Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on March 22, 2010, 03:33:04 PM
its not fiction.
i think the team isnt as close a unit as it used to be alot of players havent agreed with selections in some of the games. there has been rifts with colm mccullugh and Sean Cavanagh to name a few this year and there is more than that which hasnt been highlighted in the press.
Both players have yes agreed to continue playing but theres no love lost between them and the manager its strictly business.
The january sat nights of croker and televised winter games/springs games be over as we always got television coverage due to our success in recent years but when we go down to the division below we will come into the same bracket of so many teams before us as has beens.

Should this be the case, then so be it.

But Mickey Harte and the players will owe us nothing.

longrunsthefox

That's right Orangeman...  anyway a short summer wouldn't do any harm so we could have plenty of club action. Would also maybe help people appreciate what we have had the last few years.

nothingbettertobeat

im not gonna sit up here and take anything away from what we have achieved and what mickey has done but are we gonna rebuild now or leave it to division two and have a short summer before we realise that too many have too many miles on the clock?
your looking at major surgery at the end of the current season we will have lost the guts of 7 or 8 of our all Ireland winning corner stones.
heard unconfirmed reports that this is mugsys last season for county aswell that hes set to travel next season.
the defence is the problem tho we have been cut to shreads this season so far and with no possible answers out there of improving it
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 22, 2010, 03:42:14 PM
That's right Orangeman...  anyway a short summer wouldn't do any harm so we could have plenty of club action. Would also maybe help people appreciate what we have had the last few years.
[/b]

You never miss the water till the well runs dry.

We've lived through the golden era of Tyrone football - it was never ever going to last - how could it ?

All good teams come and go. This was truly a magnificent team.

Is it the end ?

Maybe so. Maybe not. Let's not write the epitaphs yet.

We might be nearing the end but Jesus lads, what a glorious journey it was !!

But enough of the writing off. We've had a disappointing league. That happens. If it's a short summer, Mickey will rebuild. Being loyal to his tried and trusted servants is not a hanging offence. I'd be loyal too, to boys that have done so much. It would be hard not to be loyal to these lads.

nothingbettertobeat

orangeman you have made me seen another side as all i done last night on the way home from galway was hang men as i was in that bad of form making such a long journey down.
if we do survive it will be closest shave ever witnessed.
stephen oneill and sean cavanagh back to full strength will be big boost to the side

orangeman

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on March 22, 2010, 04:19:48 PM
orangeman you have made me seen another side as all i done last night on the way home from galway was hang men as i was in that bad of form making such a long journey down.
if we do survive it will be closest shave ever witnessed.
stephen oneill and sean cavanagh back to full strength will be big boost to the side

I think the addition of Sean, Mugsy and Stephen O'Neill will be a massive injection to the forward line and with Penrose, Mc Guigan(s), Mc Cullagh, Joe Mc Mahon all pushing for inclusion, I'd be confident with a decent suppy being provided by Colm /Hub/Cassidy,we'd be fit for most teams.

But the defence needs a serious examination. And I'm sure Mickey and co will get this sorted.

nothingbettertobeat

Martin Penrose must be most improved player ever i mind.
hes like a Darren Fletcher type player fans never always warmed to him but over the years his hard work off the ball and big game performances have earned him his plaudits. well done big summer for him ahead our season depends on keeping our main men fit.
Brian Dooher struggling at the minute chatting to man who lives beside him staying in our hotel in salthill doubts if he will be back these same old injuries given him the same problems

orangeman

I never mentioned Dooher in my last post - anything Dooher contributes on the field at his time of day will be a bonus. He might surprise a few.

Off the field, I know he'll be a steadying force as he has been before and will drive the lads on.

Penrose is a gutsy boy and as you say has improved immeasurably.

amigo

Quote from: orangeman on March 22, 2010, 04:40:21 PM
I never mentioned Dooher in my last post - anything Dooher contributes on the field at his time of day will be a bonus. He might surprise a few.

Off the field, I know he'll be a steadying force as he has been before and will drive the lads on.

Penrose is a gutsy boy and as you say has improved immeasurably.

Declan Meehan fairly put the manners in him yesterday all the same!! Some hit!!

Radioulster

good to see an orangeman with a bit of sense if only you could transfer it to your brethern :P on a serious note the defence has always been helped by the covering of the wingforwards who are not just as super human as dooher and co watching the game they were getting back well into position but not really helping out as dooher would have done. there is a bit more in this team judge them at the seasons end they owe us nothing. People should stop the nonsense of rumblings in the camp etc leave that to the experts in Derry ;)

MR99

Quote from: the goal was on on March 22, 2010, 02:35:34 PM
Its difficult to know sometimes where hartes thinking is coming from. Everyone in tyrone would have know gourlay was gonna take a roasting. By starting him they contributed to being reduced to 14 men near the end. Its been clear for a long while davy is a poor defender who needs massive protection and it was encouraging to see him finally removed yesterday. Worryingly though some of our other defenders look a few yards short. We have no out and out man markers anymore. I think we're still paying for the brutal training the players undertook last year when they were run into the ground. When ever we are mssing a few players we can never get results which suggets mickey is'nt the great tactician/manager he is made out to be. have you also noticed that the calm demeanor on the sideline is showing signs of waning. Plus the fact that while he used to be on his own he is now constantly surrounded by tony donnellly and others.

Great post, agree with all you say.  We know the players aren't overly enamoured with Fergals training but Micky needs a yes man, ask Paddy Tally! The discontent that the fringe players feel with not being allowed to play club football just to make sure there is enough men for a 15 v 15 training game could only last so long and I feel there is a bust up in the offing if the players are refused permission to play club football.

DirtyDozen12

Its difficult to know sometimes where hartes thinking is coming from. Everyone in tyrone would have know gourlay was gonna take a roasting. By starting him they contributed to being reduced to 14 men near the end. Its been clear for a long while davy is a poor defender who needs massive protection and it was encouraging to see him finally removed yesterday. Worryingly though some of our other defenders look a few yards short. We have no out and out man markers anymore. I think we're still paying for the brutal training the players undertook last year when they were run into the ground. When ever we are mssing a few players we can never get results which suggets mickey is'nt the great tactician/manager he is made out to be. have you also noticed that the calm demeanor on the sideline is showing signs of waning. Plus the fact that while he used to be on his own he is now constantly surrounded by tony donnellly and others.

Why are you saying 'we this and we that' as if your from tyrone  ???  It says county Derry under your username on the left hand side of the screen  ???  are you steaming and think you are in the Derry thread  ???

Also, "I think we're still paying for the brutal training the players undertook last year when they were run into the ground", what is that about, cant imagine it was different from any other county training?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Cde

Quote from: MR99 on March 22, 2010, 06:02:35 PM

Great post, agree with all you say. We know the players aren't overly enamoured with Fergals training but Micky needs a yes man, ask Paddy Tally! The discontent that the fringe players feel with not being allowed to play club football just to make sure there is enough men for a 15 v 15 training game could only last so long and I feel there is a bust up in the offing if the players are refused permission to play club football.

dont know where you are getting your info but the few players I know are very happy with Fergals training and by the way he has trained them to two All Ireland wins, not a bad resume

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Cde on March 22, 2010, 06:09:16 PM
Quote from: MR99 on March 22, 2010, 06:02:35 PM

Great post, agree with all you say. We know the players aren't overly enamoured with Fergals training but Micky needs a yes man, ask Paddy Tally! The discontent that the fringe players feel with not being allowed to play club football just to make sure there is enough men for a 15 v 15 training game could only last so long and I feel there is a bust up in the offing if the players are refused permission to play club football.

dont know where you are getting your info but the few players I know are very happy with Fergals training and by the way he has trained them to two All Ireland wins, not a bad resume
not sure where he's getting his info either
players not being happy with training and 'brutal training' ???
tyrone have only just started going 2 nights a week, so they are hardly burnt out yet
tyrone won 2 allirelands with the current managemnet set up, yet lose a few league games and out come the WUM with talk of rifts in the camp,certain players being finished,players unhappy with training,players unhappy about not playing etc
alot of people coming out with alot of rubbish on this thread
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laceer

Some of these posts belong on hoganstand. Anyone who questions MH's position based on a few league defeats is an idiot, imho