Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Annapr. 14 of your last 30 posts on this Forum have been on the Man Utd Thread!

annapr

Quote from: GJL on February 02, 2016, 08:58:22 AM
Unsurprisingly you don't get it. It's not about posting  on any particular thread it's about bringing up a certain club time and time again when no one is even talking about that club.
I post on both threads because I have an interest in football not the clubs.

nrico2006

Quote from: Minder on February 01, 2016, 10:14:53 PM
Wrong thread but good article about Guardiola here, as for him managing a great team. We have been over this ground before but the Barca team that finished 2008 season were about 20 pts behind Real and Valencia I think. He totally changed how they played, they worked as hard off the ball as when they had it. And if you can get players to work like dogs that will go down as some of the best to play the game you are doing something right.

I can't imagine managing Bayern or Barca is like playing Football Manager on the PC, the way some seem to think.

I think it will turn out to be a great appointment for City.

Good article here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/19/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-tactical-genius

He took over a Barcelona squad that had won the Champions League two years earlier and a Munich squad that was only after winning the Champions League.  Making a few players work hard off the ball is all well and good but when you inherit a squad with a lot of world class players in it then you are on to a winner straight away.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

Quote from: annapr on February 02, 2016, 09:03:06 AM
Unsurprisingly you don't get it. It's not about posting  on any particular thread it's about bringing up a certain club time and time again when no one is even talking about that club.

Every one of the now 15 posts have been derogatory or some sort of a sly insult. Even in your reply above you had to include an attempted insult. Have you a dislike for all things Man Utd?

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 02, 2016, 09:10:37 AM
Wrong thread but good article about Guardiola here, as for him managing a great team. We have been over this ground before but the Barca team that finished 2008 season were about 20 pts behind Real and Valencia I think. He totally changed how they played, they worked as hard off the ball as when they had it. And if you can get players to work like dogs that will go down as some of the best to play the game you are doing something right.

I can't imagine managing Bayern or Barca is like playing Football Manager on the PC, the way some seem to think.

Good article here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/19/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-tactical-genius

He took over a Barcelona squad that had won the Champions League two years earlier and a Munich squad that was only after winning the Champions League.  Making a few players work hard off the ball is all well and good but when you inherit a squad with a lot of world class players in it then you are on to a winner straight away.

I think you're off your head if you don't think Guardiola is one of the best. You can talk all you want but Fergie went out and bought plenty of World Class players in his time and Moyes and LVG have shown that it's not just so simple when you enter one of the big brands.

If Guardiola is able to win the CL & Premier League with City it will be his greatest achievement as England while not having the best quality definitely have the most competitive league with Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelski all being massive outfits with loads of cash to fire about the place. Is there another league with that many big hitters about?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on February 02, 2016, 09:14:37 AM
Quote from: annapr on February 02, 2016, 09:03:06 AM

Every one of the now 15 posts have been derogatory or some sort of a sly insult. Even in your reply above you had to include an attempted insult. Have you a dislike for all things Man Utd?

he's obsessed with saying obsessed .... he also cant see that these two clubs have banter between them, swings and roundabouts, if he cant get his head around that then I don't know... Anyway don't lose sleep over it Annapr life is way too short
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Good article here

Look at the 2006 team that won the Champions League & the 2009 team that won the champions league.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Good article here

Yeah, he didn't do anything with them  ::)

He walked in as somebody who had only every managed the B team and immediately fucked out Ronaldinho and Deco, two of the top players in world football for much of the decade and tried to get rid of another one in Eto'o. He decided Messi was the man and switched their play to go through him, bought Alves to complement him on the right hand side (Alves has the second most assists in La Liga since 2008 behind, you guessed it, Messi) and brought through players like Busquets (immediately) and Pedro a year later.

He completely changed the way the team played. Your post is nonsense. Moyes and Van Gaal both inherited squads full of world class players and then spent considerable sums augmenting it. Why haven't United been winning trebles?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Minder on February 02, 2016, 10:54:23 AM

Good article here

Look at the 2006 team that won the Champions League & the 2009 team that won the champions league.
#
Tata Martino had the same squad and did nothing with them. Guardiola is a good manager and any fan from another club who thinks otherwise is delusional. He will deliver domestic success but it will be hard to shift Barca and Real in Europe, not to mention PSG and Bayern.

gallsman

What are the united fans thoughts on the lack of business during the transfer window?

NAG1

Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2016, 11:19:22 AM
What are the united fans thoughts on the lack of business during the transfer window?

Dont think there was ever going to be any investment with a change of manager looking inevitable.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2016, 11:10:50 AM

Good article here

Yeah, he didn't do anything with them  ::)

He walked in as somebody who had only every managed the B team and immediately fucked out Ronaldinho and Deco, two of the top players in world football for much of the decade and tried to get rid of another one in Eto'o. He decided Messi was the man and switched their play to go through him, bought Alves to complement him on the right hand side (Alves has the second most assists in La Liga since 2008 behind, you guessed it, Messi) and brought through players like Busquets (immediately) and Pedro a year later.

He completely changed the way the team played. Your post is nonsense. Moyes and Van Gaal both inherited squads full of world class players and then spent considerable sums augmenting it. Why haven't United been winning trebles?

;D ;D

Really? You really don't believe that, do you?

DuffleKing

Quote from: NAG1 on February 02, 2016, 11:21:38 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2016, 11:19:22 AM

Dont think there was ever going to be any investment with a change of manager looking inevitable.

Little or no high quality available in this window. Makes no sense to throw money at it

gallsman

Moyes inherited a team that had just won the league and contained de Gea, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Rooney and Van Persie, two years out from a Champions League final appearance. Just because they all subsequently went to shite under Moyes doesn't change the fact that they were all top level players.

Maroon Manc

You'd swear Pep had magical powers listening to the media, failing to win a European Cup with that set of players would be a failure for someone so talented. The reality is that its tougher to win the CL then it was when he was at Barca.

He's obviously a great coach but its getting ridiculous, his Barca team lost in 2010 & 2012 to Inter & Chelsea who who were no way near as talented as that Barca team. 2010 is probably the biggest missed opportunity for United, we had Bayern beaten and threw it away, we'd have beaten that Inter team of 2010.

Its going to be the biggest test of Pep's career, it is easier to win trophies playing Mourinho's pragmatic style as opposed to Pep's attacking style. I'd be more worried about City dominating if Mourinho had been given the City job.

Pep will get huge sums of money to bring in players but only time will tell how successful he'll be.