Ulster Colleges 2010-2011

Started by duvet dave, August 18, 2010, 09:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redandblack4ever

2-12 to 1--9 Point by Patrick Morgan.
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

redandblack4ever

2-13 to 1-9 J Johnstone point.
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

redandblack4ever

2-14 to 1-9 Caolon Mooney poiint

redandblack4ever

Goal Shane McArdle 3-14 to 1-9. No extra time needed. Last minute. Very good, St. Colman's in Hogan Cup final 2 weeks from today/

dundroma

Quote from: redandblack4ever on March 26, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
Goal Shane McArdle 3-14 to 1-9. No extra time needed. Last minute. Very good, St. Colman's in Hogan Cup final 2 weeks from today/

cheers now come on the college

redandblack4ever

Exactly. They play St. Jarlath's Tuam. Should be a good game.

snoopdog

will that be in croker?
hopefully
come on the college

PAULD123

Redandblack and NP76 thank you very much for the updates. They were very much appreciated. NP76 will you be able to text updates from the final? I will be in Killarney for the county match.

The College can prove they are the best team in Ireland and win back to back titles for the first time ever!!!! Come on the blues!!

NP 76

College game in croke park on 9th of April against St Jarlaths . Thanks Paul i also will be in kerry but will be stopping off in Croker first on way down the road to support the old school  lets hope they make history . Mooney is a serious loss to Down football . The only thing i hope for is that he goes on his own and doesnt take Clarke with him

mountainboii

The College look like they'll be tough to beat, strolled this one in second gear for the most part.

Unfortunately a few very good prospects for Down, but nice to see a couple of Armagh lads playing crucial roles in the middle of the pitch.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on March 26, 2011, 06:15:12 PM
The College look like they'll be tough to beat, strolled this one in second gear for the most part.

Unfortunately a few very good prospects for Down, but nice to see a couple of Armagh lads playing crucial roles in the middle of the pitch.

How'd Pearse Casey do AFS?

Well doen to St Colman's. Unfortunately I couldn't get up as my club were playing at the same time but good victory. Successive Hogans would be a magnificent achievement.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mountainboii

Caught a few balls around the middle. Not as stylish as some of the other big men on the College team, but very strong. Is he a minor this year? College are strong around the middle with Johnston and Gough two quality players as well.

ross4life

Quote from: duvet dave on March 24, 2011, 11:14:10 PM
St Mary's Hopeful of Extending Run
Thu 24th Mar 2011

All-Ireland Colleges' B Football semi-final :

Crossmaglen, 1pm Saturday (EXTRA TIME in the event of a draw) :

St Mary's Belfast v Scoil Mhuire Clane

Two tough games in the latter stages of the BT MacLarnon Cup should stand to St Mary's Belfast as they face into the All-Ireland semi-final in Crossmaglen.

Against St Pius X, national champions 2 years ago, their early dominance was overtaken on the scoreboard entering the last 10 minutes, but Brendan Bradley produced a goal direct from a 45 and they held out for victory.

In the final, they had a 4 points lead at the break, but had to face the strong breeze a player down for the second half.

They managed that brilliantly as well as hitting vital scores on the break to see off St Paul's Bessbrook.

Although the Leinster final was on Saturday, the Glen Road management didn't get to see Scoil Mhuire Clane score a goal in each half through Conor Herbert and Kenneth Swords to take the title 2-8 to 0-9.

Herbert picked off half their total and only a point came from a free.

Donagh Finnegan made the point before the MacLarnon final that they had not seen their opponents in action and this helped them concentrate on getting their own game in order.

The school was on a long weekend, but came in on Monday to train and re-focus and Finnegan and his co-manager Sean McGoldrick are hoping that they bring their best game to Crossmaglen.

"The further you go in a competition, the harder the games become," said Donagh.

"We are now up against teams that have also won provincial titles and they will also believe that those wins bring with them an increase in confidence."

"We have had good opening halves in our knock-out games and that has left us in a good situation to hold on or push on.  We're hoping that this next game follows the same pattern."

Bradley's accuracy from frees during the second half of the MacLarnon final kept the pressure on St Paul's, but the midfield pairing of Eamon Quinn and Marc Jordan was particularly effective throughout, with Daragh McGuinness's ball-carrying and passing a key element.

Man-marker Ciaran Orchin was left standing by Jemar Hall on several occasions during the first half, but he settled to a strong game and saw Hall substituted near the end.  He will probably pick up score-getter Herbert.

The defence in general was compact and was not often stretched, with Eamon Quinn and McGuinness often dropping back as extra cover.

All these pluses must be replicated against Scoil Mhuire, while some of the mistakes evident need to be reduced, particularly forwards allowing their shots to be easily blocked down.

St Mary's have shown an ability to hold out in close encounters.  That brought their hosts, Crossmaglen, to another All-Ireland club title this year.  Perhaps it can be the key to the west Belfast side also reaching the national final.

Submitted by: Seamus McAleenan

I'm hearing Scoil Mhuire Clane won this.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

redandblack4ever

On Apriil 9th I'll be on the computer, hopefully watching the Hogan Final. Last year, if I remember correctly, TG4 broadcasted it and I sure hope they do again this year. TG4 sort of drives me crazy, as I don't understand any Irish, but that doesn't matter when you can watch a game live.

I'm from the South Side of Chicago (Oak Lawn) for anybody that's familiar, and we have a contingent of a few ex-pupils from Violet Hilll and Mr. Wonderful's originally from Hilltown.  There's quite a Hilltown connection to this team so I just want to wish all the boys and the management, especially Cathal Murray, all the best. Cathal didn't get back to back Hogan's when he played for Violet Hill iin the late 80's, so I can imagine how much it would mean to him, to see this generation of Violet Hill boys to bring the Hogan Cup back to Newry.

Go Blue Army!! You can do this!!

Mrs. redandblack4ever

DuffleKing

Does the u18 rule still apply to hogan cup football or are the ulster teams 6 months older?