Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on March 22, 2010, 04:35:20 PM
Martin Penrose must be most improved player ever i mind.
hes like a Darren Fletcher type player fans never always warmed to him but over the years his hard work off the ball and big game performances have earned him his plaudits. well done big summer for him ahead our season depends on keeping our main men fit.
Brian Dooher struggling at the minute chatting to man who lives beside him staying in our hotel in salthill doubts if he will be back these same old injuries given him the same problems

Have to agree. I never really rated him as a top county footballer until he came on as a sub in 2008 against Mayo (I think), when Tyrone were getting beat. He was involved in  6 scores in a row, either turning over ball, scoring points or winning frees. Think he really improved after that.

Mind you, I still wouldn't be convinced by his ability as a free-taker.

ziggysego

"You look on the past with gratitude, you look on the present with enthusiasm - and you should try to look on the future with confidence."

Testing Accessibility

nothingbettertobeat

good man jiggy!

i wish i could but future is in the balance at the minute. so much confidence at the start of december when the mckenna cup panel was named, what a difference a few months make in the world of football
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

longrunsthefox

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 23, 2010, 04:05:27 PM
Jiggy!!  :o

He wants Ziggy to get Jiggy with him. That ain't going to happen.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

[quote author=nothingbettertobeat link=topic=12.msg754691#msg754691 date=1269364632]
dont worry jiggy was not ment it was Ziggy i ment!
its tara to be pulled on your english on a messageboard!had enough of that when i was at school!
  :P

[/quote]

meant!

nothingbettertobeat

Any Thoughts on what the team might be for Saturdays must win game in Omagh?

tyroneboi

Quote from: ziggysego on March 23, 2010, 01:45:30 PM
"You look on the past with gratitude, you look on the present with enthusiasm - and you should try to look on the future with confidence."

Sounds like Jack Kyle is a lurker on the gaaboard!!

ziggysego

Quote from: tyroneboi on March 25, 2010, 02:28:35 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 23, 2010, 01:45:30 PM

Sounds like Jack Kyle is a lurker on the gaaboard!!

Just thought it was rather fitting to some of the scare mongering going on it here this week ;)
Testing Accessibility

nothingbettertobeat

Tyrone name decent side for Kerry Game. should be enough to get the 2pts required

cookstownblue

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on March 26, 2010, 11:26:51 AM
Tyrone name decent side for Kerry Game. should be enough to get the 2pts required

It'll have to be some team, going on recent performances.....they'll need wee Peter and Frank McGuigan....

laceer

Where would you play frank Mcguigan? Do you not think he'd be too slow now?

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: laceer on March 26, 2010, 04:08:53 PM
Going by last week's showing he would still give Gormley and Harte a run for their money

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on March 26, 2010, 04:41:12 PM
Going by last week's showing he would still give Gormley and Harte a run for their money

Would be better than a certain corner fwd from the same part of the world as well.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

longrunsthefox

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on March 27, 2010, 12:19:43 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on March 26, 2010, 04:41:12 PM

Would be better than a certain corner fwd from the same part of the world as well.

Who? Put up or shut up.... preferably shut up. Is distasteful having goes at individual Tyrone players on the board. Colm Cavanagh was getting an awful touch  a few weeks ago and now those people have gone quiet. After all they are amateur players and lads from out county, who read this themselves.