The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

I don't know how to feel about this situation anymore.  The manager is spineless, gutless, powerless and totally inept at the job he has been graced.  The media is spinning hard for him but he has lost it and I personally believe that this will be his last job in football as I cannot see him coming out with any credit left.  Bingo is right, there is not a top 4 squad yet but there is a squad with the right guidance who should be touching the top 6 and not 3 points off relegation.  He has been the steward of the worst run for Liverpool since before Shanklys time.  While I do believe the owners are being careful in what they are doing, ie that they are looking for a new manager, there needs to be something done in the short term before the club really gets locked into a relegation fight because if they do I fear that there is a really big chance they will go down. 

The owners have been conspicious in not backing him publically as have the players but the reality is that if Bolton beat them at the weekend, and there is a possibility that will happen.  By the time Liverpool play Blackburn away they could conceiveably be in the bottom 3.  5 points above the bottom of the table is not where Liverpool should be with the players that are there so it is vital that the decision is made now to move him on and bring Kenny in short term with a clear mandate to save the season.  I think it will happen.

Denn Forever

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 31, 2010, 03:30:30 PM
I don't know how to feel about this situation anymore.  The manager is spineless, gutless, powerless and totally inept at the job he has been graced.  The media is spinning hard for him but he has lost it and I personally believe that this will be his last job in football as I cannot see him coming out with any credit left.   Bingo is right, there is not a top 4 squad yet but there is a squad with the right guidance who should be touching the top 6 and not 3 points off relegation.  He has been the steward of the worst run for Liverpool since before Shanklys time.  While I do believe the owners are being careful in what they are doing, ie that they are looking for a new manager, there needs to be something done in the short term before the club really gets locked into a relegation fight because if they do I fear that there is a really big chance they will go down. 

The owners have been conspicious in not backing him publically as have the players but the reality is that if Bolton beat them at the weekend, and there is a possibility that will happen.  By the time Liverpool play Blackburn away they could conceiveably be in the bottom 3.  5 points above the bottom of the table is not where Liverpool should be with the players that are there so it is vital that the decision is made now to move him on and bring Kenny in short term with a clear mandate to save the season.  I think it will happen.

Did he not leave Blackburn with a similar cloud over him? 

Can you see anybody wanting to take over?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

WaterBoy

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 31, 2010, 03:45:28 PM
I don't know how to feel about this situation anymore.  The manager is spineless, gutless, powerless and totally inept at the job he has been graced.  The media is spinning hard for him but he has lost it and I personally believe that this will be his last job in football as I cannot see him coming out with any credit left.   Bingo is right, there is not a top 4 squad yet but there is a squad with the right guidance who should be touching the top 6 and not 3 points off relegation.  He has been the steward of the worst run for Liverpool since before Shanklys time.  While I do believe the owners are being careful in what they are doing, ie that they are looking for a new manager, there needs to be something done in the short term before the club really gets locked into a relegation fight because if they do I fear that there is a really big chance they will go down. 

Are you serious? loads of managers would walk to Anfield barefoot for the job
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 31, 2010, 03:45:28 PM

3 points from the relegation zone or not it's still the Liverpool managers job. There would be no shortage of interest.

I do feel a bit sorry for Hodgson. He's a leftover of the previous American regime and hasn't been able to shake that stench off him. The only way to do it is to win matches and he hasn't been doing that near enough. A manager at Liverpool needs to connect with the support perhaps more than at any other club in England and he just hasn't been able to do that. His attitude has been defeatist and he just hasn't acted how the fans expect a Liverpool manager to act. For any of his faults the fans felt Benitez always stood up for the club while Hodgson talks down his own team and talks up the opposition. He's like a walking wet blanket.

ross4life

Quote from: Bingo on December 31, 2010, 03:09:36 PM

Roy is massively out of his depth and clueless. Or rafa done brillantly last year and a load of his haters need to give him some credit.

This time last year liverpool where out of the Champions league,league cup & 7th in league on 27pts maybe you meant 2 years ago?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on December 31, 2010, 04:22:40 PM
Quote from: Bingo on December 31, 2010, 03:09:36 PM

Roy is massively out of his depth and clueless. Or rafa done brillantly last year and a load of his haters need to give him some credit.

This time last year liverpool where out of the Champions league,league cup & 7th in league on
maybe you meant 2 years ago?

Whoossshhhh
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minus15

Everything Roy has been coming out with the last couple of days just shows how much he is on his last legs as Liverpool manager. His backtracking just amounts to pure desperation to keep the job but he is very much on borrowed time now. I have no doubt from what we hear and don't hear at the minute that he will be replaced. It is vital that the next appointment is a good one and taking the time to get the right man may well be the best option. After all the Americans have limited knowledge of European football.

Bringing Kenny in on the short term could be a good move but should he do well and the owners are set on appointing someone else this could cause problems down the road so we may have to wait for an appointment. Whilst I hope we see something sooner rather than later, getting rid of Roy is the easy decision. Replacing him is the difficult one.

Eddie Stobart

This current Liverpool squad is more than good enough to be competing higher up the table,its crazy to suggest otherwise IMO.
They have more than enough talent there to be at least challenging for 4th spot.
It is obvious to me as a outsider anyways that the players have no faith in Hogdson and it wouldn't matter what players they brought in under his management this Liverpool team is going nowhere but downwards.
I'd have no fear that with a manager that the players believe in that Liverpool squad would not need that much changing about to get them back up to the Top 4,it would need a bit more to get back to be in a title race but I'm sure most Liverpool fans would settle for a Top 4 finish to start with!

Gabriel_Hurl

From the Times

"The club's owner, Fenway Sports Group (FSG), determined that he [Roy] is not the man to take the club forward.

EagleLord

Crunch time today. Its weird, half having the feeling that I want to see my team lose. Because if Liverpool lose today, then Woy will get the boot.

Minus15

I think that Roy is pretty much going to leave regardless of results. That decision has probably been made.

King Kenny

Gerrard left on the bench today.  Agger, Aurelio and Maxi back in.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EagleLord on January 01, 2011, 01:30:50 PM
Crunch time today. Its weird, half having the feeling that I want to see my team lose. Because if Liverpool lose today, then Woy will get the boot.

Cannot understand that at all!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

I SHOT JR

I agree, i think Roy is a goner to be honest.  Results have been poor and the football is shocking.  Just don't know who'll replace him though if he does go.  Kenny can't be a long term fix

RealSpiritof98