The Pacific

Started by JimStynes, March 17, 2010, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: JimStynes on March 18, 2010, 06:16:17 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 18, 2010, 04:21:35 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 17, 2010, 12:09:43 AM
First episode was on in America at the weekend, getting great reviews as expected. I cant wait for it to come out on box set. Ive watched Band of Brothers box set about 30 or 40 times, if its half as good as that i will be happy. HBO are best in the business by a country mile for making TV programmes.

Does anyone know where i could download this or watch it online?? You can watch the first episode on HBO but think you have to be in an American region or something.

Can't wait to see it and yes HBO are the best at these shows by a mile....  Band of Brothers, Deadwood, The Wire.  Would have loved to see them get their hands on something like 24

Finished the full 5 series the other week, unreal show. Im going to start watching it all over again i think. Whats this Deadwood like though? When i was travelling around asia they had a HBO channel on alot of the tv's. I could easily have set in the hotel all day watching the class movies or tv shows that they had running 24 hrs a day.

Deadwood is absolutely outstanding. The dialogue can get a bit shakespearian at times for rough frontiersmen, but the action and tension throughout the series is superb, as is the acting (McShane is incredible!). Definitely worth a look. Its a shame they only made three series, but as with something like Arrested Development, the excellence of the material and acting did not translate into a big viewership.

There's tons of Deadwood stuff on youtube - the conversations between Swearengen and Mr Wu (the non-English speaking boss of the chinese) are class! The fight between Dan Dority and the Captain is fairly brutal too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blki-DISUis

The Real Laoislad

The Pacific is f**king brilliant,great first two episodes anyway.

Here is a good little documentary on the making of the show etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94et1Bb53mw

Gonna buy the two books "Helmet for my Pillow" and "With the Old Breed" that the some of the series is based on off Amazon today.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lurganblue

Can I download on any of these sites through the ps3 like that stage vu site?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on March 20, 2010, 01:27:26 PM
For anybody into downloading TV shows and movies that aren't tech savvy try something like this

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/168914

I have a yamada dvd player with the usb port. You copy the downloaded video to a usb pen, no need to convert it or anything, just copy and paste. Plug in and go. Near DVD quality on the big screen no fuss.

Far better than watching it on the laptop.

A Playstation 3 will work just as well
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Capt Pat

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 28, 2010, 02:18:05 PM
The Pacific is f**king brilliant,great first two episodes anyway.

Here is a good little documentary on the making of the show etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94et1Bb53mw

Gonna buy the two books "Helmet for my Pillow" and "With the Old Breed" that the some of the series is based on off Amazon today.

It looks very good from that 20 minute trailer anyhow. Is there much action in it or is it more talking and meoldrama etc.

winsamsoon

Where is the best site for watching that band of brothers? i have most of the episodes on DVD but i am missing 5 and 7
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

mc_grens

Don't be downloading it. Only €20 for Band Of Brothers on Bluray on Sendit.com.

Tony Baloney

Watched the first two episodes of this at the start of the week and although very good I am not blown away by it. Yet. I seem to remember BoB being a bit of a slow burner in terms of introducing the characters.

They've certainly chucked pots of cash at it as the combat scenes are great. The Japs certainly had a devil may care attitude to self-preservation!

The Real Laoislad

I'm up to Episode 4 and I love it, can't wait for the rest of it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

First two episodes are on tonight on Sky 3 at 9pm
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2010, 07:22:38 PM
First two episodes are on tonight on Sky 3 at 9pm
Very interesting...

Ulick

Watched the fifth episode the other night. Must say bar the first two the rest have all been mediocre. Not a patch on Band of Brothers.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Ulick on April 17, 2010, 08:43:26 PM
Watched the fifth episode the other night. Must say bar the first two the rest have all been mediocre. Not a patch on Band of Brothers.
agree with that, it started so well but it's going downhill.  I can't warm to the characters at all either, I don't like Leckie.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

I enjoyed the Melbourne episode, I am loving all of it to be honest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

paco

Bought BOB on dvd a few months ago, thought it was excellent. I hate watching these shows on TV though, the suspense kills me! I have to watch 2 or 3 at a time. Anyone have any idea when this will be out on DVD?