Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

bigtogs & KYMI thanks for clearing that up for me - you know the old GAA mentality - they're making little of us!!!!!!

Sounds like some fixture had to go - Isn't great to playing so much football all the same!

bigtogs

Quote from: Under Lights on July 08, 2014, 02:58:53 PM
Quote from: hugh the root on July 08, 2014, 02:54:52 PM
A lot of hoors on this board have a gripe against Clonoe!Whats the problem with a successful team;is it jealousy?

I love Clonoe's style of play- best team in Tyrone imo- but I have to admit the couple of posters on this with their complaining, yapping, crying and paranoia have me swaying towards routing for Ardboe in the Championship from here on in. Come on the Rossa.

Ardboe are welcome to you.... you would not not last long around it....

bigtogs

Under Lights

Quote from: bigtogs on July 08, 2014, 03:13:07 PM
A lot of hoors on this board have a gripe against Clonoe!Whats the problem with a successful team;is it jealousy?

I love Clonoe's style of play- best team in Tyrone imo- but I have to admit the couple of posters on this with their complaining, yapping, crying and paranoia have me swaying towards routing for Ardboe in the Championship from here on in. Come on the Rossa.

Been in Ardboe since 2008 working- lasted a right while.

bigtogs

Quote from: Under Lights on July 08, 2014, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on July 08, 2014, 03:13:07 PM

Been in Ardboe since 2008 working- lasted a right while.
indeed well done...

Under Lights

Hope it lasts, would like something closer to home but suppose job security is still key in the current climate.

bigtogs

Yeahte author=Under Lights link=topic=12.msg1373461#msg1373461 date=1404830610]
Hope it lasts, would like something closer to home but suppose job security is still key in the current climate.
[/quote]

You might transfer to the boe!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on July 08, 2014, 01:48:36 PM
Based on the weekends game our senior/reserve teams (Subs in brackets):
17-18 year olds- 3 (2 subs)
19-21 year olds- 8 (1 sub)
24-29 year olds- 10 (1 sub)
30 or over- 9

If your club had
Reserve champ on Friday
Minor league on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday
Reserve/senior league Friday
Under 21  on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday..
Reserve champ on Friday

Which of those 7 games in 15 days would you have rested your 5 minors for?
Would you have rested any of your 8 u-21's for the 6 games in 15 days?

Club Rossa

Watch out Under Lights,hugh the root will be waiting for you at McConvilles corner ;D

Under Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on July 08, 2014, 04:06:33 PM
30 or over- 9

If your club had
Reserve champ on Friday
Minor league on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday
Under 21  on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday..
Reserve champ on Friday

Obsolete question- we don't have an Under 21 team- we assessed the situation and decided that we would be too stretched and felt that everyone was getting enough football. Just took a bit of forward thinking.

Under 21 football has been shoehorned in over the last few years and probably doesn't get the timing it deserves.

Suppose if you removed both minor football and under 21 and get some sort of under 20 football going it could be a good job. Dunno if you would do this without it being done at a national level.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on July 08, 2014, 04:46:18 PM
30 or over- 9

If your club had
Reserve champ on Friday
Minor league on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday
Under 21  on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday..
Reserve champ on Friday

Obsolete question- we don't have an Under 21 team- we assessed the situation and decided that we would be too stretched and felt that everyone was getting enough football. Just took a bit of forward thinking.

Under 21 football has been shoehorned in over the last few years and probably doesn't get the timing it deserves.

Suppose if you removed both minor football and under 21 and get some sort of under 20 football going it could be a good job. Dunno if you would do this without it being done at a national level.

I don't think less club football is the answer. IMO it has to be a compressed inter-county season to give club planners more scope to not mess it up. Unfortunately until Central Council drag the provincial councils into the 21st century that aint going to happen.

winghalfback

Quote from: LeoMc on July 08, 2014, 05:38:42 PM
30 or over- 9

If your club had
Reserve champ on Friday
Minor league on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday
Under 21  on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday..
Reserve champ on Friday

I don't think less club football is the answer. IMO it has to be a compressed inter-county season to give club planners more scope to not mess it up. Unfortunately until Central Council drag the provincial councils into the 21st century that aint going to happen.

Nail on head Leo.

Bigtogs were you at the under21 game tonight another big win for you's. How do you think Friday night will go Ardboe are a good team very pacy.

stringbean

I don't think anyone on here can argue that things are better this year than previous however would have to agree with the points the Clonoe lads are making.

Every player wants to play football regularly, but the CCC's determination to squeeze the reserve championship and under 21s in before the July break has put undue strain on clubs and left clubs picking and choosing which fixtures to fulfil.

For example, Donaghmore reserves drew their 1st round championship game with Eglish aet on a Saturday evening, so had the replay on the Wednesday which also went to extra time, played the 2nd round on the Friday and then had a league game on the sunday. Its pretty unfair on these players who are training all year for their season to be condensed in under a week.

I think the CCC do have to be commended for so far getting most players regular football in the summer, however there was no real need to condense the reserve championship and under 21s given that these competitions should not be affected by Tyrone's progress.

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on July 08, 2014, 09:43:39 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on July 08, 2014, 05:38:42 PM
30 or over- 9

If your club had
Reserve champ on Friday
Minor league on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday
Under 21  on Sunday
Under 21 on Tuesday..
Reserve champ on Friday

Nail on head Leo.

Bigtogs were you at the under21 game tonight another big win for you's. How do you think Friday night will go Ardboe are a good team very pacy.

yes was at it was a handy enough win fair play to Killdress they played away..... Ardboe on friday night will be a different story could go right to the wire....

WT4E

Quote from: bigtogs on July 08, 2014, 10:54:22 PM

yes was at it was a handy enough win fair play to Killdress they played away..... Ardboe on friday night will be a different story could go right to the wire....
[/quote]

Clonoe would be far superior opposition to Kildress however have to say must give credit to Kildress - they were graded in div 2 (which they prob could have won) but insisted they would prefer to be in Div 1 (for development I suppose) and when Moortown dropped out at last minute they got into 1.

I was fearful myself that this could of been a bad call but a couple of good results against Ardboe & Cookstown and a performance against Coalisland will help the lads more than any div 2 game would of.

I'd say it would be another Clonoe v Pomeroy final!