Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Absolutely time to put the county first again

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 04, 2013, 08:07:41 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 04, 2013, 03:02:37 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 03, 2013, 08:58:42 PM
so where does this leave us in relation to next weekend?

I see tyronegaa website have the fri fixture down but sun fixture is still on.
The starred round of fixtures planned for Friday week are also off.
Why?

If they are starred surely they can go ahead?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: rrhf on August 04, 2013, 05:56:31 PM
Absolutely time to put the county first again

Absolutely ridiculous. Lads have rearranged work rotas and things to get Friday off next weekend, and now the games are off.

We've a lot of young players getting really fed up.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

NDA

We need to have a situation where county team is successful and club football also thrives. Shouldn't be county v club or people blaming Mickey Harte because he wants to look after his players. We need new people in fixtures that can plan things better. At present club football season only proceeds with any regularity if Tyrone are out of championship in June/July. New thinking needed. Why issue fixtures to clubs a few days ago which could only proceed if Tyrone were beat by Monaghan? Club v county conflict is created by incompetent administrators.

blewuporstuffed

i think most club players can live with the fact things need to be re-arranged around the county at times, but its the complete lack of communication thats an issue alot of the time, with players not knowing to less than a week in advance of the fixtures.
That is of no use to lads maybe travelling home from work in england/scotland, or trying to arrange weekend shifts around the football.
I cant understand why before every tyrone game, they cant give clubs a scenario A and scenario B, for tyrone winning and tyrone losing. at least there would be some sort of ability to plan ahead
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 05, 2013, 10:44:10 AM
Quote from: NDA on August 05, 2013, 12:12:58 AM
We need to have a situation where county team is successful and club football also thrives. Shouldn't be county v club or people blaming Mickey Harte because he wants to look after his players. We need new people in fixtures that can plan things better. At present club football season only proceeds with any regularity if Tyrone are out of championship in June/July. New thinking needed. Why issue fixtures to clubs a few days ago which could only proceed if Tyrone were beat by Monaghan? Club v county conflict is created by incompetent administrators.
It's going to need a major overhaul of club football structures I reckon. The current set up of 3 divisions was fine when the Ulster and All-Ireland Intercounty Championships was a straight knockout but is unworkable at present - the starred game system is a farce in a single round league and I can understand why Trillick didn't field against Clonoe over it.

Well we can't, they had two county minors and one senior missing, we were harder hit as we had one county minor and two senior players missing, baffledd to say the least. A case where we got both points, whereas if they had of come they had some chance of getting something from it, instead of nothing, never mind the fact it was a game of football for us all.

Radda bout yeee

Anybody any idea what the likely dates of the championship will be?

Radda bout yeee

I take it if Tyrone win the AISF there will be no club championship played until October?

if that is the case it would be ridiculous!!!!!

bigfrank

Anyone idea what the story is for next weekend regarding fixtures? Be a hell of a lot of players for the tenants vital festival wed-fri and then slane at the weekend,players would have tickets bought way in advance and with less than a week to go don't know where they stand..such a set up

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: bigfrank on August 10, 2013, 02:15:25 PM
Anyone idea what the story is for next weekend regarding fixtures? Be a hell of a lot of players for the tenants vital festival wed-fri and then slane at the weekend,players would have tickets bought way in advance and with less than a week to go don't know where they stand..such a set up

No fixtures next week due to tennants vital and slane!  ::)

bigfrank

stringbean

Confirmed earlier, round of starred fixtures this Saturday evening.  See their now up on the Tyrone GAA website.

wheres he takin er from

Going by Tyrone GAA website it looks like Carmel played dromore in garvaghey. Is that actually right. If so why?
First on the field and last to leave

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on August 12, 2013, 12:28:44 AM
Going by Tyrone GAA website it looks like Carmel played dromore in garvaghey. Is that actually right. If so why?

Did they not have to play their games against each other on neutral ground for a few seasons following the handlin 2 years back?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: stringbean on August 11, 2013, 07:22:52 PM
Confirmed earlier, round of starred fixtures this Saturday evening.  See their now up on the Tyrone GAA website.
Hearing rumours that there is another round of games the followings saturday as well.
Any chance of getting this confirmed one way or the other?
Im sure alot of club players would like to head to dublin for the weekend if there is no games.
The lack of communication is shocking at times