Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Any reports on the Aghyarn/Killyclogher relegation playoff. Think it will be difficult for the Aghyarn men to lift themselves for next week game against Kildress as I heard they should have won yetserday.

healypark

http://www.vimeo.com/7013754

great footage captured by Jerome and the team. Congrats to An Omaigh u16s & u21s over the weekend.

orangeman

I know this is stating the obvious but Mugsy can take a goal chance.

Another clinker yesterday :

http://www.vimeo.com/7017139

Any craic

http://www.ulsterherald.com/video/uhtv.php// I think I found all the videos here from yesterday. Mugsy was full of drama, great goal to hardly being able to walk. You can see the trainer or physio waving for the bench to replace him in the last few minutes, but he wouldn't go off. Mind you, from a Tyrone point of view, if he keeps going like that he'll be no use next year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on October 11, 2009, 10:45:13 PM
Just a short return guys, so don't get yourselves over excited ;)

I just wanted to congratulate Cookstown on doing the double. The Divison 2 League and IFC Title. Best of luck in the Ulster Championship and God willing, All Ireland Championship.

However, yes... excited about Greencastle getting up into Division 1 for the first time in our history. We have our work cut out for us next year, but hopefully we can cut it with most of the teams up there.

And Sean Teague.. What can I say? Took us out of Junior quickly.. got us an All-Ireland Title.. and now has taken us to Division 1. Fair play to you!

And with that... goodbye again ;)

Congrats on the ascendancy to the highest footballing echelon Zig, always good to see a first-timer make the grade, and good luck with it.

Until your next 'Hello again...'  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Paddy1804

Quote from: Tommo2 on October 12, 2009, 09:11:56 AM
Any reports on the Aghyarn/Killyclogher relegation playoff. Think it will be difficult for the Aghyarn men to lift themselves for next week game against Kildress as I heard they should have won yetserday.

Aghyaran were unlucky on Saturday - not a lot between the teams.  Aghyaran had a lot of possession and had two good goal scoring opportunities - 1 in the first half and 1 in the second, while Killyclogher missed a penalty.  There were also genuine appeals for an Aghyaran penalty in the second half.  By all accounts Aghyaran are well set up for next Saturday - if they play like they did against Omagh/Killyclogher they should have (just) enough to see off Kildress and stay in division 1 for another year. 

Still can't believe that Killyclogher got to a county semi-final and were unlucky to lose to Ardboe.

Sanchez

First post on here folks so bear with me as I get to grips with the auld technologoly and tinternet.

With the season almost wrapped up who do we think will make trials for the county before the end of the month? Not necessarily boys who will make the county panel but people you think deserve a shot after a good season in club football. Here's my two cents:

Mark Donnelly - Carrickmore
John Mc Conville - Ardboe
Mickey Garry - Dromore
Ronan Mc Nabb - Dromore
Peter Harte - Errigal Ciaran
Ciaran Mc Ginley - Errigal Ciaran
Paul Rafferty - Galbally
Shane O'Hagan - Clonoe
Padraic Martin - Eglish
Enda Clarke - Greencastle
Fergal Mc Aliskey - Derrylaughen
Diarmaid Mc Nulty - Gortin
Peter Hughes - Eskra
Gerard Mc Caughey - Aghaloo
Niall Donnelly - Fintona

MR99

Quote from: Sanchez on October 12, 2009, 02:42:21 PM
First post on here folks so bear with me as I get to grips with the auld technologoly and tinternet.

With the season almost wrapped up who do we think will make trials for the county before the end of the month? Not necessarily boys who will make the county panel but people you think deserve a shot after a good season in club football. Here's my two cents:

Mickey Garry - Dromore
Ronan Mc Nabb - Dromore
Paul Rafferty - Galbally
Shane O'Hagan - Clonoe
Padraic Martin - Eglish
Peter Hughes - Eskra
Niall Donnelly - Fintona

Welcome to the crazy house Sanchez.  Would agree with a lot of your suggestions.  I think Caolan Daly from Eglish has been very impressive this year and deserves a shout as does Paul McGurk from Carmen.  Regarding Niall Donnelly he must have had his only good game of the year against you's, I would struggle to think of a Division 1 club team he would make, should try rugby the amount of times he puts the ball over the sideline and Fintona players tell me his attitude is very poor

DCR

Mickey Garry - Dromore
Ronan Mc Nabb - Dromore
Paul Rafferty - Galbally
Shane O'Hagan - Clonoe
Padraic Martin - Eglish
Peter Hughes - Eskra
Niall Donnelly - Fintona

If these are (possibly) going to make it. Who is going to go.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: DCR on October 12, 2009, 06:00:53 PM

Mickey Garry - Dromore
Ronan Mc Nabb - Dromore
Paul Rafferty - Galbally
Shane O'Hagan - Clonoe
Padraic Martin - Eglish
Peter Hughes - Eskra
Niall Donnelly - Fintona

Of that lot only Harte and McNabb have a realistic chance of making the step up

DCR

Of that lot only Harte and McNabb have a realistic chance of making the step up [/b]

Might Mark Donnelly not also have a chance

No way ref

Peter Hughes is also a fine footballer

orangeman

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 12, 2009, 06:12:19 PM
Quote from: DCR on October 12, 2009, 06:00:53 PM

Mickey Garry - Dromore
Ronan Mc Nabb - Dromore
Paul Rafferty - Galbally
Shane O'Hagan - Clonoe
Padraic Martin - Eglish
Peter Hughes - Eskra
Niall Donnelly - Fintona

You'll never know until they're tried - but as osmeone else said earllier, MH can't be looking for too many to come in as there doesn't seem to be too many leaving the panel.

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on October 12, 2009, 10:33:17 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 12, 2009, 06:12:19 PM

You'll never know until they're tried - but as osmeone else said earllier, MH can't be looking for too many to come in as there doesn't seem to be too many leaving the panel.

Surely Harte has enough cop on to realise that he can't realistically have a panel of 40+. There are a couple of guys working within their own comfort zone that need a kick in the hole and nows the time to get ruthless.

mick the master

Welcome to the crazy house Sanchez.  Would agree with a lot of your suggestions.  I think Caolan Daly from Eglish has been very impressive this year and deserves a shout as does Paul McGurk from Carmen.  Regarding Niall Donnelly he must have had his only good game of the year against you's, I would struggle to think of a Division 1 club team he would make, should try rugby the amount of times he puts the ball over the sideline and Fintona players tell me his attitude is very poor

its Colm Mc Gurk not Paul