The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Anyone else think Downing was brutal yesterday and has offered nothing as of yet?

Thought Lucas and Enrique were class yesterday.  It was an exciting game but it was like a local 5 a side game at times.  I think Liverpool showed that if you get stuck into City and dont give them time on ball you will get at them.  Suarez needs someone playing along side him.  IMO would have stuck Carroll on earlier for Kuyt.

tommysmith

Quote from: Joxer on November 28, 2011, 11:38:47 AM
Anyone else think Downing was brutal yesterday and has offered nothing as of yet?

Is it true he has no goals and no assists yet?

Bingo

Quote from: tommysmith on November 28, 2011, 11:53:41 AM

I think its right, certainly no goals. Looked very likely in the early games, can remember him hitting the crossbar, struggling to remember any assists either.

AZOffaly

I think I heard Ken Earley say that last week alright. no goals and no assists. Not good for a wide man, but I think he'll be fine. As Harry Enfield would say 'calm down, calm down'.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: tommysmith on November 28, 2011, 11:53:41 AM

Yeah none of either yet and he got 7 goals and 9 assists for Villa last season. Hasn't played that badly in a lot of the games but definitely needs to start producing a bit more closer to goal. Hit the bar with a cracking shot against Sunderland on the first day of the season. Maybe if that had gone in he would have been up and running but it hasn't quite happened for him yet. I wouldn't mind but he's actually got a couple of assists for England recently.

supersub

Thought Lucas and Enrique were class yesterday.  It was an exciting game but it was like a local 5 a side game at times.  I think Liverpool showed that if you get stuck into City and dont give them time on ball you will get at them.  Suarez needs someone playing along side him.  IMO would have stuck Carroll on earlier for Kuyt.

Thought downing was ok, better than in some other games this season that's for sure. Think Enrique has been one of our best buys of recent times in terms of filling a position and making it is own. His strength, speed and direct running is a powerful asset, plus he can defend too!!! I would be more dissapointed in Henderson, he has yet to produce at all, not sure where is best to play him either with Adam and Lucas there.

blewuporstuffed

Downing was quiet i thought and has been dissapointing overall since he joined,but i thought henderson was very poor yesterday.first half completly passed him by and did as many bad things as good in the second.
Lucas and adam were both excellent,lucas is prob one of the best CM in the premier league at the minute on form. A great disply yest agains a strong city midfeild
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

laoislad

Quote from: supersub on November 28, 2011, 01:15:36 PM

Thought downing was ok, better than in some other games this season that's for sure. Think Enrique has been one of our best buys of recent times in terms of filling a position and making it is own. His strength, speed and direct running is a powerful asset, plus he can defend too!!! I would be more dissapointed in Henderson, he has yet to produce at all, not sure where is best to play him either with Adam and Lucas there.

I'm actually a fan of Hendo and think he will turn out to be a great buy for us.
He has shown glimpses of what he can do in certain matches,like when he came on v Manure and with time I think he will be excellent.
I agree re Downing,he has been very poor.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Carmen Stateside

Downing had his best game yesterday for Liverpool imo.  He worked his socks off and wanted to get at the full back every chance yesterday.  Thought him and Enrique combined very well, he could have done better with his chance at the volley in fairness but if Bellamy had have been available would Downing even have started?
Agree about Henderson, going to be a great player, yesterday he showed a great touch, quick feet and massive lungs! He seemed to be popping up everywhere along with Lucas and Adam hounding at Citys mid fielders.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: EC Unique on November 28, 2011, 02:56:25 PM

I agree EC, Kompany should have got his second yellow there.  Ref very easy on Citys back four, each one had a kick or two at Suarez throughout the game.  Refs seem to have forgot that the rule is you cant tackle from behind, if you come through a man and win the ball its still a free.  Anytime it happens to Suarez the ref points at the ball and waves play on.

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on November 28, 2011, 03:27:03 PM
I'm actually a fan of Hendo and think he will turn out to be a great buy for us.
He has shown glimpses of what he can do in certain matches,like when he came on v Manure and with time I think he will be excellent.
I agree re Downing,he has been very poor.
I'm a fan of Henderson too. Buckets of ability, especially in the passing sense. Can be a bit lacksadasical at times.

I thought Downing was great in the first couple of games, but has gone downhill since. Needs a goal - he has hit the woodwork 3 times. Was a bit better yesterday, being dropped did no harm.

I was delighted it was Kuyt who was taken off yesterday, rather than either of the above.

muppet

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 28, 2011, 04:04:21 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 28, 2011, 02:56:25 PM

I agree EC, Kompany should have got his second yellow there.  Ref very easy on Citys back four, each one had a kick or two at Suarez throughout the game.  Refs seem to have forgot that the rule is you cant tackle from behind, if you come through a man and win the ball its still a free.  Anytime it happens to Suarez the ref points at the ball and waves play on.

I didn't see the match, so don't know any context, but that video is not definitely a card against Kompany. In fact watching Suarez's studs and subsequent roll it could easily be two cards the other way.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I think Carmen knows that Muppet.

GalwayBayBoy

Carling Cup team

Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Coates, Enrique, Rodriguez, Henderson, Lucas, Spearing, Bellamy, Carroll