The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 28, 2009, 10:40:53 PM

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 10:17:37 PM
People say he is too conservative but a look through United's stats shows that Ferguson has also took off attacking players for more conservative when leading narrowly. (Villa, Middlesborough and Wigan).

Yeah but Slur Alex also throws on players to try and win a match when behind or drawing with ten minutes to go..

Well Raf has done simliar really. There has been a few exceptions , Stoke and I am sure a few of them draw against Fulham and West Ham.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 10:44:38 PM

People say he is too conservative but a look through United's stats shows that Ferguson has also took off attacking players for more conservative when leading narrowly. (Villa, Middlesborough and Wigan).

Yeah but Slur Alex also throws on players to try and win a match when behind or drawing with ten minutes to go..

Well Raf has done simliar really. There has been a few exceptions , Stoke and I am sure a few of them draw against Fulham and West Ham.
So you disagree with me then give me reasons why I might be right  :D
Throw Hull City and Arsenal into that lot and we are seeing a fairly familiar pattern emerging
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

If Rafa puts on a striker it's usually at the expense of another striker or another forward oriented player.

If they need a goal Ferguson will often throw in one even two strikers but he won't haul off whatever forward they already have on the pitch. And it works more often than not.

He goes for it all out. Rafa doesn't. Too scared to risk one point by going for all three.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 28, 2009, 10:47:58 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 10:44:38 PM

So you disagree with me then give me reasons why I might be right  :D
Throw Hull City and Arsenal into that lot and we are seeing a fairly familiar pattern emerging

To be honest I don't know what the f**k I am saying, Rafa will be gone in the summer and it looks like the majority of fans will be happy - I won't be.

Armamike

QuoteI think if Rafa goes we will be set back another few years. People say he is not good enough to win the Premier League, I disagree. A stupiud tackle, bad marking etc can't really be levelled at the manager. Indivisual errors have cost us dearly. But my belief that he can win it is dwindling, I'll admit that.

Corn, I agree getting rid of Rafa would set us back. I just hope he has the ability to learn from nights like tonight.  

Over the past 15 years we've seen managers at Liverpool 'hit the wall' after about 4 years. I really hope this isn't the case with Benitez.

With the likes of Kuyt and others - they get jumped on because people are looking at their performances over a number of games, not just one cameo appearance where they misplace a pass.
That's just, like your opinion man.

corn02

Quote from: Armamike on January 28, 2009, 10:56:49 PM
QuoteI think if Rafa goes we will be set back another few years. People say he is not good enough to win the Premier League, I disagree. A stupiud tackle, bad marking etc can't really be levelled at the manager. Indivisual errors have cost us dearly. But my belief that he can win it is dwindling, I'll admit that.

Corn, I agree getting rid of Rafa would set us back. I just hope he has the ability to learn from nights like tonight.  

Over the past 15 years we've seen managers at Liverpool 'hit the wall' after about 4 years. I really hope this isn't the case with Benitez.

With the likes of Kuyt and others - they get jumped on because people are looking at their performances over a number of games, not just one cameo appearance where they misplace a pass.

Yesa fair enough, but over the entire season, first half included, Kuyt has probably been in the top half of performers.

I hope he can learn too, but the way things are going, I wouldn;t bet on it. Most exciting season for us in a long time, also the most depressing.

BC summed it up for me - two points off the lead going into February would usually have us bouncing. Instead we are in the pits.

stiffler

Games over, time to move on and (hopefully) learn from mistakes made.

Utd to get beat and the weekend, and keane to score the winner against the chavs on sunday.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

corn02

Quote from: stiffler on January 28, 2009, 11:03:16 PM

Utd to get beat and the weekend, and keane to score the winner against the chavs on sunday.

;D

As I said, Keane's reaction shows me a man that is going to bring the fight!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Armamike on January 28, 2009, 10:56:49 PM

I dunno. He just keeps repeating the same mistakes and never seems to learn from them.

Go 1-0 up then with 20 minutes to go takes off a forward for a midfielder. Sit back and opposition comes back into the game. All it takes is one lucky break in the box for them and it's 1-1. Game over. Repeat ad infinitum.

corn02

There is something that bothers me.

Does the Daily Mirror and lfc.tv have a thing for Gerrad. LFC.tv gave him MOTM and the Mirror will tomorrow as usual. Did anyone else think he was terrible in the second?

Honestly weould have had Skrtly, Masch, Lucas (until THAT moment) and Yos ahead of him.

stiffler

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 11:06:50 PM

Does the Daily Mirror and lfc.tv have a thing for Gerrad. LFC.tv gave him MOTM and the Mirror will tomorrow as usual. Did anyone else think he was terrible in the second?

Honestly weould have had Skrtly, Masch, Lucas (until THAT moment) and Yos ahead of him.

Never seent the game Corn, what was the moment, did he give away the pen?

The Real Laoislad

To be honest corn if thats the only thing we had to be worried about regarding Liverpool FC the world would be a great place  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: stiffler on January 28, 2009, 11:10:34 PM

Yeah, was playing very well I must say, but then showed why he gets so much abuse. A stupid trip in the box when we were crusing it.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 28, 2009, 11:11:34 PM

To be honest corn if thats the only thing we had to be worried about regarding Liverpool FC the world would be a great place  :D

Ture, true.  :)

stiffler

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 11:14:00 PM
Quote from: stiffler on January 28, 2009, 11:10:34 PM

Yeah, was playing very well I must say, but then showed why he gets so much abuse. A stupid trip in the box when we were crusing it.

f**k sake, him and benayoun (foul v everton) have been doing themselves no favours the last while.