USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

I'm gutted that Carlin's not playing!  I hope he's injured.  But Mickey knows best I suppose. 

Rois

loughshore lad

Surprising team from Harte but thats par for the course with him.  Carlin could be injured, he has played very well all year as stated by a few posters but the word at the weekend was Tommy gave him the run around in an in house game lately - perhaps that had an impact on Carlin losing out and Tommy coming back in.  Would like to see Tommy at 11 and Sean at 14.

Ricey and Davey back in would lead you to believe they were injured the last day as opposed to dropped.

Fuzzman

I'd say there could be a few mind games on here alright but in fairness to Mickey he doesn't tend to change the team just before throw in unless he has to

I suppose Tommy was next in line to come in when Stevie was out if he has been showing any form at training
I hope Mugsy gets off to a good start as he's very much a confidence player and if he loses the first few balls into him or gets stuck in this role of being pulled and dragged I just hope Mickey doesnt stick with him in the hope that he will come good again with a goal. Saying that I would have had him off ages before he scored that wonder goal v the Dubs in 2005.
Oh yeah that's right he fouled the ball. Forgot lads

It might sound strange but you could see Carlin being saved for the 2nd half to come in fresh to mark wee Tommy Freeman & having that yard on him with only playing half a game. I hope I don't have to eat my words there.

Am not surprised to see Davey back in but a bit surprised to see Ricey though I suppose he has a hell of a lot of experience

With Sean probably alternating between FF and CHF/MF I think we'll keep the Farneymen guessing right up to full time who's playing where.

We need a big game from Colm and do the simple things.
Hub too needs to keep his head and not get booked early as no doubt they'll target his aggression.
Just watch how many times Hub gets into great scoring positions. Bet he gets another goal.

G'nite

Man Marker

Quote from: Puckoon on July 15, 2010, 08:42:23 PM
In MIckey we trust - although that isnt the team I was expecting to see out.

Mickey has shown over the past 12 months that he along with O'Dywer with Kerry, Boylan with Meath that he keeps going back to the tried and trusted, the old guard, and eventually life catches up with us all.

Zapatista

When Harte makes these changes I think it shows the strength in depth rather than the return to the old guard. It will make it all very interesting to see what changes he makes if and when they need to be made. This is an Ulster Final and against a good Monaghan side who have only played one final. Harte starting with experiencd players with the younger fellas ready to come in is a sound imho. The pressure will be on Monaghan to come out all guns blazing and fellas like Block, Ricey and Harte could be vital in keeping cool heads and not allowing the occasion and the opposition to get to them.

Main Street

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2010, 12:05:24 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 15, 2010, 08:57:04 PM
Well, however perplexed we might be, just think of poor Banty!  ;)

Not by the looks of things

Which League, Qualifier, or non-Provincial Championship Final game was that after then?  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Bit disappointed with a few changes on the team. The good thing though is the bench looks extremely strong with plenty of players to come on and change things. The likes of Carlin,Sean O'Neill,McGinley,McGuigan,Stevie O'Neill,McCullagh,Coney,Mellon and P Harte could all make significant impacts before its over.

The Subbie

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 16, 2010, 12:37:54 AM
Bit disappointed with a few changes on the team. The good thing though is the bench looks extremely strong with plenty of players to come on and change things. The likes of Carlin,Sean O'Neill,McGinley,McGuigan,Stevie O'Neill,McCullagh,Coney,Mellon and P Harte could all make significant impacts before its over.

Carlin yes,Sean O'Neill yes ,McGinley no,McGuigan no,Stevie O'Neill yes ,McCullagh no ,Coney no ,Mellon no and P Harte yes
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on July 16, 2010, 01:08:20 AM
Meath referee isn't it? Surely he'll return the favour.

Hmmm... that's the danger (for us).

In order to leave no doubt at all about his impartiality, despite the massive favour accorded to his county by a Tyrone referee on Sunday last, he's like to be scrupulously objective, in Monaghan's favour, obviously.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Any craic

This has the potential to be an absolute cracker on Sunday. Look at the saves, the keeper drama, the scores along the way, and the Clones setting is perfect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rniI_YNPFpQ//

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.