Beckham

Started by ONeill, July 22, 2009, 07:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

The Aussies have a beer named after Mrs Beckham.

Does she taste as bitter as she looks?

Nah hang on, she's gorgeous. Just a bit too skinny. And she probably wouldnt do what she's told.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hoof Hearted

Came on tonight just about the hour mark and got the fuckin MAN of the MATCH !! Jesus Christ, the english are shameless. Steve Bruce was the man who was in charge of picking it. Ex Team mates ofcourse. Peter Crouchgot 2 goals FFS. When this man eventually retires i dont know what they will do.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Minder

I hope he plays an integral part at the World Cup, because if he does they will win fcuk all.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

my worst nightmare would be him coming on in the final, match 1-1, and curling a free kick from 25 yds into the top corner. I would be off the bann bridge before the action replay would be shown
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Orior on July 28, 2009, 09:03:06 PM

Does she taste as bitter as she looks?

Nah hang on, she's gorgeous. Just a bit too skinny. And she probably wouldnt do what she's told.

Spent 12 months in OZ and drank this every night I was there,god I'd love some VB now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

laceer

Beckham gets some abuse but he keeps proving his doubters wrong. I hope he does go to the world cup - he's about the only one of the English team i'd have time for

mountainboii

Quote from: laceer on October 14, 2009, 11:11:25 PM
Beckham gets some abuse but he keeps proving his doubters wrong. I hope he does go to the world cup - he's about the only one of the English team i'd have time for

Agree. He always seems like a likeable enough fella in interviews, has shown more dedication to his country than most footballers, and obviously isn't half as thick as some would like to paint him given the wealth he has accumulated from activities outside of football.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: bingobus on July 27, 2009, 03:07:52 PM
I thought the MLS was going well, growing each year and gaining a loyal following, if not sloely with the yanks but with ethnic groups.

I read a piece in 442 recently about one of the teams that has a season ticket waiting list (albeit in a 23,000 stadium) and even took 5,000 to an away match.
Although that could be one of the Canadian franchises.

That's us alright  ;D

And we only took 3,000 to that away game

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on October 14, 2009, 11:35:09 PM
Quote from: laceer on October 14, 2009, 11:11:25 PM

Agree. He always seems like a likeable enough fella in interviews, has shown more dedication to his country than most footballers, and obviously isn't half as thick as some would like to paint him given the wealth he has accumulated from activities outside of football.
You really think Beckham is the brains behind Brand Beckham. He's a show pony with a crack team advising him. I don't know if Simon Fuller is still involved but he's a man who knows a thing or two about brand management and global marketing. The main driver for Becks getting to SA next year will be the global exposure.

mountainboii

Very cynical Tony. To me he just seems like a decent enough fella who has done very well for himself, one way or another.

Aerlik

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 14, 2009, 10:48:01 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 28, 2009, 09:03:06 PM

[img]http://s.bebo.com/app-image/6520568573/6520540797/PROFILE/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/04/24/vb-logo.jpg
Spent 12 months in OZ and drank this every night I was there,god I'd love some VB now

Absolute horse piss.  Only popular in Victoria.  One of the most rancid concoctions ever produced.  My home brew is better.  Gets you pissed faster too.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

new devil

Still one off the best crossers of the ball about...never got the credit he deserved because of the circus that followed but was a brillant footballer

gallsman

Quote from: new devil on October 15, 2009, 04:09:24 AM
Still one off the best crossers of the ball about...never got the credit he deserved because of the circus that followed but was a brillant footballer

Nope, he was a middling footballer. I have the utmost respect for him though considering what he's achieved. In hindsight, the infamy he gained after the kick on Simeone truly launched him as a global superstar. Always seems very likeable and honest in his interviews and Victoria seems to get on with things and keep quiet. Cheryl McCullough she isn't.

GBXII

Ah in fairness he was a bit better than middling..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 15, 2009, 01:19:29 PM
Quote from: new devil on October 15, 2009, 04:09:24 AM

Nope, he was a middling footballer. I have the utmost respect for him though considering what he's achieved. In hindsight, the infamy he gained after the kick on Simeone truly launched him as a global superstar. Always seems very likeable and honest in his interviews and Victoria seems to get on with things and keep quiet. Cheryl McCullough she isn't.
If you wanted a good crosser and someone to sell loads of replica kits then he was your go to man.

Classy lady. She'd have "The Packet Racket" fighting til he's in a pine box.