TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: lurganblue on October 20, 2021, 10:03:49 AM
Quote from: maddog on October 20, 2021, 09:44:27 AM
Surely if there was ever a show that tore the ass out of it then it has to be "the walking dead"

Threw in the towel myself.  Couldnt live the the monologues.  It had the feel of a show that didnt know where it was going.

I thought it had the opposite problem. It knew exactly where it was going. Over and over again.  Look here! Here's a place we can make a community, all we need is to fence off the zombies. Oh no, bad guys want to destroy us.  Let's have Rick make a terrible leadership decision that will result in more of us dying, and having to start over.

maddog

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on October 21, 2021, 02:20:23 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on October 20, 2021, 10:03:49 AM
Quote from: maddog on October 20, 2021, 09:44:27 AM
Surely if there was ever a show that tore the ass out of it then it has to be "the walking dead"

Threw in the towel myself.  Couldnt live the the monologues.  It had the feel of a show that didnt know where it was going.

I thought it had the opposite problem. It knew exactly where it was going. Over and over again.  Look here! Here's a place we can make a community, all we need is to fence off the zombies. Oh no, bad guys want to destroy us.  Let's have Rick make a terrible leadership decision that will result in more of us dying, and having to start over.

Or as a mate of mine that ditched it quite early on called the show "open the gate, close the gate, open the gate, close the gate". An entire season went on like that.

imtommygunn

I have just started watching a bit of the last season. I'm interested in how they finish it but from being a great show it really did die a death. There were some great series of it though - the guvnor and Negan were great villains.

bennydorano

US Comedy on BBC iplayer called Dave about a Jewish wannabe Rapper, watched first 4 episodes and it's had some serious big belly laughs (plus some mediocrity), but pretty good

Taylor

Just finished the latest series of Billions - great show however the ending left me a bit meh

tbrick18

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 21, 2021, 09:10:15 AM
I have just started watching a bit of the last season. I'm interested in how they finish it but from being a great show it really did die a death. There were some great series of it though - the guvnor and Negan were great villains.

Negan was brilliant.
It did lose its way a bit, but I stuck with it. This final season is just ok.
A bit of a poor villain I thought. Just interested to see how they finish it off really.

I just watched a short series on IPlayer, The Cleaner with Greg Davies. It was really good.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 21, 2021, 11:34:13 AM

Negan was brilliant.
A bit of a poor villain I thought. Just interested to see how they finish it off really.

I just watched a short series on IPlayer, The Cleaner with Greg Davies. It was really good.

Its crazy how we view things, anything he's in or on I turn over, just don't get his style
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2021, 12:54:40 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on October 21, 2021, 11:34:13 AM

Negan was brilliant.

Its crazy how we view things, anything he's in or on I turn over, just don't get his style

+1. He's stealing a living.

quit yo jibbajabba

Plus 2.
Add corden and clarkson and ramsey to that though hes not in the same league as these 3 tbf

JPGJOHNNYG

I thought man down was really good and taskmaster is a laugh just to defend Greg a bit

Taylor

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 21, 2021, 01:12:36 PM
Plus 2.
Add corden and clarkson and ramsey to that though hes not in the same league as these 3 tbf

Really enjoyed Clarkson's Farming show on Prime.

Corden is an absolute twat

quit yo jibbajabba

Heard good reports about that tbf...maybe if he werent in it i could watch 😃😉

BennyCake

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 21, 2021, 01:24:55 PM
I thought man down was really good and taskmaster is a laugh just to defend Greg a bit

Man Down has its moments. It was missing that bit of spark after Rik Mayall died though

I thought Taskmaster was Rubbish

Rudi

Dexter was mighty all together. Looking forward to the nest season, hope it won't jump the shark.

Milltown Row2

Started You last night on Netflix, decent start
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea