An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Aaron Boone

Good chance this will be the TV game? Everyone likes full grounds on the telly as it adds to the atmosphere. All the crowd will be in red & white.

Louth Exile

I doubt it. Monaghan v Derry is at 3 O'Clock alright, but I would think that if they show a 7pm game, Limerick v Meath has to be the favourite, would be a tight game and Limerick is set up for the cameras. The last time we probably had cameras in Drogheda was when Stefan White snuffed out a fancied Micko lead Kildare in 91.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Tyrone Dreamer

Judging by the comments of a lot of Tyrone "supporters" in recent weeks I cant see us bringing a huge support. Does Drogheda hold as much as 7,000? Id say 7,000 should be big enough but any less could be a problem. I'm a fan of the smaller grounds when there isnt a big crowd,should lead to a good atmosphere.

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2008, 05:54:56 PM
Yes, Hardyarse The Fiddler, I want to know what happened.

You're reported hardstation. Expected more of you.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Line-outs that day:

Tyrone:
P McConnell;
R McMenamin, C McGinley, M McGee;
D Harte, C Gormley, P Jordan (0-01);
C Holmes, P Donnelly;
S Cavanagh, G Cavlan (0-01 (1f)), R Mellon;
M Penrose, S O'Neill (0-04 (1f)), O Mulligan (2-06 (3f)).
Substitutes: E McGinley (0-02) for Donnelly, R Mulgrew (0-02) for Cavlan, D Carlin for Harte, B Meenan for Holmes, A Ball for O'Neill, B Donnelly for Mellon, C Gourley for McGee.

Louth:
S Reynolds;
D Brennan, C Goss, J Carr (0-01);
J O'Brien, P McGinnity, J Neary;
M Farrelly (0-01), P Keenan (0-01);
C Grimes, M Brennan (0-01), M Stanfield (1-02);
JP Rooney (1-00), R Carroll, D Clarke (0-07 (4f)).
Substitutes: R Finnegan (0-01) for Carroll, B White (0-02) for Grimes, Grimes for Rooney, T O'Brien for Clarke, M Fanning for O'Brien.

Referee: Frank Flynn (Leitrim).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Louth Exile

Only 6 of our starting 15 from 06 will line out in a couple of weeks  :o

As for the capacity, the limits that are set for health and safety are ridiculously small.
I think that there was about 13k at the game in 91 against Kildare

Hardy

More of stupid mistake, really. I took on a local in an argument slightly related to republican sensitivities that was always likely to lead to fisticuffs. I knew his paramilitary credentials, but not his pugilistic ones - he was a pretty good amateur middleweight. So when I told him to go forth and multiply, he decked me. (I'm sure there are lads here I've argued politics with who would have paid to see that).

Anyway I didn't feel too embarrassed about it as I hadn't seen the punch coming, so I got up to return the compliment. I made a swing at him and he decked me again, popping me on the exact same spot on the jaw. When I got up again to have another go, my mates, making a more sensible appraisal of the situation than me, took me the hell away and we went home.

The next day evening I called in to have a game of squash. When I went to the bar to pay, I was told I was barred. For being attacked, floored twice and never landing a punch. My "opponent" was still welcome, however. But I was from Meath.

orangeman

Quote from: Hardy on July 01, 2008, 10:06:46 AM
More of stupid mistake, really. I took on a local in an argument slightly related to republican sensitivities that was always likely to lead to fisticuffs. I knew his paramilitary credentials, but not his pugilistic ones - he was a pretty good amateur middleweight. So when I told him to go forth and multiply, he decked me. (I'm sure there are lads here I've argued politics with who would have paid to see that).

Anyway I didn't feel too embarrassed about it as I hadn't seen the punch coming, so I got up to return the compliment. I made a swing at him and he decked me again, popping me on the exact same spot on the jaw. When I got up again to have another go, my mates, making a more sensible appraisal of the situation than me, took me the hell away and we went home.

The next day evening I called in to have a game of squash. When I went to the bar to pay, I was told I was barred. For being attacked, floored twice and never landing a punch. My "opponent" was still welcome, however. But I was from Meath.

Serves you right !

rrhf

Hardy are you a true ayrian Meath man - dosent sound like it.   

Hardy

I am indeed a true hairy Meath man.

ziggysego

There's a thread about man grooming on the non-gaa section to help you with that Hardy
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Grooming! I'm not a feckin horse, Zig.

Uladh

You were lost for traditional political tactics fiddler. dundalk, a hotbed for "political discussion" south armagh style is a fine forum to learn the tricks of political nuances and manoeuvring. when you got back up the first time you should have administered a swift boot to the knackers before reverting to your well rehershed flow of combinations after he had dropped to his knees.

Ethos and ideology can only be built on a firm foundation of shrewd violence.

orangeman

Tyrone's All-Ireland football qualifier against Louth in Drogheda on July 19.

Former county under 21 captain Mulgrew, whose last appearance was against Mayo in the final round of the National League, has recovered from a shoulder injury while his Cookstown clubmate Mulligan has finally shaken off the hamstring injury he sustained against Laois in the National League.

The 2003 and 2005 All-Ireland winner has been training with his club for the past week and expects to feature against the Wee County.

Louth look set to be once again without their influential full back Colin Goss, who remains sidelined with a groin injury.