Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 10, 2014, 01:39:39 PM
All this talk of clearing people out, revamps and all the rest, has anyone any actual practical ideas of how the fixtures/ structures can be improved?
Actual ,workable ideas?
Becuase untill you do, this is all just waffle

X A Million.

Deadly men for giving out on here, no one can come up with any forward thinking solutions. Easy to say such have done this and that after the event over- they are doing the best they can under the current circumstances.

NDA

Personally I would give Garvaghey away as a prize in the half time draw in Omagh on Sunday.
A massive drain on money that the county can't afford. Bad site, badly designed, not fit for purpose with regards to coaching. An over the top office block with a few pitches on top of a mountain. It sums up the lack of regard for football and coaching. A symbol of everything that is wrong.

Knock Yer Mucker In

The solution has to be driven from Croke Park, and it has to be driven by our CB at congress and our representative's lobbying Croke Park. That is the main solution, but it will not dissolve responsibility of the CCC to do its best in the mean time. Now here is a question that the CCC could answer, but haven't, when is the next round of the senior championship, or maybe a better question is, please tell us what date it won't be played before.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on July 10, 2014, 02:02:13 PM
The solution has to be driven from Croke Park, and it has to be driven by our CB at congress and our representative's lobbying Croke Park. That is the main solution, but it will not dissolve responsibility of the CCC to do its best in the mean time. Now here is a question that the CCC could answer, but haven't, when is the next round of the senior championship, or maybe a better question is, please tell us what date it won't be played before.

Out of curiousty what date would you fix them for considering you have all the answers?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 10, 2014, 02:27:55 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on July 10, 2014, 02:02:13 PM

Out of curiousty what date would you fix them for considering you have all the answers?

Go ahead show me in my posts where I have the answers. I will enjoy this!!
To answer your question, considering that the first round is played, and that the date for the final in October, I would have fixed the next round for the start of September and the semi two weeks later.

Redhand Santa

Well you certainly expect other people to have answers. If Tyrone get beat in the next couple of weeks I'm sure people would want to see the championship start again earlier than September. Its a difficult one given the uncertainty. Its hard to see Tyrone being involved come September which probably makes it a little easier for setting fixtures.

blewuporstuffed

Where did you see that the final will be in October?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redhandloo

Quote from: NDA on July 10, 2014, 02:01:37 PM
Personally I would give Garvaghey away as a prize in the half time draw in Omagh on Sunday.
A massive drain on money that the county can't afford. Bad site, badly designed, not fit for purpose with regards to coaching. An over the top office block with a few pitches on top of a mountain. It sums up the lack of regard for football and coaching. A symbol of everything that is wrong.
Best post I have witnessed yet. We played a minor final last year in garvaghey. No shelter from the elements. The wind and rain made the game a lottery. Not fit for purpose.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 10, 2014, 02:52:04 PM
Well you certainly expect other people to have answers. If Tyrone get beat in the next couple of weeks I'm sure people would want to see the championship start again earlier than September. Its a difficult one given the uncertainty. Its hard to see Tyrone being involved come September which probably makes it a little easier for setting fixtures.

Cause its their fecking job to have answers, if they don't, get ta feck out and let someone else have a crack at it.

blewuporstuffed

All i am saying is , its the easiest thing in the world to criticise the way something is done, without offering any solutions what so ever as to a better way of how things can be improved.

I have actually seen the same posters on here complaining about:

*not enough club football
*too much club football
*the county football bringing the club football to a halt
*club football still being played during the county season and players getting injured
*too big of gaps between games
*not enough rest between games
*the championship being played too early
*the championship running on too late and the co champions having no time before the Ulster club campaign.

While some of the time there are genuine complaints and reasons for concern alot of it is whinging for the sake of it, grinding of a personal axe with individuals, or some bizarre chip on their shoulder that the whole world is against their club .

As i said , i have been as critical of some of these things as anyone in the past, not least the lack of communication of fixtures, but i really dont know how they can win sometimes when you listen to some posters on here
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blackball

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on July 10, 2014, 12:35:52 PM
Quote from: blackball on July 10, 2014, 11:39:12 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 10, 2014, 11:09:38 AM
Just had a look back on this thread to this time in 2008- you know when we were wining All Ireland's
Club championship was played at this time- round the 4th of July and next round 22nd of July or something like that Tyrone game in between.

The first post on this page very interesting- not much crying from Ardboe when their team's youngsters involved in big games over the same weekend.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=12.7755

Your wrong, second round wasn't played until after the all Ireland in 2008

Total balls, keep digging, how big is that hole now UL.

Quote from: Truegael26 on July 10, 2014, 12:12:01 AM

Agree with the lack of coverage reserve final gets, your right in saying that this game will be played at high intensity of intermediate championship games. Most players on both sides are more than capable of playing senior football and have done in the past. Think clonoes record in reserves might stand by them along with their experience but Ardboe will put it up to them and are craving some sort of success at senior level. Be good game and I'm going with Ardboe on league form.

The team Clonoe have been fielding in the res league bears no comparsion to their champsionship team. The other variable that has helped us, only one sub was used in the sen championship leaving the res team stronger.

Will Benny Hurls dog be fit to play for Ardboe reserves? or was he used up in the senior championship?

winghalfback

Imagine how the hurlers feel they also could complain about all these issues and more. Maybe hurling doesn't matter in Tyrone.

hugh the root

NDA you are a fecking class act. Younhave the balls to say it is a shambles from Garvaghey down!

Under Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 10, 2014, 03:26:39 PM
All i am saying is , its the easiest thing in the world to criticise the way something is done, without offering any solutions what so ever as to a better way of how things can be improved.

I have actually seen the same posters on here complaining about:

*not enough club football
*too much club football
*the county football bringing the club football to a halt
*club football still being played during the county season and players getting injured
*too big of gaps between games
*not enough rest between games
*the championship being played too early
*the championship running on too late and the co champions having no time before the Ulster club campaign.

While some of the time there are genuine complaints and reasons for concern alot of it is whinging for the sake of it, grinding of a personal axe with individuals, or some bizarre chip on their shoulder that the whole world is against their club .

As i said , i have been as critical of some of these things as anyone in the past, not least the lack of communication of fixtures, but i really dont know how they can win sometimes when you listen to some posters on here

That was all the same poster too lol. Fantastic post.

twenty one yard free

Under lights/petsy time you and all the rest of them Crowd of Corrupt Clowns are heading down the A5 never to return :)