Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackball

The county board did a reasonable job with the fixtures up until about 4 weeks ago then they lost the plot and tried to squeeze in far too many games before the July break. Reserve championship on a Friday, Reserve and senior league on the Sunday then U21 match on the Tuesday night plus they are trying to run off minor league playoffs at the same time! Some players playing 3 or 4 games a week at 18 years of age! but there is no player burnout in Tyrone so its ok. 

Under Lights

Quote from: blackball on July 08, 2014, 12:35:57 PM
The county board did a reasonable job with the fixtures up until about 4 weeks ago then they lost the plot and tried to squeeze in far too many games before the July break. Reserve championship on a Friday, Reserve and senior league on the Sunday then U21 match on the Tuesday night plus they are trying to run off minor league playoffs at the same time! Some players playing 3 or 4 games a week at 18 years of age! but there is no player burnout in Tyrone so its ok.

Is this not up to your senior manager to manage the welfare of the youngster? It's your club that is abusing the player not the CB.

BTW I am from a very small club but we manage our young ones that they are only playing parts in games during the minor season- whenever that is finished then they usually come into the adult fold.

bigtogs

Quote from: Under Lights on July 08, 2014, 12:59:05 PM

Is this not up to your senior manager to manage the welfare of the youngster? It's your club that is abusing the player not the CB.

BTW I am from a very small club but we manage our young ones that they are only playing parts in games during the minor season- whenever that is finished then they usually come into the adult fold.

so the clubs are abusing players by trying to forfill fixtures!!! Wise up 99 percent of the club's in Tyrone could not field under 21 and reserve and senior teams without using 18 year olda...

Under Lights

Quote from: bigtogs on July 08, 2014, 01:25:48 PM

so the clubs are abusing players by trying to forfill fixtures!!! Wise up 99 percent of the club's in Tyrone could not field under 21 and reserve and senior teams without using 18 year olda...

That's quite the stat

Knock Yer Mucker In

under lights, you are detached from reality

bigtogs

Quote from: Under Lights on July 08, 2014, 01:38:27 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on July 08, 2014, 01:25:48 PM

That's quite the stat

so your just going to be smart ass now...... I dont think itsis acceptable to condense res champ under21 champ and minor league and champ into a few weeks..... The overlap of players is the point I am making.... it is not correct to treat clubs like this. .... you must be on the ccc underlights...

Under Lights

Based on the weekends game our senior/reserve teams (Subs in brackets):
17-18 year olds- 3 (2 subs)
19-21 year olds- 8 (1 sub)
24-29 year olds- 10 (1 sub)
30 or over- 9

WT4E

Can any of the Clonoe men fill me in?

Did Clonoe concede to Pomeroy cause they were playing Kildress in the last game and think that a win over them guarantees progression in U-21's?

Under Lights

If your club don't have the resources to deal with demand its something that they need to manage. Maybe by playing your young lads in senior teams too early you are driving the 21+ year olds to quit the game early.

You's lads love to highlight problems- fixtures are a problem- but where are your solutions???
I don't want hindsight I want solutions to be based on future events.

bigtogs

Quote from: WT4E on July 08, 2014, 01:49:42 PM

Did Clonoe concede to Pomeroy cause they were playing Kildress in the last game and think that a win over them guarantees progression in U-21's?

no we had
reserve champ v omagh on friday
minor league v coalisland on sunday
Under 21 v coalisland tuesday
reserve/senior league friday
under 21 v pomeroy sunday
under 21 v killdress tuesday..

RESERVE COUNTY FINAL FRIDAY V Ardboe....

we could not field on sunday with holidays/injuries/rest
holiday makers home yesterday. .. if killdress was sunday and pomeroy was tuesday we have played pomeroy tuesday... sunday game was a step too far for us.... fielding on sunday would have meant we have been playing quite a lot of players 6/7 games in 14 days which we thought was too much.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: WT4E on July 08, 2014, 01:49:42 PM

We had played Carrickmore sen and res on the Sunday, Ardboe on Tues in the u21s, Res semi final on the Friday, minor league quarter Sunday, u21s on the tues, sen and res league game Friday against Cookstown, Sunday u21 against Pomeroy and tonight u21s against Kildress with the res championship final this Fri. I am lead to believe the senior manager pulled it, as the pomeroy game was thrown in out of the blue (it had been cancelled earlier due to pomeroy seniors drawing in the intermediate), as underlights said the manager doing what he does, manage. No elaborate theories

hugh the root

A lot of hoors on this board have a gripe against Clonoe!Whats the problem with a successful team;is it jealousy?

hugh the root

Quote from: hugh the root on July 08, 2014, 02:54:52 PM
A lot of hoors on this board have a gripe against Clonoe!Whats the problem with a successful team;is it jealousy?

hugh the root

Under Lights

I love Clonoe's style of play- best team in Tyrone imo- but I have to admit the couple of posters on this with their complaining, yapping, crying and paranoia have me swaying towards routing for Ardboe in the Championship from here on in. Come on the Rossa.