Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

There seems to be a a lot of teams conceding games at u21 level there alright. There seems to be little interest in this competition. Pity because it usually is good football.

Kildress beat greencastle tonight, is it the start of the  great escape by them

WBF

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 01, 2016, 10:07:56 PM
My adopted club, Loughmacrory, going well in u-21 at the minute. Appear to have a real good team coming through. Hammered Carrickmore 1-15 to 0-06 this evening at the Lough. Top the league (1b) alongside Errigal. What's the story with grading at this level. Would 1a be considered a higher standard or is it a split west/east setup with top teams in both divisions facing off at the end?

What's the craic with Omagh and Killyclogher at this level, have noticed both teams have conceded one/two games already. Hardly a lack of numbers??

Lough have a good team would be up there with one of the better teams in u21 competition but there only let down is their sub bench! They gave Carmen a right touch but I would take that result with a pinch of salt! 8 players injured before the game then another key player going off early in the game. Most of Carmen players will be back come the quarter finals stage if they qualify which is highly likely. Just out of interest would many other u21 teams be able to field with the amount of injuries? Errigal maybe?

In regards to 1A and 1B there is no stronger side just split between east and west!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WBF on July 02, 2016, 07:31:46 PM
My adopted club, Loughmacrory, going well in u-21 at the minute. Appear to have a real good team coming through. Hammered Carrickmore 1-15 to 0-06 this evening at the Lough. Top the league (1b) alongside Errigal. What's the story with grading at this level. Would 1a be considered a higher standard or is it a split west/east setup with top teams in both divisions facing off at the end?

What's the craic with Omagh and Killyclogher at this level, have noticed both teams have conceded one/two games already. Hardly a lack of numbers??

Lough have a good team would be up there with one of the better teams in u21 competition but there only let down is their sub bench! They gave Carmen a right touch but I would take that result with a pinch of salt! 8 players injured before the game then another key player going off early in the game. Most of Carmen players will be back come the quarter finals stage if they qualify which is highly likely. Just out of interest would many other u21 teams be able to field with the amount of injuries? Errigal maybe?

In regards to 1A and 1B there is no stronger side just split between east and west!

Geezus. What kind of warm up are they doing!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omagh_gael

Cheers for the info, WBF. I moved up to the Lough four years ago and my eldest lad is with the u-6s so not 100% up to speed of the story at minor/u-21 etc.

Seems to be a club on the up, though. There has been a lot of people moving into the area of the last number of years and they get great numbers down at all underage levels.

WBF

Sorry didn't mean directly before in the warm up Norf just leading up to the game etc! Lough are Defo improving and their senior team is full of young lads!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WBF on July 03, 2016, 12:01:35 AM
Sorry didn't mean directly before in the warm up Norf just leading up to the game etc! Lough are Defo improving and their senior team is full of young lads!

I guessed that.  :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Golden Years

Loughmacrory appear to be one of the top u21 teams in the county this year.  It will take a good team to beat them.  Don't think the fellas injured would have made a bearing on the outcome, maybe just the scoreline. Maybe if we had of concentrated on playing football for the 60 minutes the scoreline could have been less also. I take we had 3 starters missing WBF.  Shorty, Conan McElduff, Gavin mccrystal with James McGurk going off after 10 minutes.  Who else am i missing?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: FiFtH mAn TaCkLe on June 27, 2016, 07:02:44 PM
#NoPoisonGold
#HealthBeforeWealth
#SaveOurSperrins

please come and support

facebook.com/saveoursperrins
twitter.com/saveoursperrins

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: The Golden Years on July 04, 2016, 12:43:46 PM

Loughmacrory appear to be one of the top u21 teams in the county this year.  It will take a good team to beat them.  Don't think the fellas injured would have made a bearing on the outcome, maybe just the scoreline. Maybe if we had of concentrated on playing football for the 60 minutes the scoreline could have been less also. I take we had 3 starters missing WBF.  Shorty, Conan McElduff, Gavin mccrystal with James McGurk going off after 10 minutes.  Who else am i missing?
I hear Ryan McGarrity is playing midfield for Carrickmore. Must be well improved because i mind him getting a tight skinning against Greencastle under 21s maybe two years back.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 04, 2016, 01:53:30 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on July 04, 2016, 12:43:46 PM

I hear Ryan McGarrity is playing midfield for Carrickmore. Must be well improved because i mind him getting a tight skinning against Greencastle under 21s maybe two years back.
Aye, but lads from the Castle are made from different stuff.

Tommo2

Now that Tyrone are in the Ulster Final, do we know when the club league games will start again and which fixtures?

time ticking away

It probably depends on whether Tyrone win or lose against Donegal. If they lose the next league game will be starred, if they win, the extra week until the AIQF means the next league game would not be starred....

But ya never know  :o :o
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

WT4E

Quote from: redzone on July 01, 2016, 10:43:55 PM
Kildress beat greencastle tonight, is it the start of the  great escape by them

A much needed win for the Tones - A much improved performance in a local derby. Been a while since we beat Greencastle. Not sure what the Greencastle lads thought but noticed they had a few decent subs enter the fray - would they have thought that Kildress where a push over and it back fired?

Still a long way out but we've given ourselves a chance considering defeat would have basically meant relegation in early July!

The Golden Years

Carrickmores great season at underage level continues with the winning of the Tyrone Og Sport title last night in Garvahey. Seems like a lot of the hard work being put in at underage level is starting to pay off.  Hopefully we can bring some of these lads through to senior level for a Renaissance.  :) ;)

The Trap

This really is an awful time of the year for everyone involved in club football. What is your club doing at the minute? Training away, taking a break, playing friendlies? Don't know when the next game is, when the championship is, whether to book a holiday or not.........the hardcore of senior players will train away but there aren't many reserves about at the minute!