The Pacific

Started by JimStynes, March 17, 2010, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 18, 2010, 06:17:51 PM
Jim, get ONL to download it for you. Then you can put it onto your PS3 and play it through big TV and get a good picture rather than watching on laptop.

I think i will do this, once it comes out on box set its going to be a rip off price to start with anyway and plus i wont be able to wait that long.

pintsofguinness

Watched it there, brilliant - I love the bottle scenes at night, unreal.

Going to watch it again now!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

JimStynes

The thing i found with Band of Brothers was that i could have watched it over and over again without getting bored of it, clearly this is going to be the same. Do they do the interview thing with the real character at the start of the episode like the way they did in BOB?

Ulick

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 19, 2010, 12:14:13 AM

I started watching it the other night and fell asleep. Thought it was boring to be honest but might try again at the weekend after I've finished season 4 of Dexter.

tbrick18

Anyone found a good download site for this?
I've heard a lot of good things about The Wire too but never seen it. Anyone know where I can download this from either?

JimStynes

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 19, 2010, 07:24:55 AM
Anyone found a good download site for this?
I've heard a lot of good things about The Wire too but never seen it. Anyone know where I can download this from either?

I seen the wire in Tesco the other day for 50 quid for all 5 series and im sure if u look on ebay/amazon/play etc you will prob find a better deal. I dont know much about downloading but i would buy it instead.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on March 19, 2010, 01:45:09 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 19, 2010, 12:14:13 AM

I started watching it the other night and fell asleep. Thought it was boring to be honest but might try again at the weekend after I've finished season 4 of Dexter.
How's it going? I got bored with Season 3 (I think it was the one with Jimmy Smits) and never finished watching it.

Marty2002

i downloaded it of here in near HD quality in 15 minutes http://immortalseed.com/
This sites download speed is a lot faster than demonoid and piratebay as it has a strict ratio policy regarding seeding.
The only problem is that its like demonoid and you have to be invited or keep an eye on when registration is open which happens a lot more regular for this site than demonoid.

JimStynes

Are these download sites free?

Ulick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 19, 2010, 02:18:34 PM
How's it going? I got bored with Season 3 (I think it was the one with Jimmy Smits) and never finished watching it.

Hmm... before I watched the last episode I'd have said it is only slightly better than 3. Better because there is more (black) humour and the plot more straight-forward. But the finale just delivered a completely unexpected and shocking twist at the death which means I'm going to  be hooked again on the next one. Season 5 not out until Sept so I've a bit of a wait yet.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: JimStynes on March 19, 2010, 05:54:21 PM
Are these download sites free?
Yeah they're free.  I use piratebay.com a lot.
and yeah they have the real person being interviewed before the show like band of brothers.

I could never get in to dexter or the wire.

Main Street

If someone here does want to get an invite to Demonoid, then I can provide one.

No chancers  please.
Want, here is qualified as a sincere desire, knows how a torrent site functions, knows how to use a torrent client and will use access to and the functions of the site, with responsibility.

I am also open to swapping an invite for Demonid, for an invite to the Immortalseed for example.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Main Street on March 20, 2010, 12:06:05 PM
If someone here does want to get an invite to Demonoid, then I can provide one.

No chancers  please.
Want, here is qualified as a sincere desire, knows how a torrent site functions, knows how to use a torrent client and will use access to and the functions of the site, with responsibility.

I am also open to swapping an invite for Demonid, for an invite to the Immortalseed for example.

Where can we pick up an application form? What's the interview process like?  :P

sandwiches_in_the_boot

For anybody into downloading TV shows and movies that aren't tech savvy try something like this

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/168914

I have a yamada dvd player with the usb port. You copy the downloaded video to a usb pen, no need to convert it or anything, just copy and paste. Plug in and go. Near DVD quality on the big screen no fuss.

Far better than watching it on the laptop.

BTW I love HBO, Deadwood, the wire, BOB, and i'm also now getting into Spartacus: Blood and sand. Think 300 meets Rome. Very bloody, but excellent action.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Main Street

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 20, 2010, 12:30:14 PM
Where can we pick up an application form? What's the interview process like?  :P

Your word is your bond.