Drugs in UK sports....

Started by muppet, June 09, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 07, 2016, 01:17:52 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 07, 2016, 09:47:44 AM
Lance Armstrong on Off The Ball tonight.

Will be interesting to see what that p***k has to say. Christ I use to defend him!!!

me too. He was my hero. The sad thing is, the way he trained he probably would have won a tour without doping.
What channel is that on?

You're still dreaming. With all the other lads on the juice as well?

yellowcard

Will be interesting to see what that p***k has to say. Christ I use to defend him!!!

me too. He was my hero. The sad thing is, the way he trained he probably would have won a tour without doping.
What channel is that on?

Surely your having a laugh, he wouldn't have been top 50.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 07, 2016, 01:40:31 PM

What channel is that on?

You're still dreaming. With all the other lads on the juice as well?
Finishing a tour after his recovery should have been a sufficient achievement.

tonto1888

Quote from: yellowcard on October 07, 2016, 02:49:31 PM

What channel is that on?

Surely your having a laugh, he wouldn't have been top 50.

I disagree, possibly wrongly, but as Tony baloney said below finishing a tour would have been some achievement after the cancer

Asal Mor

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3828716/Sir-Dave-Brailsford-feeling-heat-Sir-Bradley-Wiggins-UK-Anti-Doping-investigation-continues.html

The UKAD investigation is under way. On top of Brailsford's lies in attempting to explain away the Simon Cope package, I thought this part was interesting.

The UKAD investigation is now under way. The investigators did not turn up at Team Sky and British Cycling's headquarters at Manchester velodrome on Friday for a cosy, routine chat, whatever Sky argued in a statement on Saturday.
They also appeared to imply that they all but instigated the investigation. 'Team Sky was recently contacted by Sportsmail regarding an allegation of wrongdoing which we strongly refute,' they said.
'We informed British Cycling of the allegation and asked them to contact UK Anti-Doping (UKAD). We understand that UKAD are currently investigating this as you would expect.'
UKAD launched their investigation before BC or Sky contacted them.

It's classic Team Sky PR.

Fair play to the Daily Mail on this one. They're leading the chase on this and have exposed some seriously dodgy goings-on at Team Sky. Sir David Walsh could learn a lot from them(I gave him the knighthood myself as I think the title suits him).

Asal Mor

Heard them talking about Sharapova, who got a great reception at a charity event in Las Vegas, on Sky Sports News. The English presenter said she might not be that welcome at Wimbledon because "we don't forgive that kind of thing so easily here".    >:(

muppet

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/37691574

Three-time Tour de France winner Chris Froome and six-time Olympic champion Sir Chris Hoy say "questions remain" over Sir Bradley Wiggins' use of a banned steroid before major races.

Wiggins, 36, took the anti-inflammatory drug triamcinolone for allergies and respiratory problems, after applying for therapeutic use exemptions (TUEs).

He said he used the drug to put himself "back on a level playing field".

"I think it is up to Bradley - he needs to clear his name," Hoy said.

Former Team Sky team-mate Froome, 31, said: "Questions remain over his symptoms, the choice of treatment and the related performance benefits from that treatment."

But he said it was "impossible to say" whether Wiggins was "operating in a grey area".

Froome & Hoy not exactly standing up for Wiggins. In fact, it is hard to find high profile British cycling superhero who is. Is Wiggins the outlier or is it a case of rats pedalling overboard?
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

There have to be looming questions over "Team GB" now with Brailsford involved.

screenexile

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2016, 11:33:08 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/37691574

Three-time Tour de France winner Chris Froome and six-time Olympic champion Sir Chris Hoy say "questions remain" over Sir Bradley Wiggins' use of a banned steroid before major races.

Wiggins, 36, took the anti-inflammatory drug triamcinolone for allergies and respiratory problems, after applying for therapeutic use exemptions (TUEs).

He said he used the drug to put himself "back on a level playing field".

"I think it is up to Bradley - he needs to clear his name," Hoy said.

Former Team Sky team-mate Froome, 31, said: "Questions remain over his symptoms, the choice of treatment and the related performance benefits from that treatment."

But he said it was "impossible to say" whether Wiggins was "operating in a grey area".

Froome & Hoy not exactly standing up for Wiggins. In fact, it is hard to find high profile British cycling superhero who is. Is Wiggins the outlier or is it a case of rats pedalling overboard?

Wiggins is not a well liked character as far as I can see!

bennydorano

He's reaping what he has sewn personality wise. Froome certainly seems to be revelling in Wiggin's discomfort.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on October 19, 2016, 12:17:36 PM
He's reaping what he has sewn personality wise. Froome certainly seems to be revelling in Wiggin's discomfort.

He has every reason to. If he was let at him in the year Wiggo won the tour it would have been a different outcome.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 12, 2016, 06:45:22 PM
Heard them talking about Sharapova, who got a great reception at a charity event in Las Vegas, on Sky Sports News. The English presenter said she might not be that welcome at Wimbledon because "we don't forgive that kind of thing so easily here".    >:(

no brits take performance enhancing drugs, dive on a football pitch, take bungs etc etc don't you know...

Dinny Breen

Froome is deflecting. They are all at it.
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 19, 2016, 02:22:59 PM
Froome is deflecting. They are all at it.

Considering the damage it is doing to all of their reputations, I find it strange that they are not supporting him. Or do they think people are only looking at him?

As an aside, imagine if the Armistead (now Deignan - She married a Sky cycling professional last month) story broke now. How would people view her 3 missed tests?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3822128/Olympic-crash-victim-Annemiek-van-Vleuten-claims-Lizzie-Armitstead-not-Rio-Games-missing-three-drugs-tests.html
MWWSI 2017

tonto1888

Quote from: bennydorano on October 19, 2016, 12:17:36 PM
Froome seems to forget his own TUEs