Beckham

Started by ONeill, July 22, 2009, 07:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

red hander

Very brave of him to call the guy down for a fair dig knowing full well the security staff would put a stop to that straight away ... what a w**ker

Tony Baloney

Seen this a couple of days ago on the news. The yanks have finally seen through him. He gave up soccer years ago and is just a marketing figurehead. I don't believe for a minute his move to AC is about anything other than flogging jerseys. To try to say otherwise means he thinks people are as stupid as him.

DennistheMenace

Came across as a right tool.

Beckham said he was calling him down to 'shake his hand', sure David.

fitzroyalty

Its easy to be dead on when you have millions of pounds thrown at you for modelling knickers

Puckoon

Almost as easy as castigating a man we don't know from behind a keyboard?

gallsman

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 22, 2009, 09:46:29 PM
I dont mind Becks to be honest, seems to come across as a modest enough guy in any interview or anything ive seen him in.  I also remember being told a story about a ticket seller from ireland who knew all the United players, he said that Beckham was one of the most dead on one whilst Roy Keane was an ignorant w**ker.

I suppose there is only so much abuse one man can take before he snaps.

100% agreement.

I've heard similar stories regarding the two ex-United icons mentioned with regards to conduct in the club bar. From what I heard, Beckham knew every barman by name and always made a point of exchanging pleasantries whereas Keane wouldn't look twice at them.

DennistheMenace

I thought most people would have known Keane was a caant anyway.

ziggysego

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 22, 2009, 09:46:29 PM
I dont mind Becks to be honest, seems to come across as a modest enough guy in any interview or anything ive seen him in.  I also remember being told a story about a ticket seller from ireland who knew all the United players, he said that Beckham was one of the most dead on one whilst Roy Keane was an ignorant w**ker.

I suppose there is only so much abuse one man can take before he snaps.

My cousin and his wife met him a few years ago in England. Said he was a very sound and genuine man. No airs and graces about him, which you would expect from him from the media.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: red hander on July 22, 2009, 08:18:51 PM
Very brave of him to call the guy down for a fair dig knowing full well the security staff would put a stop to that straight away ... what a w**ker
[/quote
Beckham said he just wanted to shake his hand.  ;)

magpie seanie

John Major is a very nice and pleasany person too.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 22, 2009, 08:30:22 PM
Seen this a couple of days ago on the news. The yanks have finally seen through him. He gave up soccer years ago and is just a marketing figurehead. I don't believe for a minute his move to AC is about anything other than flogging jerseys. To try to say otherwise means he thinks people are as stupid as him.
there's an element of the jersey and media thing no doubt, but he improved the team when he played there last year, maybe that's an idictment of the standard in serie A and Milan, but that was the general consensus.

under the bar

QuoteSeen this a couple of days ago on the news. The yanks have finally seen through him. He gave up soccer years ago and is just a marketing figurehead. I don't believe for a minute his move to AC is about anything other than flogging jerseys. To try to say otherwise means he thinks people are as stupid as him.

He can't be that stupid when he's the richest footballer ever and still managing to sign multi-million dollar deals in his mid-30s.

orangeman

Quote from: under the bar on July 26, 2009, 09:40:19 PM
QuoteSeen this a couple of days ago on the news. The yanks have finally seen through him. He gave up soccer years ago and is just a marketing figurehead. I don't believe for a minute his move to AC is about anything other than flogging jerseys. To try to say otherwise means he thinks people are as stupid as him.

He can't be that stupid when he's the richest footballer ever and still managing to sign multi-million dollar deals in his mid-30s.

It's the mugs who are buying the jerseys.  We're the mugs.