Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: bogball88 on April 10, 2013, 09:50:06 AM
With Tyrone playing this weekend in league semis, club league football has been pushed back to next weekend. If Tyrone beat Kildare i take it will be round 1 of the starred fixtures to be played or anyone know what the story what day games will be played?

I think if Tyrone win, the first of the starred fixtures gets rolled out.

Tyrone lose, and it's standard round one fixture.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

Quote from: Man Marker on April 10, 2013, 10:29:55 AM
Quote from: Quarterback on April 10, 2013, 08:10:10 AM
Michael Murphy has decided to pull out of the Tyrone Senior panel and concentrate on playing with the Club.  Seemingly he informed Harte Monday evening.  I guess watching the Cavanagh brothers getting cleaned out against Kerry was the final straw.  Great to have him back for the club.

As I said in another thread how brother Colm got staying on the pitch on Sunday was incredible, in a position where you can get ball easily from defense without being pressurised, and for him to have barely touched the ball never mind his primary role of ball winning. What does Mickey see him in

There were a lot more than Colm could have went. Mickey could only use 6 subs and had other holes which needed plugging.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 10, 2013, 12:04:15 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on April 10, 2013, 09:50:06 AM
With Tyrone playing this weekend in league semis, club league football has been pushed back to next weekend. If Tyrone beat Kildare i take it will be round 1 of the starred fixtures to be played or anyone know what the story what day games will be played?

I think if Tyrone win, the first of the starred fixtures gets rolled out.

Tyrone lose, and it's standard round one fixture.
where are you getting this from Norf?
ive heard several different versions fo events for the start of the league.
Is it too much to ask to give the clubs a firm answer of who & when the first game will definatly be?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

Ill be honest, I didn't get it from anywhere.

It just appears to be the consensus from who I talk to. 

stringbean

As far as I've heard it's round 1 fixtures (i.e not starred) on the Friday night or Saturday afternoon with the reasoning being that county players will be eligible as if Tyrone win, the club fixtures will be played more than 7 days before the county game.

Complete farce that there's such confusion over the issue, as usual it's case of the tail wagging the dog!

Redhand Santa

Michael Murphy has decided to pull out of the Tyrone Senior panel and concentrate on playing with the Club.  Seemingly he informed Harte Monday evening.  I guess watching the Cavanagh brothers getting cleaned out against Kerry was the final straw.  Great to have him back for the club.

As I said in another thread how brother Colm got staying on the pitch on Sunday was incredible, in a position where you can get ball easily from defense without being pressurised, and for him to have barely touched the ball never mind his primary role of ball winning. What does Mickey see him in

Tyrone have won 5 from 7 games in the top division with him playing midfield in most of them.  Did you comment after those games? He was part of the 08 winning team and scored the last point in the final. Joe Kernan had him in his Ulster team when fit last year. He played on an All Ireland minor winning team and u21 ulster winning team, started for Jordanstown too. More than just Harte that see's something in him. I'm not convinced he's a top intercounty midfielder but Tyrone have very limited options here and he does put in a lot of work.

Over the top criticism  - he wasn't the worst on Sunday. Strange calling him brother Colm too.

LeoMc

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 10, 2013, 08:57:32 PM

Tyrone have won 5 from 7 games in the top division with him playing midfield in most of them.  Did you comment after those games? He was part of the 08 winning team and scored the last point in the final. Joe Kernan had him in his Ulster team when fit last year. He played on an All Ireland minor winning team and u21 ulster winning team, started for Jordanstown too. More than just Harte that see's something in him. I'm not convinced he's a top intercounty midfielder but Tyrone have very limited options here and he does put in a lot of work.

Over the top criticism  - he wasn't the worst on Sunday. Strange calling him brother Colm too.
It's just a his way on insinuating a reason for a player being on the team. Surprised he isn't talking about Nephew having a bad game again.

Man Marker

No it's not my reason on Colm, it certainly is with the nephew. Just think Colm is not county standard. I think that if I played in the same amount of games as Colm has gotten I could play the odd good game like he does. The nephew is good enough but needs to taken off when not producing it. If the nephew wasn't the nephew he would have been.

UGAAWA

The week has started well for Stephen O'Neill and he hopes it will end well also. That would mean a Tyrone victory over Kildare in Saturday's Allianz National Football League semi-final, at Croke Park, but the Red Hand 'striker' is not counting his chickens just yet.
Yesterday, O'Neill was named the Ulster GAA Writers' Merit Award winner for March, a timely boost after Tyrone's narrow defeat by Kerry, at Healy Park in Omagh on Sunday, and a boost heading towards the second clash of the season with Kildare.
"We beat Kildare handy enough when we met in the play-for-points round of the league down there but that doesn't give us any upper-hand for the semi-final," insists Stephen whose goal was taken with coolness and precision against Kerry. It was a goal of the 'golden' variety that gave Tyrone a launching pad for their amazing comeback.
"When we met Kildare in Division Two season we beat them but then, when we met them again in the divisional final, they beat us. That's worth remembering. Just because we have already had a win against them doesn't give us any ideas that we should repeat that victory," he warns.
Whatever about the outcome, O'Neill welcomes the semi-final place and he welcomes a return to Croke Park.
"It is the place everyone wants to play in," he says. "Even if the stands were empty I would still regard playing in Croke Park with relish.
"Also, this is another game for us before our championship clash with the reigning All-Ireland champions (Donegal) and, hopefully, we will have another game in the league final. The extras matches are very important in the lead-up to the championship.
"I'm sure that Donegal will be sitting back analysing us against Kildare and also if we get to the final. Of course, there is not much we don't know about each other, at this stage. But first things first and it is Kildare that we are concentrating on this week.
"They may have lost on Sunday last and we may have beaten them already in the league but that makes no difference. They will be difficult to beat and we have got to be at our best, not like the way we played in first half against Kerry."
With the closing stages of the National Football and Hurling Leagues, club and colleagues' championships, camogie and ladies' football activity plus the closing stages in the O'Neill's All-Ireland 40x20 Handball Championships all on the menu last month, there was a lot of choice for the UGAAWA Merit Award.
However, the contributions that Stephen O'Neill made to bringing Tyrone to the league semi-finals and the way that he eases his younger forward colleagues into the senior side gave him the edge over the likes of goalkeeper Niall Morgan and Monaghan's Conor McManus, with strong claims also from Michael Murphy and Neil McManus.
"It is brilliant to be selected the winner for March with so much activity during the month and I thank the Ulster GAA Writers for granting me the honour," said Stephen when receiving the award at a function in Quinn's Corner. It is his fifth time to be named the winner since his first for January 2005.
The 32-year-old Killyclogher schoolteacher receives an inscribed Belleek Living Vase, hand crafted silver cuff links from Omeath jeweller Garrett Mallon, training gear from O'Neill's International Sports and a sports voucher from the UGAAWA as his award. He will also get two tickets and overnight accommodation for the writers' 26th annual banquet next November.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: stringbean on April 10, 2013, 08:38:09 PM
As far as I've heard it's round 1 fixtures (i.e not starred) on the Friday night or Saturday afternoon with the reasoning being that county players will be eligible as if Tyrone win, the club fixtures will be played more than 7 days before the county game.

Complete farce that there's such confusion over the issue, as usual it's case of the tail wagging the dog!
why are clubs being kept in the dark about this.
surly it would make sense to say if tyrone win its senario A, if they lose senario B.
At least everyone would know whats happening 10 dasy before the league kicks off (or less if they go with the fri or sat fixtures)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stringbean

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 11, 2013, 04:21:43 PM
Quote from: stringbean on April 10, 2013, 08:38:09 PM

why are clubs being kept in the dark about this.
surly it would make sense to say if tyrone win its senario A, if they lose senario B.
At least everyone would know whats happening 10 dasy before the league kicks off (or less if they go with the fri or sat fixtures)

Completely agree, it's not overly difficult being up front with clubs. Just fed up with the disgusting way clubs are treated in Tyrone!

Norf Tyrone

Fionn, try Rois for the crests.
She might be able to get copies from the ones that were sent on for Garvaghey.

SuperHo

Thanks for the link but div 1 seems to start at round 2??

bigfrank

Anyone else hear league games start this sat instead on sunday? Just see galbally have posted about their game being on sat,maybe theres has just been changed..

Christmas Lights

Quote from: bigfrank on April 14, 2013, 02:25:38 PM
Anyone else hear league games start this sat instead on sunday? Just see galbally have posted about their game being on sat,maybe theres has just been changed..

I heard all games on Sunday