhnaill Phroinsís Dhomhnaill Phádruig Mhóir Mac Grianna

DoireGael

Derry by 4. My reasoning, years of wishful thinking. Getting beat by DL in the league could work to are advantage.

Sure Brennan has a Laptop, were flying!

Croí na hÉireann

Donegal will win this I feel, while Derry are playing lovely off the cuff football Donegal will snuff them out and frustrate the life out of them. Need Murphy to have a big game though as he hasn't really featured so far, it won't be pretty.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ross4life

Quote from: hardstation on July 09, 2011, 01:37:37 AM
Murphy can hardly feature as a forward when he plays half the game in half back. A rotten game played by Donegal but an effective one. Skinner to get the line. He'll dig someone out of frustration. I feel sorry for him, every time he gets the ball, there'll be more fcukers around him than there would be midgies in an away match to Ballinderry.

Stick this up yis, Iolann Fionn et al...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANSxCR_uMhg&feature=related
Maybe but he set up the winning goal vTyrone & if he does the same in the Ulster final his name will go down in history like the Boyles,McHughs & Bonner before him.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Iolann Fionn

Fán bomaite, hardstation, they are comrades of mine. I was in Newbridge* at the time of that hidious massacre (*that's the Curragh to you who will not understand). Don't dare use the names of my friends against me.
You have a lot to learn.

Fán a mhic, tá tú ró og.
Is mise Joe Fheidhlimidh Dhomhnaill Phroinsís Dhomhnaill Phádruig Mhóir Mac Grianna

jodyb

Quote from: Iolann Fionn on July 09, 2011, 01:49:21 AM
Fán bomaite, hardstation, they are comrades of mine. I was in Newbridge* at the time of that hidious massacre (*that's the Curragh to you who will not understand). Don't dare use the names of my friends against me.
You have a lot to learn.

Fán a mhic, tá tú ró og.
The Drumbo massacre was during the civil war. What age are you?

DoireGael

donegal lad

Quote from: DoireGael on July 10, 2011, 05:04:59 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/14051045.stm

Disgusted.

Skinner is out.
That's a serious blow to derry for the final  just another example of derrys bad luck with injuries last few years who will replace him in the forward line do you think

Over The Last

Very disappointing news to hear about Eoin. Be a major loss to Derry. What a shame it has been this year to lose the two Bradley's for the upcoming ulster final. Hope it does not deflate the panel too much but I'm sure Brennan will use this as an extra motivation for them to get him his ulster medal. His talent deserves this, albeit if sometimes he may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Will curiously await the full diagnosis.
And as mentioned, he was all the talk leading up to the game and donegal will certainly has devised something to specifically counter him. It's time for the other derry players to step up. There is a bit of competition, the likes of Emmett Mcguckin, Declan Mullan, Ciaran McGoldrick, Marty Donaghy, Caolan O'Boyle
Bateson and sean leo are versatile so all hope is not lost.
James Kielt will probably be on free's duty from the right

Bitter pill to swallow from a derry prospective but all men reeling in can still get over the line.

Atticus_Finch

If the league is anything to go by I'd say it will be Ciaran McGoldrick. Full forward line for the majority of the league was Deets, Paddy and Ciaran.

The qualifiers draw makes the win next Sunday even more vital for both teams. You would imagine Kildare will prevail against Meath and the loser of next Sunday's game couldn't have been handed a tougher draw. To pick themselves after a provincial loss is hard enough as it is without the prospect of having to face Kildare less than a week later.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

DoireGael

Quote from: donegal lad on July 10, 2011, 07:35:47 PM

Disgusted.

Skinner is out.
That's a serious blow to derry for the final  just another example of derrys bad luck with injuries last few years who will replace him in the forward line do you think

With Brennan it would be hard to know who he'l be replaced by. I would presume both Kielt and Bateson will now start rather than choosing between them, with M.Lynch been put into the full forward line with Gilligan, but tbh I'm not sure?
Heard the news picking up my tickets earlier, the curse of Derry football continues..........................1993 and counting

Hopefully 5 minutes before throw in on Sunday I hear 'number 30 Fergal Doherty will replace number 14  gan ainm'

tbrick18

Quote from: DoireGael on July 10, 2011, 07:55:59 PM

Disgusted.

Skinner is out.

With Brennan it would be hard to know who he'l be replaced by. I would presume both Kielt and Bateson will now start rather than choosing between them, with M.Lynch been put into the full forward line with Gilligan, but tbh I'm not sure?
Heard the news picking up my tickets earlier, the curse of Derry football continues..........................1993 and counting

Hopefully 5 minutes before throw in on Sunday I hear 'number 30 Fergal Doherty will replace number 14  gan ainm'

Well Fergal Doc wasnt at training today, so I'd be doubtful if he'll be there on Sunday.

DoireGael

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 10, 2011, 08:08:02 PM
Quote from: DoireGael on July 10, 2011, 07:55:59 PM

Disgusted.

Skinner is out.

Well Fergal Doc wasnt at training today, so I'd be doubtful if he'll be there on Sunday.

A bit of wishful thinking there.

In Brennan we trust!