Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 12:54:32 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 11, 2009, 12:49:28 AM
Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 12:37:03 AM
Quote from: dowling on March 11, 2009, 12:36:05 AM
Quote from: Reillers on March 10, 2009, 11:54:37 PM
Just saw the news there with Gerald walking away past the cameras.
It sickens me that he's been put in this position it does.

I mightn't have agreed with him taking and keeping the job but he doesn't deserve the treatement he got.
Do I think he put himself knowingly in the position to get some negativity and such, yes. But the death threats and such, no and I really resent the fact that people think I did.

What annoys me more is that the CB just sat back and not only let it happen, but knew it would happen.

He wasn't put in this position because of his managerial skill, he was used all along, it wasn't right. And what's so sad in all of that is I don't know if Gerald actually genuinely knew that.
The Cb used him as a shield, they used him to get back at the players, to get rid of the senior panel who have caused them grief in the past.
And if I'm honest the players and clubs have used him as a battering ram, he shouldn't have been made manager again, but the problem from the start was always the CB, Fm to be precise. It's just a pity that Gerald was sacrificed along the way. I've no doubt Om and co will react like someone lit their ass on fire, but this is, and I've said it constantly the way I have felt all along.

I'm too tired to argue anymore. I've had enough of this petiness. I'm saddened to see how few genuine people were on here. All they wanted at the end of the day was whinge about the players.
There was always something. Now I have all the time in the world for people, genuine peope like Realrebel, AzOffaly..etc who have genuinely posted their views on this.
I'm too tired to argue with people who will go through everyone who has had something good to say about the players: The fans, the clubs, the press, and blatant unproved criticism of the players, out of line comments about their personal lives, about their finances, and such. None of which was backed up or justified. People  blaming everyone, everyone has a hidden agenda, everyone who backed the players got zero respect from people on here. I have been criticised by the bulk over and over again for things that ye are no better at then me. Call me what ye want, but I have always, even if it was a minorty view on here, wanted what was best for Cork GAA. Ye though, not one of ye came off yere high horse, not one of ye showed genuine happiness that the clubs had finally took a stand, no it was more whinging.
It was always someone else who was totally wrong. The journos, only said what they said to get biographies out of it, apparently the have no integrity or will to do their job. The fans, one day the are the word when only 5000 showed up, then when it becomes convienent a few days later they are no better then soccer fans.
The clubs, well they were right untill they went against the players, democracy at work. Oh but then when they genuinely look for democracy they are branded for looking for mob rule.
And one of the most unsavoury characters you'll ever meet in FM, is suddenly a 65 year old OAP who doesn't deserve to be villified. 
Ye look for everyone and anyone to disrespect just so ye can get yere oppinion across and criticize and bitch about the players.

I've no doubt again that all ye will do is nit pick the post, criticise me, the way the post is phrased, the way it's worded and such, that I've repeated myself 100 times, everything and anything instead of looking at the content.

Sums you and whoever you're on this board on behalf of - the death threats are the county board's fault!

And all you can do is nit pick..and that in a summary sums you up. Are you blind, are you physically blind because that is the only way you could have come to that conclusion.

You're a disgrace Reillers. You practically condoned what those people did to him. it took multiple posts from people to even get a hint of a retraction. Any rational human being could have worked it out in the blink of an eye. You've got the arrogance to come on here and chastise others about insulting post, yet yours were the most insulting of all. It doesn't matter what the outcome is- its a new low for the association.  It doesn't matter what side of the debate you're on, Cork Gaa has disgraced the association and for that they should be f***** out of the association and told to come back when they can conduct their affiars in the proper fashion.
Patsys for clubs, trade union officials for players and an outdated and backward county board, no loss to the association in my view.
Even after tonight you're still throwing out the stock lines. Have you any dignity at all man?

That is the complete opposite to what I did. And I have said that over and over and over again for the last God knows how many posts, but you would be the one who manages to get that out of it.
You basically came to the conclusion of the exact opposite of what I meant. Only you could do that.

And don't talk to me like you're some oh high and mighty poster, ye have shown no respect to anyone, players, clubs, fans, hell even journos, no not an inch, anytime anyone has come out in support of the players they have gotten critized to the hilt by your lot. And ye come on here then and pretend to be horrified when Humphries compares the 09 players to Junior C players at a club. Take a look in the mirror before you criticize me again. 

No Reillers we're all concluding the same thing. The public villifying of Gerald McCarthy, of which you were a part - as this is a public forum - no doubt left an impression on some. No clear cut condemnation or distancing from this threat from the pro posters.

I have absolutely no doubt there will be clubs now questioning the decisions they have recently come to and what they have meant.

As for you Reillers put your mantra up again.

In the meantime you may start another thread if you want to talk about the next Cork hurling manager.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on March 11, 2009, 12:59:30 AM
I can look myself in the eye in the mirror no problem Reillers I doubt very much you're able to. Do I have to repost what you posted or is it short-term memory loss again? Or the yerra  defence perhaps? Don't play the high horse with me Reillers then so. You've long lost the moral high ground at this stage.

Crystal clear conscience then is it. So you've no problem admiting the fact that the players took abuse for months. That Gerald made it personal, making personal comments about Sean Og that he had no evidence or proof to follow.
You have made unfounded undeserved comments about these players and you think you've nothing to be sorry for. I no I made comments that I've regreted making, please, get off your high horse. You're as bad as the rest of us. All you've done since the Clubs meet is whinge and bitch, no genuine show of happiness that the clubs got their say, and tonight, no genuine happiness that the dispute is over, despite the abuse Gerald got, which yet again I don't condone, instead you go full belt at everything but that.
Like I said, always someone else to blame. Who's fault will it be tomorrow.
You've covered the players, the fans, the clubs, the media..who's next?

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 11, 2009, 01:06:17 AM

I mightn't have agreed with him taking and keeping the job but he doesn't deserve the treatement he got.
Do I think he put himself knowingly in the position to get some negativity and such, yes. But the death threats and such, no and I really resent the fact that people think I did.

What annoys me more is that the CB just sat back and not only let it happen, but knew it would happen.

He wasn't put in this position because of his managerial skill, he was used all along, it wasn't right. And what's so sad in all of that is I don't know if Gerald actually genuinely knew that.
The Cb used him as a shield, they used him to get back at the players, to get rid of the senior panel who have caused them grief in the past.
And if I'm honest the players and clubs have used him as a battering ram, he shouldn't have been made manager again, but the problem from the start was always the CB, Fm to be precise. It's just a pity that Gerald was sacrificed along the way. I've no doubt Om and co will react like someone lit their ass on fire, but this is, and I've said it constantly the way I have felt all along.

I'm too tired to argue anymore. I've had enough of this petiness. I'm saddened to see how few genuine people were on here. All they wanted at the end of the day was whinge about the players.
There was always something. Now I have all the time in the world for people, genuine peope like Realrebel, AzOffaly..etc who have genuinely posted their views on this.
I'm too tired to argue with people who will go through everyone who has had something good to say about the players: The fans, the clubs, the press, and blatant unproved criticism of the players, out of line comments about their personal lives, about their finances, and such. None of which was backed up or justified. People  blaming everyone, everyone has a hidden agenda, everyone who backed the players got zero respect from people on here. I have been criticised by the bulk over and over again for things that ye are no better at then me. Call me what ye want, but I have always, even if it was a minorty view on here, wanted what was best for Cork GAA. Ye though, not one of ye came off yere high horse, not one of ye showed genuine happiness that the clubs had finally took a stand, no it was more whinging.
It was always someone else who was totally wrong. The journos, only said what they said to get biographies out of it, apparently the have no integrity or will to do their job. The fans, one day the are the word when only 5000 showed up, then when it becomes convienent a few days later they are no better then soccer fans.
The clubs, well they were right untill they went against the players, democracy at work. Oh but then when they genuinely look for democracy they are branded for looking for mob rule.
And one of the most unsavoury characters you'll ever meet in FM, is suddenly a 65 year old OAP who doesn't deserve to be villified. 
Ye look for everyone and anyone to disrespect just so ye can get yere oppinion across and criticize and bitch about the players.

I've no doubt again that all ye will do is nit pick the post, criticise me, the way the post is phrased, the way it's worded and such, that I've repeated myself 100 times, everything and anything instead of looking at the content.

Sums you and whoever you're on this board on behalf of - the death threats are the county board's fault!

And all you can do is nit pick..and that in a summary sums you up. Are you blind, are you physically blind because that is the only way you could have come to that conclusion.

You're a disgrace Reillers. You practically condoned what those people did to him. it took multiple posts from people to even get a hint of a retraction. Any rational human being could have worked it out in the blink of an eye. You've got the arrogance to come on here and chastise others about insulting post, yet yours were the most insulting of all. It doesn't matter what the outcome is- its a new low for the association.  It doesn't matter what side of the debate you're on, Cork Gaa has disgraced the association and for that they should be f***** out of the association and told to come back when they can conduct their affiars in the proper fashion.
Patsys for clubs, trade union officials for players and an outdated and backward county board, no loss to the association in my view.
Even after tonight you're still throwing out the stock lines. Have you any dignity at all man?

That is the complete opposite to what I did. And I have said that over and over and over again for the last God knows how many posts, but you would be the one who manages to get that out of it.
You basically came to the conclusion of the exact opposite of what I meant. Only you could do that.

And don't talk to me like you're some oh high and mighty poster, ye have shown no respect to anyone, players, clubs, fans, hell even journos, no not an inch, anytime anyone has come out in support of the players they have gotten critized to the hilt by your lot. And ye come on here then and pretend to be horrified when Humphries compares the 09 players to Junior C players at a club. Take a look in the mirror before you criticize me again. 

No Reillers we're all concluding the same thing. The public villifying of Gerald McCarthy, of which you were a part - as this is a public forum - no doubt left an impression on some. No clear cut condemnation or distancing from this threat from the pro posters.

I have absolutely no doubt there will be clubs now questioning the decisions they have recently come to and what they have meant.

In the meantime you may start another thread if you want to talk about the next Cork hurling manager.
What about the public villifying of the players for months, but everyone forgotten about that. How convenient.
No clear cut condemnation or distancing from this threat from pro posters, how many more times do I have to say it, I think it's an absolute disgrace that he doesn't deserve and they were not from genuine fans.
But no that probably wont do either.

Nothings good enough, ye just have to keep going don't ye, go on, keep bitching at me, keep bitching at the players, it should be over soon enough, what will ye do then. Ye've virtually twisted and turned everything I've said and enjoyed doing it. Ye've insulted the fans, clubs, players, journos..etc along yere way. Keep going though, not long left now.
But hey, apparently ye can all look at yereselves in the mirror after this. I've taken no happiness at criticising Gerald in all of this, and I never did so on a personal level, which the same can't be said for a lot on here when it comes to the players. At least I'm willing to admit that I've made comments that I regret, things I shouldn't have said and that were out of line.
But well done lads, I think ye've insulted just about every pro player group at this stage. Hope ye're proud..apparently so.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 01:01:38 AM
Quote from: dowling on March 11, 2009, 12:56:55 AM
You have a brassneck Reillers talking about managers. What goes with the job? Free body armour, security guards for the family and a fire extinguisher?
If I was you Reillers I'd get on to the 2008 panel straight away and tell them to get a statement out about death threats.

Oh grow the hell up Dowling, none of the players and 99.9% of the fans were involved in this.
You have shown your true feelings on this. You most be upset that it didn't last longer, however will you survive without having the Cork players to whige and moan about.
I've no doubt you'll keep it going though.

But don't you have a county team or club, if you're even from a GAA county/club, you've never said, that's why I ask, to follow. Surely something or someone else to criticize that you actually have genuine interest in.

Is that the height of your argument to me reillers. It wont wash and neither will washing your hands of any blame of these latest developments.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 01:09:13 AM
Quote from: dowling on March 11, 2009, 01:06:17 AM

What about the public villifying of the players for months, but everyone forgotten about that. How convenient.
No clear cut condemnation or distancing from this threat from pro posters, how many more times do I have to say it, I think it's an absolute disgrace that he doesn't deserve and they were not from genuine fans.
But no that probably wont do either.

Nothings good enough, ye just have to keep going don't ye, go on, keep bitching at me, keep bitching at the players, it should be over soon enough, what will ye do then. Ye've virtually twisted and turned everything I've said and enjoyed doing it. Ye've insulted the fans, clubs, players, journos..etc along yere way. Keep going though, not long left now.

Show us all where and when this took place

Reillers

Go ask Om, he'll know, so will Skull actually I think they were the two main lads for it, go look at the first 100 pages of this forum.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/rebels-must-realise-that--no-compromise-means--no-future-for-cork-hurling-1516077.html

I will post more in the morning when I get a chance, couldn't be bothered looking now. But I think you'll find that there were a hell of a lot of negative opinion pieces and negative anti player articles around till before the press conference.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on March 10, 2009, 09:08:03 PM
QuoteIt was pointed out that the several meetings taking place had no offical standing within the structure of the GAA and the decisions reached came on the back of emotional blackmail of the county, also outside the structure of the GAA. When achieving a result by unconstitutional means that is 'mob rule'. Now you might not like that but by definition that's what it is. There is ample procedure within GAA structures to address and change anything.

What does offical standing mean? The clubs of the county got together and held meetings in which their members freely expressed their opinion and that opinion was in favour of the palyers, now you may not like that but that is democracy at work. What has happened is unfortunate but the will of the Cork public was expressed by clear and unambigous means. Lads those of you trying to paint this as undemocratic have lost all credibility, the one thing it was was democratic. Anyway the decision has been made so all this arguing is pure waffle, if you boys want to call it 'mob rule' go on ahead, me, I think I'll wait and see how this pans out and hopefully Cork GAA folk will be able to put this behind them and move on. I've a feeling they will and you won't have to wait too long before they are winning AI's in both codes.

Care to reappraise that now Zulu?

dowling

joemamas

i hope Cork hurlers lose every fu*king game for the rest of the year. Hateful shower.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on March 11, 2009, 01:24:17 AM
Go ask Om, he'll know, so will Skull actually I think they were the two main lads for it, go look at the first 100 pages of this forum.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/rebels-must-realise-that--no-compromise-means--no-future-for-cork-hurling-1516077.html

I will post more in the morning when I get a chance, couldn't be bothered looking now. But I think you'll find that there were a hell of a lot of negative opinion pieces and negative anti player articles around till before the press conference.

That's public villification of the 2008 panel?

Don't make me laugh.

You're getting ridiculous

sligeach

Well thats it then.

I'm almost speechless to be honest. Never did I ever think I would see the day when GAA people would act like this.

The 2008 players are the definition of dishonest, disgraceful and undeserving.

Strike, whinge, cry, refuse to even talk and just keep pumping the pressure on so mob rule, fear and bandwagoning win the day.

GAA people in Cork should hang their heads in shame. I really am speechless.

Isn't there some way to kick them out of the organisation ? The only panel who should be allowed to play for Cork at this stage is the 09 panel.

I honestly hope that they pick a manager with a pair of balls who drops

[Edited by Mod 3. Sligeach, that is completely out of order. Cop on.

DUBSFORSAM1

Haven't commented on this yet but its sad to see so much bitterness on the board between people who all love the GAA.

I personally don't have anytime for the Cork County Board really and especially for Frank Murphy based on what I have heard about the stunts he pulled (especially about opening up Croke Park etc) and how they enforce the voting down there...

I have a lot of respect for Gerald McCarthy but in all honesty after 2 years when your own panel ask you to stop continuing as manager as your not good enough then why in Gods name would you continue as manager and then claim that your doing it purely for the good of Cork Hurling.

The death threats and threats to the family are absolutely sickening and anyone found guilty should be locked up and banned from all GAA grounds for life.

I have to admit this idea that the people who claim that the players have no interest in the lower levels and don't care about the groundstaff etc are now the ones claiming that the club members/groundstaff have no right to have their voices heard as the delegates have already made the decision for them....

carribbear

A sad day for the GAA when the players get a manager sacked.
Is this the premiership?

You can see the influence the GPA are starting to wield at county level getting their lads to influence the dressing room. These sorts should be shown the door.
So are the cork hurlers guaranteed an all-ireland this year due to the coup? Seems like its all just a power struggle. I hate to think whats coming next.

Declan

Unbelievable stuff altogether. Does this change anything at all though in terms of how a manager is appointed etc? From what I heard last night the CB just kicked it to touch and referred everything to the CB board meeting on Thursday night. The alleged death threats to McCarthy are a disgrace and if true the offenders should be expelled from the GAA aif they are members well as being subject to the full rigours of the law. In terms of his statement it is as self serving a statement as I've heard from anyone and to me doesn't do him any favours.
The prevailing attitude though from people I've spoken to is that they are sick hearing about Cork GAA and their internal politics and if they can't sort it out they should just shag off.   

Hound

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on March 11, 2009, 06:04:13 AM
Haven't commented on this yet but its sad to see so much bitterness on the board between people who all love the GAA.

I personally don't have anytime for the Cork County Board really and especially for Frank Murphy based on what I have heard about the stunts he pulled (especially about opening up Croke Park etc) and how they enforce the voting down there...

I have a lot of respect for Gerald McCarthy but in all honesty after 2 years when your own panel ask you to stop continuing as manager as your not good enough then why in Gods name would you continue as manager and then claim that your doing it purely for the good of Cork Hurling.

The death threats and threats to the family are absolutely sickening and anyone found guilty should be locked up and banned from all GAA grounds for life.

I have to admit this idea that the people who claim that the players have no interest in the lower levels and don't care about the groundstaff etc are now the ones claiming that the club members/groundstaff have no right to have their voices heard as the delegates have already made the decision for them....
Agree totally with this.