Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Top 4 teams all level on points with two games to go. The league has been brilliant this year. Any reports
Any championship games venues yet

WT4E

Really pleased with our league performance this year and nice that we have set up a clash with Kileeshil for the last playoff spot.

Have to say very disappointed in how negative and poor Owen roes where today and in particular McShane who wouldn't stand out as an all star and we've seen many play against us over the years.

Was well handled by a few of our young cubs and resorted to trying to start a row at the end after not scoring from play. He wouldn't be a role model in my eyes. He be lucky be to get his spot on the county team next year.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: PMG1 on August 19, 2022, 12:36:46 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on August 19, 2022, 07:43:32 AM
Brilliant game & atmosphere in Beragh last night for the Reserve championship final played in a great spirit.  Game could of went either way but carmen not being able to find a score for the last 15 mins or so really was the difference - albeit major chances to equalise / extend our lead when we went 2 points up.  Dromores free taking was consistent throughout and I suppose got them over the line in the end. Fair play but I hope a lot more to come from that group of players we have in both senior / reserve ranks.
Great advertisement for reserve football with a great crowd and game to suit. Delighted our lads got over the line, good sign of our strength in depth as we didn't have any player you would say is a regular senior player. Both teams had a good mix of youth and experience and would hold their own in division 2 senior football I imagine. Nice to see teams trying to play football and not go overly defensive

You on the wind up here I assume lad?

ClubScene13

Folks, would I be right in saying that if 2 teams finish level on points the outcome of the H2H game between the two sides will determine who finishes higher in the league?
And if more than 2 teams were to finish level then it would be ranked in order of the best score difference between all sides involved?

on the sideline

Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 21, 2022, 11:53:19 PM
Folks, would I be right in saying that if 2 teams finish level on points the outcome of the H2H game between the two sides will determine who finishes higher in the league?
And if more than 2 teams were to finish level then it would be ranked in order of the best score difference between all sides involved?

If 2 level yes head to head. If 3 or more level does it not come down to effectively a mini league between the teams involved? Eg team a, b and c finish level on points. So to determine the order which they finish in you go back to the results of the games involving those teams against each other in a mini/head to head league.

If team A beat B and C, they'll finish highest of the 3
And then B beat C, they will finish second with team C bottom of the 3.
If that makes sense?

If level after that score difference, I think.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
Fionn or someone else may know better or have the guidelines to post.

ClubScene13

Quote from: on the sideline on August 22, 2022, 12:00:53 AM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 21, 2022, 11:53:19 PM

If 2 level yes head to head. If 3 or more level does it not come down to effectively a mini league between the teams involved? Eg team a, b and c finish level on points. So to determine the order which they finish in you go back to the results of the games involving those teams against each other in a mini/head to head league.

If team A beat B and C, they'll finish highest of the 3
And then B beat C, they will finish second with team C bottom of the 3.
If that makes sense?

If level after that score difference, I think.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
Fionn or someone else may know better or have the guidelines to post.

Thanks, you may well be spot on with that assumption. They currently seem to be ordered on the website on score difference when 3/4 teams are tied, but could be waiting on the league to finish before sorting out all the H2H's for these mini leagues. Some very interesting scenarios in the top 2 divisions with 2 weeks to go.

Tyrone11234

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on August 22, 2022, 10:09:38 AM
Big one in Clonoe next week

I fully expect Derrylaughran and Moortown to drop.

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on August 22, 2022, 10:40:30 AM

Could end up being 3 teams down as the Division 2 playoff team will be strong. Clonoe or Donaghmore v a Galbally or Edendork would be hard to call.

bogball88

I see Castlederg conceeded their senior game v Drumragh at the weekend. Strange one. Anyone know what is happening there? Marty McNulty still with them?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: bogball88 on August 22, 2022, 11:02:55 AM
I see Castlederg conceeded their senior game v Drumragh at the weekend. Strange one. Anyone know what is happening there? Marty McNulty still with them?
Waiting on the three McHugh transfers to go through from Aghyaran before coming in under the radar for the Junior Championship.

Onthe40

Quote from: clarshack on August 22, 2022, 10:59:51 AM

Could end up being 3 teams down as the Division 2 playoff team will be strong. Clonoe or Donaghmore v a Galbally or Edendork would be hard to call.

Moy are in there too..

Onthe40

I expect Clonoe to beat DL and beat  Trillick at home who are pretty much in the league semi and will be championship prepping by that stage

superstar_

Quote from: Onthe40 on August 22, 2022, 01:59:52 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 22, 2022, 10:59:51 AM

Moy are in there too..
Coalisland giving Moy the points to try and send Clonoe down...

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 22, 2022, 02:17:13 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on August 22, 2022, 12:37:00 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on August 22, 2022, 11:02:55 AM
Waiting on the three McHugh transfers to go through from Aghyaran before coming in under the radar for the Junior Championship.

If true, they'll have to wait until next year - if you want to transfer from one Tyrone club to another, the deadline each year is 1st March.

QuoteTransfer

7. (a) Players seeking to transfer from one club to another within the county shall apply to the County Secretary, on the Official Transfer Form, on or before the 1st March in any year. Requests for Permission to Play with a Club, in accordance with Rule 6.8 T.O 2021 in another parish, and any other movement between Clubs within the county shall be subject to the same 1st March deadline.

https://tyronegaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Tyrone-County-Bye-Laws-Approved-2022.pdf

The Derg were very defensive against us and rarely attacked only scoring 0-3, but having Ronan McHugh up front would make them a very different proposition and they'd definitely be contenders.