Drugs in UK sports....

Started by muppet, June 09, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Brailsford sounds like a man who is beginning to crack.

It's an intriguing story and sounds very shady. Simon Cope should be the man to clarify what went on, but according to his wiki page "In January 2015, he was named as the directeur sportif of the new UCI Continental level team, WIGGINS." That's the team founded by Sir Bradley Wiggins obviously so that makes things even trickier.

With such strong links between British Cycling and Team Sky, every Olympic Cycling medal won at the last 2 Olympics by the Brits is also tainted by what's been revealed. It's all pretty hilarious when you think back to how sanctimonious their Olympic coverage was in relation to Efimova and the Russians, Sun Yang, Justin Gatlin etc.

gallsman

How far back does the ADAMS system cover? I'd simply love to see if there was anything in there about Radcliffe or Kelly Holmes. Whatever about the rest of them, Holmes, Farah and Froome are three I will just never believe in.

Asal Mor

Quote from: gallsman on October 07, 2016, 08:49:59 AM
How far back does the ADAMS system cover? I'd simply love to see if there was anything in there about Radcliffe or Kelly Holmes. Whatever about the rest of them, Holmes, Farah and Froome are three I will just never believe in.
I'd have to read up on Holmes but I've read up a bit on Farah before and his rise is suspicious.

Asal Mor

And of course his circle of friends doesn't look great either.

imtommygunn

I really think the whole things casts big questions over team gbs cycling successes too.

Dinny Breen

Every sport is at iit including the GAA, lots of flags with some senior county teams. If you want to watch clean sport - underage sport up until I would say u16s is as far as you would get.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Lance Armstrong on Off The Ball tonight.

Will be interesting to see what that p***k has to say. Christ I use to defend him!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 07, 2016, 09:43:44 AM
Every sport is at iit including the GAA, lots of flags with some senior county teams. If you want to watch clean sport - underage sport up until I would say u16s is as far as you would get.

What evidence in GAA Dinny?

JoG2

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 07, 2016, 08:59:06 AM
I'd have to read up on Holmes but I've read up a bit on Farah before and his rise is suspicious.

in recent years, Dame Kelly is the one athlete I've looked and thought, seriously, how the fcuk? The rise from decent runner to world's best, those crazy manic eyes after victory etc...natural? Not a chance imo

gallsman

Quote from: JoG2 on October 07, 2016, 11:07:20 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on October 07, 2016, 08:59:06 AM

in recent years, Dame Kelly is the one athlete I've looked and thought, seriously, how the fcuk? The rise from decent runner to world's best, those crazy manic eyes after victory etc...natural? Not a chance imo

Double Olympic Champion at 34 having spent her entire career in Mutola's shadow? Un f**king likely.

L'Equipe reporting that Dan Carter, Joe Rokocoko and Juan Imhoff had traces of steroids in their urine when tested at last year's Top 14 final. Rugby stars in steroid scandal is no real shock but a Carter positive test could really wake people's eyes up to the problems in Rugby.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2016, 10:03:13 AM

You old romantic you, start with Thomas Connolly.

Then on the conjecture side - players publicly opposing blood tests for drugs, body shape of certain players.
#newbridgeornowhere

gallsman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 07, 2016, 11:49:00 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2016, 10:03:13 AM

You old romantic you, start with Thomas Connolly.

Then on the conjecture side - players publicly opposing blood tests for drugs, body shape of certain players.

There was a lot of joking around this week about the neck of one particular multiple All Ireland winning footballer.

tonto1888

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 07, 2016, 09:47:44 AM

Will be interesting to see what that p***k has to say. Christ I use to defend him!!!

me too. He was my hero. The sad thing is, the way he trained he probably would have won a tour without doping.
What channel is that on?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 07, 2016, 01:17:52 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 07, 2016, 09:47:44 AM

me too. He was my hero. The sad thing is, the way he trained he probably would have won a tour without doping.
What channel is that on?

Newstalk

Listen on-line here

http://www.newstalk.com/
#newbridgeornowhere