Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Tyrone have stuck to the thirteen day rule all year which is the way it should be in all counties. There doesn't seem to have many complaints from Harte. It's interesting that the abuse towards him has pretty much stopped on here currently.

Last year him not speaking to rte was a massive issue for many after the Donegal defeat but funny it has hardly been mentioned this year. There's also little complaint about him playing 'nephew Peter'.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Uncle Kev on July 20, 2016, 07:56:44 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on July 20, 2016, 06:00:35 PM
Uncle Kev, there are 48 clubs in this county who work their asses off on numerous occasions every day of the week to coach, train and nurture the talent that won the ulster title at the weekend.  The least they deserve is to have these players playing for them in vital league games.  Club always comes first and any county player worth their salt (and I know our three do) would agree.  Do you think these players want to be wrapped up in cotton wool for 3 weeks rather than playing a competitive game for their club?
PMG1 I am not looking 48 games off ! There is no reason why starred games can't be played as the league is well through. Dromore v Clonoe and Omagh v Ardboe involves a lot of county men that Mickey would regret if he did not gave them fit for 6 th August. If mc carron , Sludden mcnabb or justy suffered an injury on hard ground this weekend you'd be down in the dumps. Go ahead with all league fixtures but don't risk men that are vital to Tyrines quest for a 4 th Sam ! By the way what was your selection for the Drumragh dream team ?

Going by your reckoning, if this week and obviously next week was starred, that's the 5 x starred rounds gone.

IF Tyrone beat Mayo on the 6th, is it alright to play games on 14th?

With no starred games left there's potential for no more ACL games between 31st July and 25th Sept if the CCC burn off the last 2 x rounds of starred games this week and next!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

PMG1

Quote from: Uncle Kev on July 20, 2016, 07:56:44 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on July 20, 2016, 06:00:35 PM
Uncle Kev, there are 48 clubs in this county who work their asses off on numerous occasions every day of the week to coach, train and nurture the talent that won the ulster title at the weekend.  The least they deserve is to have these players playing for them in vital league games.  Club always comes first and any county player worth their salt (and I know our three do) would agree.  Do you think these players want to be wrapped up in cotton wool for 3 weeks rather than playing a competitive game for their club?
PMG1 I am not looking 48 games off ! There is no reason why starred games can't be played as the league is well through. Dromore v Clonoe and Omagh v Ardboe involves a lot of county men that Mickey would regret if he did not gave them fit for 6 th August. If mc carron , Sludden mcnabb or justy suffered an injury on hard ground this weekend you'd be down in the dumps. Go ahead with all league fixtures but don't risk men that are vital to Tyrines quest for a 4 th Sam ! By the way what was your selection for the Drumragh dream team ?
I would.be much more.concerned if one of them got injured playing for Tyrone and missed the club championship!

Uncle Kev

PMG1 your arrogance knows no bounds! You must be part of Jirdans gang who does not want to see the county go any further !I just hope that Mickey asks his county players to go away for the weekend and not to risk anything for two silly league points !

Tyrone95

u21 Quarter final fixtures announced for next Tuesday evening. A few high quality matches should be on show!! What are the predictions?

Coalisland Na Fianna v Pomeroy Plunketts
Fr Peter Campbell Park 7:30 PM

Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa v Errigal Ciaran
2016 U21 KO1 Quarter-final
Ardboe 7:30 PM

Loughmacrory St. Teresa's v Stewartstown Harps
Loughmacrory 7:30 PM

Carrickmore St Colmcille's v Galbally Pearses
Carrickmore 7:30 PM

Onthe40

Have to say I havent really been keeping in tune with the u21 comp this year...surprised Moortown not featuring having been in the last 3 minor finals?

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 22, 2016, 02:28:41 PM
Have to say I havent really been keeping in tune with the u21 comp this year...surprised Moortown not featuring having been in the last 3 minor finals?
from what I have seen and heard erring all and galbally are the teams to beat ! Carrickmore must also be in the reckoning after claiming the minor title ! At the beginning of the year I would have said the Fianna were the team but I think Stewartstown done away with my dream!

leenie

Quote from: Uncle Kev on July 21, 2016, 05:37:09 PM
PMG1 your arrogance knows no bounds! You must be part of Jirdans gang who does not want to see the county go any further !I just hope that Mickey asks his county players to go away for the weekend and not to risk anything for two silly league points !

You're a bit rich talking about arrogance and then referring to two 'silly ' league points
What level of a club man are you or is it just a county man you are ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

PMG1

Doesn't even merit a reply!

Uncle Kev

Quote from: PMG1 on July 22, 2016, 10:11:08 PM
Doesn't even merit a reply!
you have nahin to say to convince me county men should play this weekend visit if they do they won't take risks. The league is a shambles anyway as the team that finishes top is nt deemed the winner. Some league that is !

clarshack

Quote from: clarshack on July 23, 2016, 12:14:22 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on July 22, 2016, 01:28:54 PM
u21 Quarter final fixtures announced for next Tuesday evening. A few high quality matches should be on show!! What are the predictions?

Why did galbally concede at home to Coalisland thus giving themselves a harder draw in the 1/4 finals? Complete madness   :o

Uncle Kev

Quote from: clarshack on July 23, 2016, 12:17:11 AM

Why did galbally concede at home to Coalisland thus giving themselves a harder draw in the 1/4 finals? Complete madness   :o
.    You have not got an answer so u suggest you rephrase the question comme ci "why did galbally concede at home to Coalisland giving Stewartstown a tougher draw in the quarter final?"

Tyrone95

Quote from: Uncle Kev on July 23, 2016, 10:47:01 AM

.    You have not got an answer so u suggest you rephrase the question comme ci "why did galbally concede at home to Coalisland giving Stewartstown a tougher draw in the quarter final?"
Going by the 1b standings - yes. Carmen and Errigal might agree to differ though Uncle Kev. Should be interesting

The Golden Years

Quote from: Uncle Kev on July 23, 2016, 10:47:01 AM

Are you saying here that galbally conceded knowing that they would meet carrickmore thinking that's the easiest draw?  They could be in for a shock

Tyroneforsam

I just wouldn't discount Pomeroy either. They only lost twice, by 1 point on each occasion. To errigal and Loughmacrory, who needed a goal in injury time.