Lions 2009 thread

Started by Hound, February 12, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

At least he made up for it there! Great run by BOD, there's the partnership with him and Roberts showing up well again.

gallsman

Quote from: Schkite on June 20, 2009, 02:31:17 PM
At least he made up for it there! Great run by BOD, there's the partnership with him and Roberts showing up well again.

Hmmm, I'll give him the benefit. I could have finished that one off! Bit of redemption for Jones in there too.

Schkite

Aye in fairness it was more about the build up and it was a stupid tackle before. Good for Jones to get his first kick over at last.

gallsman

Bit of a harsh call on the crossing there, no?

Main Street

It's not on terrestial tv at any time, not even the highlights.
That a bit of a damp squib on the Lions strike for glory.

ah well, back to the gardening.

screenexile

If Lions can stay away from the set piece we can win this thing I think. From open play the Boks are struggling to cope with O'Driscoll and Roberts.

God the lineout and scrum are getting destroyed though.

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2009, 02:38:42 PM
If Lions can stay away from the set piece we can win this thing I think. From open play the Boks are struggling to cope with O'Driscoll and Roberts.

SA are very good in the scrum. The beast is eating them.

gallsman

Quote from: orangeman on June 20, 2009, 02:41:29 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2009, 02:38:42 PM

SA are very good in the scrum. The beast is eating them.

Vickery has to go at half time. That's three or four now.

Schkite

Kearney on for Byrne. Get Vickery off to fcuk.

slow corner back

gallsman

What happened there? Was that the ref saying "sorry"? Was he apologising for blowing for no reason?

orangeman

Quote from: gallsman on June 20, 2009, 02:47:48 PM
What happened there? Was that the ref saying "sorry"? Was he apologising for blowing for no reason?

Lions were in posession and were away but he didn't allow advantage and apologised. You wouldn't get a gaa ref to ever say he was wrong.

Gnevin

Quote from: gallsman on June 20, 2009, 02:47:48 PM

Yeah he blew for the ball being out when it wasn't
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tyroneboi

Apologising for not playing the advantage.

The one time Roberts gets his hands on the ball the Lions scored a try. Get the f**king ball to him and BOD. Scrum is getting hammered out there. Still in the game but first score is crucial. The 2 missed kicks from Jones could be crucial, he should definitely have got the 2nd one he missed and the 1st was difficult to be fair.

gallsman

Quote from: tyroneboi on June 20, 2009, 02:54:01 PM
Apologising for not playing the advantage.

The one time Roberts gets his hands on the ball the Lions scored a try. Get the f**king ball to him and BOD. Scrum is getting hammered out there. Still in the game but first score is crucial. The 2 missed kicks from Jones could be crucial, he should definitely have got the 2nd one he missed and the 1st was difficult to be fair.

Fair enough he apologised, but the advantage is a crucial and long standing part of the game. How on earth can a top level ref make that call?