Cheryl Cole opens her heart on divorce from Ashley

Started by Trout, October 15, 2010, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Cheryl Cole broke down during a television interview as she lifted the lid on her failed marriage and battle with malaria.

The pop star told Piers Morgan that her split from England footballer Ashley Cole had left her heartbroken.

X Factor judge Cole has so far kept a dignified silence regarding her marriage.

But the 27-year-old told Morgan's ITV1 show Life Stories last night that she was at a loss to explain why the relationship had collapsed.

She explained:"Looking back on it, I feel numb. We had a great marriage and a fantastic wedding day but I don't know where it went wrong.

"To this day I still question that."

The marriage ran into trouble following a string of lurid allegations surrounding Chelsea defender Cole.

The couple were officially divorced last month.

Earlier this year the singer was struck down with potentially deadly malaria.

She contracted the mosquito-borne infection during a trip to Tanzania.

Her illness forced her to pull out of some X Factor judging duties.

Cole was reported to have collapsed during a photoshoot for her album on July 3 and was initially diagnosed with exhaustion.

She was taken to hospital the next day after her symptoms, including a soaring fever, worsened.

Her treatment included a spell in intensive care at University College London Hospital, home to the Hospital for Tropical Diseases.

Cole told the show that she felt so ill as a result of the disease that she thought she was going to die.

She said:"It was touch and go for 24 hours. It was serious.

"I actually thought I was going to die.

"All I thought was that if I was going to die, please let it be soon."

The Life Stories show will be aired on October 23.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

nrico2006

I see this just happens to be all coming out now on the back of her popularity going down. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

King Henry

She doesn't know where it all went wrong with her marriage? I'm guessing it had something to do with that gimp husband of hers off riding other slags.What a idiot he is both on and off the pitch.
I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

johnneycool

Quote from: King Henry on October 15, 2010, 03:26:36 PM
She doesn't know where it all went wrong with her marriage? I'm guessing it had something to do with that gimp husband of hers off riding other slags.What a idiot he is both on and off the pitch.

Aye but she moved the ma in law into the marital home, that's just not on.

nrico2006

Quote from: johnneycool on October 15, 2010, 03:35:57 PM

Spot on.  Plus for all Cheryls obvious benefits she seems like she would be a hateful bitch to live with.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 15, 2010, 04:24:51 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 15, 2010, 03:35:57 PM

Spot on.  Plus for all Cheryls obvious benefits she seems like she would be a hateful bitch to live with.

Aren't they all....aren't they all
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Two Hands FFS

She's good looking but I can't stand her. I don't blame Ashley.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

imtommygunn

Anything with Piers Morgan on it will be nowhere near my tv. Smarmy talentless twat.

Hard to know what these people are like in true life so no point in caring too much. She comes across quite well but it's always been obvious form watching football and reading articles that Cole is as big a pratt as there is about. Maybe being with him would suggest she's as bad as him.

Second to Piers Morgan in th turn over stakes is Martin McHugh incidentally...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2010, 09:46:42 PM
Anything with Piers Morgan on it will be nowhere near my tv. Smarmy talentless t**t.

Hard to know what these people are like in true life so no point in caring too much. She comes across quite well but it's always been obvious form watching football and reading articles that Cole is as big a pratt as there is about. Maybe being with him would suggest she's as bad as him.

Second to Piers Morgan in th turn over stakes is Martin McHugh incidentally...
I'd she's a rotten ****.

Bensars

Totally coincidental timing that she has a new single coming out on Monday

Minder

Quote from: Bensars on October 15, 2010, 10:28:58 PM

Her singles always come out during X Factor season, so will JLS, Alexandra Burke and the other ones from the recent past
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on October 15, 2010, 10:31:06 PM

Her singles always come out during X Factor season, so will JLS, Alexandra Burke and the other ones from the recent past

What about Ulster's finest Eoghan Quigg?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 15, 2010, 10:41:05 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 15, 2010, 10:31:06 PM

What about Ulster's finest Eoghan Quigg?

Liverpool have signed him.
MWWSI 2017