The Pacific

Started by JimStynes, March 17, 2010, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

First episode was on in America at the weekend, getting great reviews as expected. I cant wait for it to come out on box set. Ive watched Band of Brothers box set about 30 or 40 times, if its half as good as that i will be happy. HBO are best in the business by a country mile for making TV programmes.

Does anyone know where i could download this or watch it online?? You can watch the first episode on HBO but think you have to be in an American region or something.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Ulick

Tony Baloney

You'll need to have a Sky Movies subscription to watch it in owc. Will be some show in HD with full surround sound.

Lady GAA GAA

Get rapidshare. Watched first episode on Monday night there,very promising start.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Watching it at the minute. Every bit as good as Band of Brothers.

Try and get yourself a demonoid invite. I'm sure someone on here has a couple lying around.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 17, 2010, 08:32:40 AM
You'll need to have a Sky Movies subscription to watch it in owc. Will be some show in HD with full surround sound.

Sky Movies? Why not Sky 1?  >:(
Testing Accessibility

NAG1

Its being billed as a Sky Movies event, lucky have said package cant wait. Got the box set of BoB excellent buy. If its as good we are in for a treat. Must get the surround sound sorted for it then!

Celt_Man

Quote from: JimStynes on March 17, 2010, 12:09:43 AM
First episode was on in America at the weekend, getting great reviews as expected. I cant wait for it to come out on box set. Ive watched Band of Brothers box set about 30 or 40 times, if its half as good as that i will be happy. HBO are best in the business by a country mile for making TV programmes.

Does anyone know where i could download this or watch it online?? You can watch the first episode on HBO but think you have to be in an American region or something.

Can't wait to see it and yes HBO are the best at these shows by a mile....  Band of Brothers, Deadwood, The Wire.  Would have loved to see them get their hands on something like 24
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

JimStynes

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on March 18, 2010, 03:34:11 PM
Watching it at the minute. Every bit as good as Band of Brothers.

Try and get yourself a demonoid invite. I'm sure someone on here has a couple lying around.

Whats this then?

Im in 2 minds weather to wait for it to come out on box set and watch it in Blue Ray or HD or weather to just go ahead and download it and watch it on the laptop. Ive never downloaded anything before so I havnt a clue about downloading music, movies etc Does it take up much space on the computer?

I wouldnt even be posting this if my ma and da hadnt cancelled sky movies last month >:( >:(

JimStynes

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 18, 2010, 04:21:35 PM

Can't wait to see it and yes HBO are the best at these shows by a mile....  Band of Brothers, Deadwood, The Wire.  Would have loved to see them get their hands on something like 24

Finished the full 5 series the other week, unreal show. Im going to start watching it all over again i think. Whats this Deadwood like though? When i was travelling around asia they had a HBO channel on alot of the tv's. I could easily have set in the hotel all day watching the class movies or tv shows that they had running 24 hrs a day.

Archie Mitchell

Jim, get ONL to download it for you. Then you can put it onto your PS3 and play it through big TV and get a good picture rather than watching on laptop.

Puckoon

Its feckin freezing.

Celt_Man

Quote from: JimStynes on March 18, 2010, 06:16:17 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 18, 2010, 04:21:35 PM

Finished the full 5 series the other week, unreal show. Im going to start watching it all over again i think. Whats this Deadwood like though? When i was travelling around asia they had a HBO channel on alot of the tv's. I could easily have set in the hotel all day watching the class movies or tv shows that they had running 24 hrs a day.

Deadwood is another top show.  it's a western set in a mining camp in the 1800's.  as usual with HBO it's fairly graphic and "realistic", well worth a watch

Oh aye and the Wire is the best tv show I have seen...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

f**k sake didn't realise what this thread was about - downloading now!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?