An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Frank Casey

KERRY 3:7

ONeill

Don't really want to meet Armagh, Cavan, Derry, Donegal or Monaghan. Roscommon would be a nice change.

I suppose we owe Laois and Meath one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Star Spangler

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 24, 2008, 07:40:07 PM
Surely that Stevie O'Neill man must be well rested by now. I see he scored 7 points for Clann Na Gael at the weekend. It would totally change the mood in Tyrone if he was back fit for the qualifiers. I dont think Louth at home was the worst draw we could have got in the first round.
Is he playing for the full 70 minutes yet?  I'd heard he was still super-subbing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bring them on, could have been a lot worse! (Well done Tyrone Dreamer;)

Apparently Louth will relinquish home advantage here (despite being first drawn) in not having a ground that meets the Health and Safety standards.

BennyHarp

Where will this game be played then? Was it Navan last time?
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Omagh, Louth forfeit on that account this time.

BennyHarp

Then not a bad draw if tyrone end up with home advantage! Anyone know the score in the minor game today?
That was never a square ball!!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 24, 2008, 07:40:07 PM
Surely that Stevie O'Neill man must be well rested by now. I see he scored 7 points for Clann Na Gael at the weekend. It would totally change the mood in Tyrone if he was back fit for the qualifiers. I dont think Louth at home was the worst draw we could have got in the first round.

We could have been discusing this game from a few days ago if you's had listened to me! Is that definate that if Louths ground isnt up to scratch that the game will be in Omagh and not a neutral venue of Louths choice? I think Louths ground holds 7 or 8 thousand which if this game is on a Saturday I think would be big enough. Id say Louth will be pushing for the game to be played at home.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 29, 2008, 06:39:42 PM
Then not a bad draw if tyrone end up with home advantage! Anyone know the score in the minor game today?

1-11 to 1-09 Tír Eoghain win!

tyroneman

Hopefully this gets transferred to Omagh for handiness sake. Last time Louth supporters were up there they were obnoxious enough (I'm sure this was a minority though - canlt see what they would have against TYrone particularly).

Was Coney given a straight red today?????? Will be a big loss if so. Him and McKenna will be the Tyrone MF for years to come.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Looks like two yellows, from the BBC:

Reigning champions Tyrone won despite finishing the game with 13 men, Gavin Teague being sent-off for two yellow cards and also Kyle Coney late on.

ziggysego

I was thinking how the hell could there be 8 pages so far! lol

Not a bad draw for Tyrone, I was beginning to fear we were going to be drawn against Derry the longer it went on.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Tyrone will be very confident of beating Louth - Tyrone will hopefully have a fully fit panel and if they get a bit of luck, they could go a bit of the way to extend the summer past 1st round of the qualifiers.

Louth Exile

Quote from: ziggysego on June 29, 2008, 07:42:17 PM
I was thinking how the hell could there be 8 pages so far! lol

I was thinking the same myself Ziggy when I saw it on the front page! So you lot have been talking about yourselves for 8 pages already, are us boys aloud to join in the discussion now of how great Tyrone are  ;)

As for the venue, yes the Louth county grounds are a sham and I would not expect us to be aloud to play in Drogheda, even though I suspect it would hold the crowd. (I can't imagine too many of the fairweather supports from either county attending, given both teams disappointing exits in the provincials) But as for the comments about bring the game to Omagh :P The game will be in Navan as it was two years ago.

I'm glad to see we are being written off completely by the Tyrone faithfull, we mustn't have taken the game to extra time two years ago...no wait! We mustn't have taken the game to a replay two years ago... no wait! We mustn't have went up to Omagh two years ago and went down to a narrow defeat... no wait! And that was when Tyrone were reigning champions. Having said all this you will beat us easy  :D

As a diehard follower of the county I personally have no interest in a run in the qualifiers, we have had that before and we are not going to win the AI. We are not making progress in a poor a Leinster and that is where we need to be winning. I hope we have a good day out in Navan and game that comes close to being as entertaining as the one two years ago. Louth have no reason to fear Tyrone, we will go along and give our lads our full support, but I will not be alone in the Louth support to say I won't be disappointed to see us lose!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com