Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Interestingly Tommy was named in the original panel first circulated in the press, but omitted when MH clarified / revised the matter a few days later on Tyronegaa.ie

God14

Where's the best coverage of all yesterday's club action? Like team sheets and scorer's and the likes

LeoMc

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 22, 2013, 02:56:50 PM
I see Tommy Canavan scored 8 points at the weekend for Errigal.
Would he be any where near county standard yet?

He didn't make the u-21 team, coming on as a sub to the  team beat in the first round.
He would have been CHF 3 years earlier.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: LeoMc on April 22, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

He didn't make the u-21 team, coming on as a sub to the  team beat in the first round.

That means nothing that. under current u-21 management we have majorly underachieved with some very good sides going through the system without any silverware. Tommy is a good player. massive talent
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on April 22, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

He was carrying an ankle injury at the time. He is turning into a class act. I would expect Mickey to come knocking soon but hopefully not too soon..

The Beard

All very quiet for first round of the league. Wasnt at our league game this week and due to work commitments this year wont be at too many this year. When i am though, il try to write q quick report. any chance some of the other club men on here could write one on each of their games? nothing major, just scorers and top performers etc for those of us who arent getting to too many games?

Legoman5

One round over and wat a shock! Eglish winning in carrickmore and well worthy of it albeit a carmen side missing Conor Gormley but going by reports I don't tink he wuda completly changed the outcome of the game!
Dromore kick of with a good home win clonoe with no love lost between the side with ricey gettin some attention!
Coalisland continue there impressive league from last year with a result against a much improved trillick side!!
County champs errigal sound good but without Petey Harte are they relying on T.Canavan to much?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Legoman5 on April 23, 2013, 11:22:06 PM
One round over and wat a shock! Eglish winning in carrickmore and well worthy of it albeit a carmen side missing Conor Gormley but going by reports I don't tink he wuda completly changed the outcome of the game!
Dromore kick of with a good home win clonoe with no love lost between the side with ricey gettin some attention!
Coalisland continue there impressive league from last year with a result against a much improved trillick side!!
County champs errigal sound good but without Petey Harte are they relying on T.Canavan to much?

Tommy Canavan will be on the Tyrone panel before the start of the championship.  Good player.

What attention did Ricey get?

everymanaman

I see that Martin Penrose was substituted last Sunday forbCmore. How did he take that?

trileacman

Quote from: everymanaman on April 27, 2013, 06:24:43 PM
I see that Martin Penrose was substituted last Sunday forbCmore. How did he take that?

Shat in the managers kitbag.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

bigfrank

Anyone a link to joe brollys column,the one he mentioned niall morgan eating himself if he was a bar of chocolate?

matchfit

Irish mail on Sunday yesterday. Brolly wasn't knocking Morgan, instead bragged him so much it was unbelievable. And not even as a goalkeeper as the best forward option available to MH apart from SON. He claimed Morgan was simply unmarkable in Tyrone club football and is basically wasted in nets.

Now, without being disrespected to Morgan because I think hes a great addition to the county team I honestly don't think brolly has called this right. He is definitely useful outfield but I disagree with him being better than any other forward in club football.

Anyone else read it?

blewuporstuffed

he actually played at midfeild last year for edendork AFAIK
decent outfeild player as well, but would he make the tyrone squad other than a goalkeeper? NO
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rrhf

Good God no, Morgan stays in goals.

sam03/05

saw him a fair few times outfield.
would not make the Tyrone senior squad as an outfield player.
Brolly way off the mark on that one.

class Keeper though and his Edendork colleague is also a cracking keeper as well.