Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on July 09, 2014, 09:18:47 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on July 09, 2014, 09:15:22 PM
Was there a bit of craic at the Moy v Donaghmore match the other night. I heard two sets of management were both from the Clonoe club and a bit of a rumpus happened in the Moy dugout. Any trut

heard that the other day talking to one of the clonoe men you talk about he laughed it off... Some result for Donaghmore all the same...Think the "rumpus" was between 2 players not management!!

Well I'm not going to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on July 09, 2014, 09:31:40 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on July 09, 2014, 09:18:47 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on July 09, 2014, 09:15:22 PM
Was there a bit of craic at the Moy v Donaghmore match the other night. I heard two sets of management were both from the Clonoe club and a bit of a rumpus happened in the Moy dugout. Any trut

heard that the other day talking to one of the clonoe men you talk about he laughed it off... Some result for Donaghmore all the same...Think the "rumpus" was between 2 players not management!!

Well I'm not going to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Heard one high profile county player walked of the field at the end refusing to shake hands with anyone... and his team had a long chat in midfield after the game while he spat the dummy out and headed for the car and went home!!!

Truegael26

Quote from: Sunny Day on July 09, 2014, 10:36:06 AM
Friday night's Senior Div 1 Reserve Final should be a quality game of football and I would expect plenty of good skill on display.  There can be no argument that Division 1 Reserve football can be as fast flowing and exciting as some division 2 and division 3 senior championship games.  It would be great if some of these Reserve games got a little more exposure.  You will find little or no build up to this game at all, and as far as I know, it's the only Tyrone GAA Men's Club Football game being played this weekend.  You will not find any coverage of it on TeamTalk Mag website or on the Tyrone GAA website which is a real pity for the clubs and especially the young players involved.  What a game it will be,  it's a mixture of youth and experience.  Both their senior teams have at least contested major honours at this level in last few months (Clonoe County Champions sen & res & senior League semi's - Ardbo the League final).  Clonoe have a great reserve team, the experience of Martin Hughes, Damien Campbell, Shane Hagan, Shane McCann with the youth of Rys Quinn, Fintan McClure etc they certainly have the upper hand.  Ardbo should have the experience of quality players Gavin Wylie, Paul Coney, Simon Teague, Tomas Wylie mixed with the minor winners like Peter O'Neill, Kevin Coney etc.  Its sure to be a decent game of football.  It's a real shame there isnt more exposure to this Division 1 County Final.
                                                                                                                                               Agree with the lack of coverage reserve final gets, your right in saying that this game will be played at high intensity of intermediate championship games. Most players on both sides are more than capable of playing senior football and have done in the past. Think clonoes record in reserves might stand by them along with their experience but Ardboe will put it up to them and are craving some sort of success at senior level. Be good game and I'm going with Ardboe on league form.

NDA

There was a Washing Bay man spouting the same rubbish defending himself and the CCC on twitter the other day.
Some tool thon boy. Got away with bullying people for years and still trying it. An embarrassment to his club. He is still trying to dictate to the County Committee.
Time for him and the rest of his gang to make way for new blood.
Kennedy, Magee, Kerr, Nelis, Bradley and co are poison, a real bag of snakes dragging the county down.

Under Lights

Quote from: NDA on July 10, 2014, 09:07:01 AM
There was a Washing Bay man spouting the same rubbish defending himself and the CCC on twitter the other day.
Some tool thon boy. Got away with bullying people for years and still trying it. An embarrassment to his club. He is still trying to dictate to the County Committee.
Time for him and the rest of his gang to make way for new blood.
Kennedy, Magee, Kerr, Nelis, Bradley and co are poison, a real bag of snakes dragging the county down.

Whenever its time for nominations I will nominate you then- just PM me your details.
Thanks

NDA

Thanks for the offer but no need for you to get involved. My club would nominate me if I wanted.
Yours looking rid of you.

hugh the root

Under lightsi is definitely a member of mclaughlins merry band!

Tyrone Gaa

I agree with a lot of what's been said but not it all.  Its ok to be a keyboard warriors to come on and demand change or criticise those that do put themselves forward on a voluntary basis.  I believe that change is needed but that wont come about by 1 person putting themselves forward to take up a county board post.  Change must be radical, I believe that the county board representatives (wrongly) named in this forum are acting in what they believe is best.  1 person joining that committee wont change these views, their voice would be drowned out. 

A lot of county members are stuck in their ways and reluctant to change. If any major change is to come then the CB needs a radical overhaul not just adding 1 or 2 new members.  An injection of youth, but then who wants the poison chalice?
Living the dream!!!

Under Lights

Just had a look back on this thread to this time in 2008- you know when we were wining All Ireland's
Club championship was played at this time- round the 4th of July and next round 22nd of July or something like that Tyrone game in between.

The first post on this page very interesting- not much crying from Ardboe when their team's youngsters involved in big games over the same weekend.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=12.7755

blackball

Quote from: Under Lights on July 10, 2014, 11:09:38 AM
Just had a look back on this thread to this time in 2008- you know when we were wining All Ireland's
Club championship was played at this time- round the 4th of July and next round 22nd of July or something like that Tyrone game in between.

The first post on this page very interesting- not much crying from Ardboe when their team's youngsters involved in big games over the same weekend.

Your wrong, second round wasn't played until after the all Ireland in 2008

clarshack

we played our 1st round game v clann na ngael in 2008 on the Friday night after the All-Ireland Final.

those championship games in July must have been between teams with no county players?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blackball on July 10, 2014, 11:39:12 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 10, 2014, 11:09:38 AM

Your wrong, second round wasn't played until after the all Ireland in 2008

Total balls, keep digging, how big is that hole now UL.

Quote from: Truegael26 on July 10, 2014, 12:12:01 AM

Agree with the lack of coverage reserve final gets, your right in saying that this game will be played at high intensity of intermediate championship games. Most players on both sides are more than capable of playing senior football and have done in the past. Think clonoes record in reserves might stand by them along with their experience but Ardboe will put it up to them and are craving some sort of success at senior level. Be good game and I'm going with Ardboe on league form.

The team Clonoe have been fielding in the res league bears no comparsion to their champsionship team. The other variable that has helped us, only one sub was used in the sen championship leaving the res team stronger.

NDA

2008 first round of c'ship played at start of July, next round played after All Ireland.
But look a lot has changed even since 2008.
Preparation of teams at all levels is more and more professional. Underage club teams now prepare better than senior county teams did 20 years ago. Coaches and players are educated about sports coaching, sports science, nutrition, S&C, Prehab, Rehab, recovery and all sorts.
Unfortunately Tyrone County Committee and CCC are stuck in the 1980s.
A massive clear out is needed. One or two individuals with new modern ideas won't change these boys. Instead they will shout them down and bully them until they walk away.
Tyrone football has got itself stuck in an out of date way of thinking. Other counties have moved with the times and are now miles ahead of us. The old guard need to stand aside..

hugh the root

NDA you are the most intelligent of people. Clear all the scrap out and you will find that good fortune will come back again to our county teams!      begin an action group now! Stop all club tyrone and Garvaghey payments and do not pay into club games until this is sorted . Hit Dommy Mc Caughey in the pocket as he is on a massive salary to tell lies and deceive the people.

blewuporstuffed

All this talk of clearing people out, revamps and all the rest, has anyone any actual practical ideas of how the fixtures/ structures can be improved?
Actual ,workable ideas?
Becuase untill you do, this is all just waffle
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either