Qualifiers

Started by snoopdog, May 30, 2011, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2011, 05:17:44 PM
Quote from: ross4life on June 27, 2011, 05:14:42 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on June 27, 2011, 04:29:50 PM
Quote from: ross4life on June 26, 2011, 06:57:08 PM
Feel sorry for Leitrim worst possible draw teams like them should be allowed a home game. London will fancy a 2nd championship win.

I understand your sentiment that weaker teams should be given the best possible chance. But you are forgetting the fans that travel to the match. It cost me almost 100 Euro in petrol alone to go to that match in Clare. Surely its not fair that some fans would be required to shell out that money every time just because their team is doing well? I was dreading another away draw and not because I would worry so much about advantage, simply because of the costs starting to really mount up.

Point taken. i was only thinking of it from a Leitrim point of view.

Are you from Leitrim?
No.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on June 27, 2011, 06:02:11 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2011, 05:17:44 PM
Quote from: ross4life on June 27, 2011, 05:14:42 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on June 27, 2011, 04:29:50 PM
Quote from: ross4life on June 26, 2011, 06:57:08 PM
Feel sorry for Leitrim worst possible draw teams like them should be allowed a home game. London will fancy a 2nd championship win.

I understand your sentiment that weaker teams should be given the best possible chance. But you are forgetting the fans that travel to the match. It cost me almost 100 Euro in petrol alone to go to that match in Clare. Surely its not fair that some fans would be required to shell out that money every time just because their team is doing well? I was dreading another away draw and not because I would worry so much about advantage, simply because of the costs starting to really mount up.

Point taken. i was only thinking of it from a Leitrim point of view.

Are you from Leitrim?
No.

Interesting.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tommysmith

Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2011, 05:50:22 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 27, 2011, 05:18:38 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 27, 2011, 05:10:09 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 27, 2011, 05:02:32 PM
What's the story with so many 7pm throw ins these days? Not fair for the traveling support IMO

Saturday afternoon shopping traffic in a lot of the provincial towns is the reasoning often offered.

Evening throw ins generally generate a better atmosphere in my experience.
Yes they do generate better atomspheres but for some traveling support especially with small children they don't get home until very late at night.

Kids love being let stay up late.

I would hope the parents wouldnt let them out off sight either with the likes of you about.

Aaron Boone

Or play one or two of them on a Sunday.

Blowitupref

Last three years the All Ireland winner has come from round 2.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

saffron sam2

I have to say that the weekend's qualifiers produced probably the best set of results one could hope for.

No longer will Fermanagh, Monaghan, Cavan or Louth be sullying this year's championship. And for that we should be grateful.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

AZOffaly

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2011, 12:48:16 PM
My blog thoughts here, http://shane-sportsramblings.blogspot.com/

I stopped at "nary a mention of economics, recessions"!

Only joking, serious body of work there and obvioulsy a lot of time put into it. It reads as a very good round-up of the weekends action, even if Mayo were a miss, but at least you predicted we would win.

Hopefully we'll be on your 'hit' list soon.
MWWSI 2017

Ard-Rí

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 28, 2011, 08:11:20 AM
I have to say that the weekend's qualifiers produced probably the best set of results one could hope for.

No longer will Fermanagh, Monaghan, Cavan or Louth be sullying this year's championship. And for that we should be grateful.

Who would you like to see knocked out of the next round?
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

saffron sam2

Quote from: Ard-Rí on June 28, 2011, 12:55:02 PM

Who would you like to see knocked out of the next round?

Nobody really. Tyrone at a push, but that's unlikely. Carlow maybe too, but only because they play Antrim.

Ask me again after the provincial finals.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

snoopdog

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 28, 2011, 02:36:18 AM
Last three years the All Ireland winner has come from round 2.

Tyrone were in the qualifiers from Round 1 in 08.

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2011, 12:54:09 PM

Only joking, serious body of work there and obvioulsy a lot of time put into it. It reads as a very good round-up of the weekends action, even if Mayo were a miss, but at least you predicted we would win.

Not really a lot of time. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at the rate of sh1te I can come out with. A lunch time exercise, because I'm a loser :D

Dinny Breen

AZ, I was in for the whole Carlow game, Adrian Flynn for Wexford was superb at half-back, looks a real natural and Carlows defensive problems started with their full-forward line and in particular their 14 who just didn't want to know. Good ball was going in but it was just coming straight back out, their full-back line actually did ok considering the pressure they were under.

Brosnan was very poor on Sunday, didn't impose himself at all and I can see Dublin's half-backs gobbling him up.
#newbridgeornowhere

Ard-Rí

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2011, 01:15:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2011, 12:54:09 PM

Not really a lot of time. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at the rate of sh1te I can come out with. A lunch time exercise, because I'm a loser :D

I enjoyed it. Better than a lot of stuff you'd catch in the Irish Media anyway.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

BallyhaiseMan

Didnt get many bites, did ya Sam?  :P