An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

If Louth can't get their house in order, then throw them out. Why aren't they in the Tommy Murphy anyway.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Perhaps Louth should nominate Pairc Esler, nearer the county than Navan and Tyrone have had some problems there!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 29, 2008, 10:21:10 PM
The game will be in Navan as it was two years ago.

You could well be right there Louth Exile - I was under the perhaps misapprehsion that an ultimatum had been issued by HQ (since the game in Navan) that where if a county didn't have a ground that would satisfy Health & Safety, then the right to the home venue was automatically forfeit. Could be wrong though.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armaghniac

Quotethat where if a county didn't have a ground that would satisfy Health & Safety, then the right to the home venue was automatically forfeit.

This wouldn't be quite fair, say Louth draw Roscommon, the game could be played in any decent ground as there would not be a big crowd, but if they draw Meath there would be a much larger crowd.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Maybe a Clones double-header with Monaghan-Derry will be considered?

Louth's ground was always the only one that could possibly fail on this health/safety issue, every other county in the draw has an above-scratch county ground.

snappiered

Not a bad draw for us but we have to be wary.I read in the Gaelic Life last week that Mugsy should be ready. Anyone know if this is true. Hopefully we can get him Enda, Brian and Mulgrew all back again and give it a real go because there is not an awful lot for us to fear if we are playing close to our potential.

How about this team if all fit

1. Packy / Devine
2. Ricey
3. Justin / Joe
4. Mc Gee
5. Davy
6. Conor
7. Jordan
8. Enda
9. Sean
10. Dooher
11. Brian
12. Mulgrew
13. Mugsy
14. Colm Cav
15. Tommy

Over the Bar

If Mugsy is allowed to bring his trowel he'll strike fear thru the hearts of these Louth boyos!

Seriously, not a bad draw tho,  didn't want it too easy lest we get lethargic on the back of a big win.   We should win this one with a few to spare then rip through Meath, Derry, Armagh & Dublin en route to another thrashing of Kerry in the final to lift Sam number 3.

Tir Eoghain Abú

orangeman

A double header on 19th in Clones would be some draw for spectators !

Onion Bag

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 30, 2008, 09:57:42 AM
If Mugsy is allowed to bring his trowel he'll strike fear thru the hearts of these Louth boyos!

Seriously, not a bad draw tho,  didn't want it too easy lest we get lethargic on the back of a big win.   We should win this one with a few to spare then rip through Meath, Derry, Armagh & Dublin en route to another thrashing of Kerry in the final to lift Sam number 3.

Tir Eoghain Abú

Dont know about the trowel, but he could certainly bring his Floor Scraper ;) jasus he would certainly strike fear in any man with that piece of equipment
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

uselessfootballer

I see this game has been confirmed for 7pm, 19th July. An all-ticket game in Drogheda

ziggysego

Quote from: uselessfootballer on June 30, 2008, 02:59:45 PM
I see this game has been confirmed for 7pm, 19th July. An all-ticket game in Drogheda

Where did you see this confirmed?
Testing Accessibility

take_yer_points

Quote from: tyrone86 on June 30, 2008, 03:25:15 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2008, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: uselessfootballer on June 30, 2008, 02:59:45 PM

Where did you see this confirmed?

Hoganstand

Looks like an overnight stay somewhere en-route to Clones.

Hoganstand have it as Saturday 12th July - this can't be right can it?

Louth's eagerly-awaited SFC qualifier against Tyrone will be played in Drogheda on Saturday July 12 at 7.00pm.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=97436

Fuzzman

Anybody any news on the Dread I word (Injuries) with club football?

How's Brian and Tommy?
How's Big Sean?
How's Enda?

I'd say if its in Louth that it could be a tough enough game but they were fierce in our faces in 2006

uselessfootballer

I did read the time / venue info on Hoganstand first but it's on BBC site as well