McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Will be a shadow of shame hanging over this Cork hurling team during the championship. McCarthy is certainly right about their pay for play agenda led by the likes of young Donal again. 

bennydorano

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2009, 09:35:26 AM
I hope they are happy now. No matter what, Gerald McCarthy did not deserve this disgusting treatment and the 2008 panel are directly responsible. I'm sick in the pit of my stomach about it.

This is not the end of course. Something else will be wrong next week. The county board should appoint Donal Óg as manager and let him make a start on the ten in a row championships these geniuses will undoubtedly win.
My sentiments entirely.  A disgracefull day for the GAA.

orangeman

Gerry Ryan was on there responding to a claim made by a pro player spokeperson that the media were guilty of sensationalising the story about Gerald and the threats that were made to him and his family.

Gerry simply replied that it was not possible to sensationalise a story where Gerald's daughter answered the telephone last week and the caller told the daughter that he was representing the Continuity IRA and that unless her father stood down as manager, they would blow his head off !!!

This simply gets worse. No doubt this same "fan" will be standing / sitting in Thurles in the summer cheering on the "real" Cork team.

Pathetic - just pathetic. I sincerely hope that the Garda manage to track this "hero" down and that he gets locked up.

bottlethrower7

more importantly , what does Tom Humphries think about all this then?

How about it Tom -  a lockerroom article about what place death threats have in the GAA.

How can any player from the 2008 mob retake their place after something like this happened? If any of them have any respect for themselves, their organisation or for human dignity, they will stand down and not make themselves available to serve the cause of someone who would threaten someone's life.

bottlethrower7

and will this be the end of the strike?

surely not. The issue was with the board, not McCarthy, right?

so the board will appoint a new manager to manage a lot of spotty imposters?

not the 08 panel. Because they stand firm by their convictions. And their problem is Frank Murphy, but he hadn't quit.

So the strike continues

right?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 12:44:04 AM
Names of the possible new manager are flying around, the CB want one to be appointed by Thursday, the clubs want to hold off.

The favorite seems to be Paul O Connor.
But Donal O Grady has been thrown around as well as has apparently Brian Corcoran which I think would be very unlikely and a bad idea.

And I'm just waiting for the first anti players/clubs/fans/journos..etc to come on and say something about whatever Donal Og and co. wants..just waiting.
I really couldn't care less about those people though, some have proven to be the least genuine gaa supporters I've met in a long time and will say and do just about anything to degrade anyone who backs the players up, be it fans, clubs, journos..etc.

For the genuinely interested those are the names being flown around at the minute.

You've some f**king cheek saying that coming from the county that supporters issue death threats and threats of violence with no regard...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

orangeman

Here's the big question now :

What happens the 2009 panel ??? - these lads whether others like it or not have stepped up to the mark whenever the 2008 panel were plotting Gerald's downfall. They were the ones who played the NHL games and were called "scabs" in some quarters for doing so.

So as not to further exacerabate the issue, in my view the 2009 panel should be retained. This will mean a very large panel but surely you just can't throw the 2009 lads out along with Gerald etc ?.

This wouldn't be right at at all.

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on March 10, 2009, 05:29:53 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 10, 2009, 04:14:06 PM
There were actually three questions there GAA. Now you were close to answering one but decided to ask your own question so Ill re-phrase the first part and you can try again with it and the other two parts.

If there's a new scenario- although there might not be - what constitution, procedures and bylaws might apply?

And then the other bits.

No answers GAA?  Maybe facing a bit of a dilema here?

I didn't realise that was a serious question.

GAA Constitution and COrk county byelaws

The GAA

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2009, 09:35:26 AM
I hope they are happy now. No matter what, Gerald McCarthy did not deserve this disgusting treatment and the 2008 panel are directly responsible. I'm sick in the pit of my stomach about it.

This is not the end of course. Something else will be wrong next week. The county board should appoint Donal Óg as manager and let him make a start on the ten in a row championships these geniuses will undoubtedly win.

Sorry to pick out this quote but its just one of a litany of the same sentiment.

those who are sick about the treatment of Gerald McCarthy over the last 4 months should direct their ire at the real culprits here.
whether people want to recognise it or not, McCarthy was put into the firing line here deliberately by a self serving and corrupt county executive for one single reason - they knew he was not up to the job and knew that the hurlers would not accept him.

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 11, 2009, 10:51:44 AM
Quote from: dowling on March 10, 2009, 05:29:53 PM
Quote from: dowling on March 10, 2009, 04:14:06 PM
There were actually three questions there GAA. Now you were close to answering one but decided to ask your own question so Ill re-phrase the first part and you can try again with it and the other two parts.

If there's a new scenario- although there might not be - what constitution, procedures and bylaws might apply?

And then the other bits.

No answers GAA?  Maybe facing a bit of a dilema here?

I didn't realise that was a serious question.

GAA Constitution and COrk county byelaws

Official guide supercedes any byelaws..

The GAA

only in instances of conflict of application. the official guide has built in room for county byelaws on many issues like transfers, etc.

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 11, 2009, 11:01:23 AM

only in instances of conflict of application. the official guide has built in room for county byelaws on many issues like transfers, etc.

I know, hence my use of 'supercede'..

The GAA

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 11, 2009, 11:11:26 AM

not sure what the point of your post was then?

Just claryfing what rules will apply..

sligeach

Quote from: orangeman on March 11, 2009, 09:10:42 AM
He also claimed last night that "apparent advice" was given to the 2008 players not to attend the recent funeral of his mother, something he says "devastated his father and family".If such advice was given, it would be a serious escalation of the four-and-a half-month-old crisis.

Shows the mentality of the ringleaders of the 2008 panel. How anyone, anyone can support these undeserving greedy scum is beyond me.